I just bought a blackberry leap should receive it in the next couple days. I'm switching from a OnePlus One. I know the specs are terrible compared to the One, but BB 10 looks pretty sick. I just wanted to know if the leap would run smoothly without lag despite the specs. What are your experiences?
    09-12-15 09:30 PM
    I just bought a blackberry leap should receive it in the next couple days. I'm switching from a OnePlus One. I know the specs are terrible compared to the One, but BB 10 looks pretty sick. I just wanted to know if the leap would run smoothly without lag despite the specs. What are your experiences?
    I've been using a leap for the good part of 3 months now. All is well on my side. There is no lag when moving through the OS. It's easy to set up all your accounts and settings.

Battery life is decent. You should get through a full day with moderate usage. Gaming isn't great, but that's a given due to the Adreno 225 but then again, it's not meant for gaming. It's a work device

Build quality is great, lovely to hold in the hand, the screen is super bright, one of the best.

Camera is decent, no where near a iPhone or GS6 but it does a nice job

That's about all I can say for now, been a good experience for me and would definitely recommend to someone else.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on OS 10.3.3.271
    09-13-15 01:57 AM
    You have the right state of mind, OP.

Yes, on paper, the specs look worse than a flagship android, but Leap is running a much more efficient operating system. It doesn't need bulky specs.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    09-13-15 02:00 AM
    Exactly, BlackBerry doesn't need highest of the specs to run BB10. Andriods look more of a wastage of specs.

Z30 / STA100-2 /10.3.2.2639
    lift likes this.
    09-13-15 02:13 AM
    I just switched from an Android using the same cpu & gpu and the leap is way faster, the bb10 os is very smooth and slick.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by hooligan66; 09-16-15 at 03:56 PM.
    LoneStarRed and elfabio80 like this.
    09-16-15 02:50 AM
    I'm definitely enjoying mine. With the current prices I think it's a good deal.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 09:13 PM
    How much was it OP?

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2639
    09-17-15 09:29 PM
    Depends on what you paid for it. In my opinion the One+One is a much better device all around, but you may end up liking it. I'm not a fan of it and plan on getting rid of mine as a backup phone when the slider launches.
    09-20-15 12:15 PM
    Mine runs fine, no lag. I had the Z30 before and really don't see much noticeable difference speed wise. Ymmv

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 10:08 PM
    I'm happy with mine if that helps any. I have a black pp se pp Classic and Leap find myself using the Classic more thinking of getting the blue version and a p9983 just cause I miss my q10

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 10:50 PM
    I just switched from an Android using the same cpu & gpu and the leap is way faster, the bb10 os is very smooth and slick.

Posted via CB10
    Boom. What he said.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    10-03-15 01:03 AM
    I got mine almost 6 months ago and it has done right by me and served me well. I switched from a Z10. And though this is an entry to mid-tier phone and that implies some missing specs, those that are, haven't made much difference to me.

And yes the price was an issue. I bought mine factory unlocked, directly from BlackBerry. I'm on prepaid, and paid with tax and everything less than $400 dollars. And that is definitely worth it for what this phone is and does.

I don't want or need to pay hundreds upon hundreds of dollars for an IPhone or Android device...be it Samsung Galaxy or whatever else.

That goes for the BlackBerry Priv also...

My only worry is that BlackBerry will abandon BB10 and the accompanying devices soon...

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    Kitebrdr likes this.
    11-02-15 06:06 PM
    Got my Leap today. Looks nice for a midrange device. Like the way it looks better then the Z30. Have to use it for a couple off days to get a good impression.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport ‎
    11-04-15 03:59 PM
    I agree, soft touch body is definitely nicer. Though, all (old) ThinkPad's users know that the gumm tends to got scrubed away during regular use. The "square" shape also makes Leap harder to hold in hand. However, repeating myself the overall design is much nicer though.
    11-18-15 02:38 PM
    I've had Leap since May. All good except for quality of ear speaker for phone...hard to hear person on other end of call when anything is going on around me...going for repair. I heard this has been a fairly common complaint. Navigation is quick between any apps or within any app. I shut down and restart once a week or so as the volume rocker switches on the side become not as responsive as they should be. After restart they are spot on again.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 07:18 PM
    Super fast without compromise and never worried about RAM management, that's how BlackBerry 10 compared to android

 Passport via CB10 || previous device : Q10, Z3, Z10, Storm 9530, 8520, 8530, 9000, 8320
    11-27-15 08:49 AM
    This post speaks volumes about BB10 and Android. I mucked around with an Android phone For an hour and found it awkward to navigate. Granted, with more time, I would have become more proficient, but first impression wasn't pleasant.

Posted via Z10
    11-28-15 11:55 PM
    I've had my Leap for about 6 months. Build quality and battery life are amazing. I have not noticed any lag. My only complaint is the camera in low light conditions. Otherwise, I'm super happy with the speed that the Leap allows me to get things done. As for the app gap, I find most mobile websites these days are geared towards smartphones. Make an icon for the website in your desktop, save any login information, and voila. Or, install from Amazon or Google Play using Corbu's work around.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-15 01:20 AM
    This post speaks volumes about BB10 and Android. I mucked around with an Android phone For an hour and found it awkward to navigate. Granted, with more time, I would have become more proficient, but first impression wasn't pleasant.

Posted via Z10
    I bought an Android tablet to familiarize myself with the OS. Side by side, Lollipop seems to require a lot more steps and it is so darn hard to get out of the habit of swiping. I have a Lenovo and what I love is it is not too bloated with software and more stock Android. I see how people who like customization will like Android, but for someone who values practicality and efficiency, it can test ur patience at times.

My son was given the choice between the Leap and the Priv. He chose the Leap because he doesn't care for Android.

Posted via Classic
    11-29-15 01:54 PM