Huys what's ur take on the leap.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 09:22 AM
    Not impressed with the specs...I'm sure it will appease some

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    03-03-15 09:23 AM
    Not impressed with the specs...I'm sure it will appease some

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    me either. not a flagship device, for sure. Cheap device.
    03-03-15 09:24 AM
    Looking from a Z3 owners perspective who is looking for a nice low end device. I would say it's a really nice upgrade, and if you purchased one when it was first released it would be about 1 year old. So it's nice to know what your upgrade will be next year.

� improved screen resolution
    � bigger battery
    � better camera

Looking from a Z10 owners perspective who is looking for a Mid range device. I would say it's a laughable "upgrade" because of the reasons below and also because it doesn't look as nice as the Z10 does. Although that being said, the white version of the Leap looks pretty snazy IMO.

� Lower Screen resolution
    � (All the Same;... Processor, GPU, Camera)
    � Much bigger battery + 1,000mAh

But overall it's still good that BlackBerry is making devices so there is more options for people to chose from.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2243
    anon(9155131) and Carjackd like this.
    03-03-15 10:00 AM
    Agreed

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 10:01 AM
    I think the specs argument gets even stronger with things like this:

https://t.co/v492Nmx2M4
    03-03-15 10:05 AM
    Well, my Mom has loved the Z10 I gave her almost two years ago. Except that she had to increase the font size to be able to actually use it.

I suppose the same device with a bigger screen (at a low price) would be something I would consider buying her.

My question is, is there any advantage to a buyer in this scenario to chose the Leap over a sale-priced Z30? (waterproof would be enough to sell me on it, especially for low-maintenance (i.e. risky) users)

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 10:15 AM
    Duplicate
    03-03-15 10:17 AM
    Well, my Mom has loved the Z10 I gave her almost two years ago. Except that she had to increase the font size to be able to actually use it.

I suppose the same device with a bigger screen (at a low price) would be something I would consider buying her.

Looks like better specs on the Z30

My question is, is there any advantage to a buyer in this scenario to chose the Leap over a sale-priced Z30? (waterproof would be enough to sell me on it, especially for low-maintenance (i.e. risky) users)

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 10:18 AM
    I love the idea for it to be distributed to enterprise clients and emerging markets, it's better than the iPhone C. By a long shot and has potential to sell.

Z10
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    03-03-15 10:20 AM
    My question is, is there any advantage to a buyer in this scenario to chose the Leap over a sale-priced Z30?

Posted via CB10
    ^YES!!! It shows to the User's Manual the year '2015'...

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 10:20 AM
    Does not appeal to me. I think it would have been better to release a successor to the z30 which is older than the z3.

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    03-03-15 10:59 AM
    I am not impressed with the leap either. Let's be honest, it was known from the beginning this device isn't something to "wow" people. It was known this will be an affordable advice. Yet it is the price which doesn't really impress me. 275$ is too much IMHO for the delivered package. It is interesting for existing Z10 who might look for a larger screen and don't want the Z30 due to the AMOLED screen.
    Z30 users won't even look at it, unless they are really annoyed by that OLED display.

People who are looking for a new phone in general find competing full-touch devices at a lower price.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 11:54 AM
    It's a good successor to the z10

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 12:14 PM
    It's a good successor to the z10

Posted via CB10
    A true successor would also have updated hardware, just like Q10 -> Classic (although I know the Classic isn't supposed to be a Q10 successor) they just deliver a different package.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 12:26 PM
    They say it's going to be $275. That is an awful price for the same specs they've been releasing for over 2 years now.

The thing is, it's going to cost more than $275. They said the Z3 would be under $200 and it's still selling for around $280 on ebay a year later.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 12:29 PM
    What about the z10 users that AREN`T interested in a larger screen? I am seriously sick of this "gotta be bigger" attitude. They have a low end (z3), mid range (z10) and high end (z30). sizes are good, just upgrade the specs! and yes, waterproof would be awesome too. And if people need a giant screen, make a z50, who cares, z99 can be a 10" phone if that's what people are going to pay for.
    03-03-15 12:32 PM
    It's overpriced for what it is. Considering the Z30 keeps alternating between $350 and $250 I'd rather a Z30. Furthermore at that price range people can and will spend a little extra to get something like a one plus one.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 12:50 PM
    What about the z10 users that AREN`T interested in a larger screen? I am seriously sick of this "gotta be bigger" attitude. They have a low end (z3), mid range (z10) and high end (z30). sizes are good, just upgrade the specs! and yes, waterproof would be awesome too. And if people need a giant screen, make a z50, who cares, z99 can be a 10" phone if that's what people are going to pay for.
    I'd be okay with the 4.7" screen if it were styled like the Z10 (with less bezel space), and actually had more current hardware - which this LeapPad... sorry.... "Leap" doesn't have. It has the same specs and the screen is just scaled up - not a higher res. Lower even because of the proportionally narrower ratio.

Hoping something else is coming.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 01:44 PM
    仍然让人t'y

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 01:58 PM
    You know, to be honest, I like the look of the thing.

If there is a future higher-end-than-this device, maybe a brushed metal trim and buttons could be worked into the design. I do actually like the whole glass face look.

Posted via CB10
    tvst28 and Randal Yandal like this.
    03-03-15 04:39 PM
    I just watched the advert and I understood... You are A STARTUP and have story of your life is about to be written. This is just a low budget enterprise device.
    03-03-15 04:44 PM
    If this Leap can come to the US prepaid markets, might work to get people back since they had no other choice to move to another platforms since all they carried was the legacy curves.

Via BlackBerry 10  Z30
    03-03-15 06:22 PM
    This device is not for you, the consumer.

It is made to win over the IT guys where you work.

My work rolled out new phones last year: iPhone 5c's. Why? Because they cost nothing or next to nothing on contract, and they just work. As an added bonus, most people understand the OS.

BlackBerry already has a 'work/serious' reputation. So if you're an IT manager, especially if you already have BlackBerries, you look at these and think, "free on contract" and "nobody ever got fired for buying IBM" (meaning, stick with something made for business). Easy choice. Win-win for Mr. IT.

They might even hope to satisfy the odd person who's been after a touch-screen device. But as you know, the guys in IT don't care what you think of the device. If they did, my workplace would be full of macs to satisfy the iWhiners. Instead, it's all T430s. Every last computer. Because the guys in IT know better.

I think this is good strategy from BlackBerry, but only time will tell if it works. Even good strategies can fail.
    bbtino likes this.
    03-03-15 09:06 PM
    I'm a Z30 owner and if and when it comes to the North American market I'll be on board as a collectors interest, for me it's another BlackBerry to add to my growing collection,cant wait.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 09:44 PM
35 12