On BlackBerry's US site, it is listed. So I guess that means it will go to some carriers and be able to buy at ShopBlackBerry in the United States soon?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 08:21 PM
    On BlackBerry's US site, it is listed. So I guess that means it will go to some carriers and be able to buy at ShopBlackBerry in the United States soon?

Posted via CB10
    I would assume so...however, I'd take a look at picking up a Z10 if you are interested in the other. The Z10 can be purchased used on CB forums for less than half the price of a new Leap device.
    03-03-15 08:26 PM
    I would assume so...however, I'd take a look at picking up a Z10 if you are interested in the other. The Z10 can be purchased used on CB forums for less than half the price of a new Leap device.
    I would personally advise you to stay away from the Z10 at this point. While I used mine for 19-20 months and was extremely happy with it, the battery life was very disappointing. If you can get a Z30 in the Leap price range, that's a pretty solid deal. Otherwise, the Leap is the way to go.

I'm sure it'll be offered In the US. BlackBerry had announced they had plans to bring a 4G LTE capable version of the Z3 to North America sometime and looks like the Leap is their way of doing that.

Via CB10 on this beast they call the Passport
    03-03-15 08:35 PM
    I'm not really interested in it, just curious for my homeland. I have a red Passport, probably upgrade to the new slider when it's released.

I think it'd be good for BlackBerry to launch a lower-end touchscreen phone in the US. I believe it could sell well here.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 08:59 PM
    I have a Z30, currently using a Q10 and I am looking forward to getting to hold me up until Visa or the Slider comes to Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 09:46 PM
    Apparently no plans to bring the Leap to the U.S. I'm guessing carrier support is only there for qwerty devices. That said I can see unlocked sales possibly on BlackBerry.com. Let's hope we see that and a sale this summer of $199!

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    03-04-15 07:20 PM
    I'm interested! I tried the Z30 but the color (white) and form factor were didn't cut it for me so I'll make the Leap #summerphone

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 09:10 PM
    I'm interested! I tried the Z30 but the color (white) and form factor were didn't cut it for me so I'll make the Leap #summerphone

Posted via CB10
    You do realize that both the Z30 and Leap have almost identical form factors. They both have 5" screens, all while the Z30 is a slightly shorter, narrower and thinner device.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by thanasi; 03-07-15 at 08:30 PM.
    03-04-15 09:31 PM
    Z10 is a great phone, I used one for over 2 years since it launched.
    However, I would not recommend it to anyone NOW. The battery life is just atrocious. I dealt and put up with it...even carrying an extra battery/charger bundle.

I gave my z10 away for free to an iPhone 4s user and my last words were "keep it, enjoy it, fantastic phone...just keep an eye on your battery and get a charger for work and your car, you will need it!"

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 07:38 PM
    The Z30 thinner? Really?
    Shorter? no way.

But maybe that's how they get extra battery in. (But, should it be thinner with new battery technology in the past two years?

You do realize that both the Z30 and Leap have almost identical form factors. They both have 5" screens, all while the Z30 is a slightly shorter, narrower and thinner device.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 07:39 AM
    The Z30 thinner? Really?
    Shorter? no way.

But maybe that's how they get extra battery in. (But, should it be thinner with new battery technology in the past two years?
    Yes, the z30 is slightly thinner and shorter than the leap.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 10:21 AM