How can I get sound to come through plugged-in earbuds and not the speaker (so I can listen to music in public etc). Weird concept but I like how earbuds enable you to do that. Sound only comes through speaker now even with earbuds plugged in. Is there a way to fix or should I just go back to a phone that works properly ?

Posted via CB10
    10-28-16 02:28 PM
    How can I get sound to come through plugged-in earbuds and not the speaker (so I can listen to music in public etc). Weird concept but I like how earbuds enable you to do that. Sound only comes through speaker now even with earbuds plugged in. Is there a way to fix or should I just go back to a phone that works properly ?

Posted via CB10
    You sound like this isn't your first issue.... might be time to move on.

Some have tried cleaning the headphone jacks, some have tired different headphones, some of found that uninstalling an wayward app might fix it, some have found that doing a security wipe would fix it...... other found it was just a hardware problem that wasn't worth fixing. (not sure about the LEAP, but some of the other phones this is a part that can be replaced... not on the main board.
    10-28-16 02:32 PM
    Step 1:

Test headphone Jack using the BBVE app from blackberry.

Step 2:

Try cleaning the Jack delicately with a toothpick or something, dust and lint can buildup..
    10-28-16 02:33 PM
    Definitely not the first issue - this phone is terrible. I've had it for a year. This jack thing might be the last straw.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-16 02:36 PM
    Does the issue persist after a device restart?
    10-28-16 04:09 PM
    Yes although to be honest I've had to restart 4-5 times in the past just to use the search function in the hub

Posted via CB10
    10-28-16 04:24 PM
    Does BBVE detect the headphones once plugged in?
    10-28-16 05:02 PM