BlackBerry thinks that they can sell the "Manitoba" to Enterprise users. I think it would be a great company phone.
    08-26-14 10:44 AM
    A Z20 is supposed to be a high-end device.
    Lol, no, it's not.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 11:11 AM
    Definitely not looking like something I'll be upgrading to. Any device released in 2014 that doesn't have a full 1080p screen is antiquated from day one.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    Karben likes this.
    08-26-14 11:23 AM
    For me, a Z3 LTE with Z30 specs is a low-end phone.

As I said, we are expecting Z20/Z50 with at least Passport specs. That would make sense.
    I agree. That would be a low spec phone.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Karben likes this.
    08-26-14 11:24 AM
    Lol, no, it's not.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it should be. Otherwise it had to be renamed to Z2 or Z5.
    Karben likes this.
    08-26-14 11:40 AM
    Yes, it should be. Otherwise it had to be renamed to Z2 or Z5.
    Better than the Z10 but not better than the Z30. Makes quite a lot of sense.

Posted via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    08-26-14 11:44 AM
    Better than the Z10 but not better than the Z30. Makes quite a lot of sense.

Posted via CB10
    A new 2015 device with Z30 specs is completely outdated. Z20 and Z50 should have Passport-like specs with different formats (4,2" and 5" screens).

Z10 appeared as a high-end device, so Z20 must have the same target.
    Karben likes this.
    08-26-14 11:51 AM
    A new 2015 device with Z30 specs is completely outdated. Z20 and Z50 should have Passport-like specs with different formats (4,2" and 5" screens).

Z10 appeared as a high-end device, so Z20 must have the same target.
    ...assuming this is even called the Z20, seeing as how BlackBerry is starting to ditch numerical names.

Even so, does it need to be bleeding edge if it's intended to be a lower-cost device?

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 11:54 AM
    It just has to have a better screen than the Z3 and perhaps HDMI out and LTE. Most low end consumers and employees of enterprise will be satisfied with a 5 inch screen with 720 P. The price??? BlackBerry has a long history of thinking that they can compete with Apple etc.
    08-26-14 12:06 PM
    To be honnest, I have an iPhone 5 and really want to change for a Blackberry. I had the Z10 at the Global launch and hated it (Software, Screen brightness, poor battery). I don't want a physical keyboard. So of the Z20 it's, like some say, just a Z3 LTE, be sure that I will not go for it.

And I don't who will.
    08-26-14 01:06 PM
    ...assuming this is even called the Z20, seeing as how BlackBerry is starting to ditch numerical names.

Even so, does it need to be bleeding edge if it's intended to be a lower-cost device?

Posted via CB10
    I say Z20 just for better understanding, meaning the Z10 replacement. Who says it must be a lower cost device? For that we already have the Z3.

For me to replace the Z10 I look for better screen, more memory, better battery and faster processor. As simple as that.
    Karben likes this.
    08-26-14 01:15 PM
    I say Z20 just for better understanding, meaning the Z10 replacement. Who says it must be a lower cost device? For that we already have the Z3.

For me to replace the Z10 I look for better screen, more memory, better battery and faster processor. As simple as that.
    I don't think you're understanding that there technically isn't a new device coming. BlackBerry Empire happily mislead everyone for views.

Read the 2014 Road map, and device details. That will clear up your misunderstandings about why the device is necessary to BlackBerry.

The point is moot to continue to argue for a high end device when one is not coming this year. Cross your fingers for next year.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    08-26-14 01:27 PM
    I don't think you're understanding that there technically isn't a new device coming. BlackBerry Empire happily mislead everyone for views.

Read the 2014 Road map, and device details. That will clear up your misunderstandings about why the device is necessary to BlackBerry.

The point is moot to continue to argue for a high end device when one is not coming this year. Cross your fingers for next year.

Posted via CB10
    I am aware of BlackBerry roadmap and fortunately I am able to understand written English. I have no misunderstandings and perfectly know what devices are coming. My point is that none of these devices can replace my Z10, and I am giving my point of view of what the Z20/Z50 should be.
    08-26-14 01:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    According to some the Road map is not recent. They could have change since it. And we saw 1080p ref in some blackberry leak. Nobody outside BB really knows what's coming.
    08-26-14 01:51 PM
    According to some the Road map is not recent. They could have change since it. And we saw 1080p ref in some blackberry leak. Nobody outside BB really knows what's coming.
    Let's hope so, because although I am more than happy with the Z10, I would not mind upgrading to a better device.
    08-26-14 01:54 PM
    You guys are being so ignorant. Dylan knows his stuff, there's no high-end all touch coming this year.

It's not hard to understand.
    08-26-14 05:01 PM
    You guys are being so ignorant. Dylan knows his stuff, there's no high-end all touch coming this year.

So clever of you to say that...
    And you're wrong, it's hard to understand BB. A Z3 LTE with specs from 4 years ago sell at nearly the price of a Nexus X. Not better than a Z30 released a year ago. Nobody will buy this phone.
    08-26-14 05:20 PM

You did not read the posts, did you?
    Karben and Brad Steele like this.
    08-26-14 11:47 PM
    LOL - Let me stop you right there. There is no "new device" in the sense of what you're inferring.

The Z20 is the Z3 LTE re-branded for NA launch.

Slight redesign to the back, LCD 720x1280, slightly bumped specs internally - but that's it.

Posted via CB10
    And your evidence for this is what?

Anyways, for most of us, a device released with new hardware, new software and in a new market is generally considered new. Marketing 101, LOL.

Posted via CB10
    Karben likes this.
    08-28-14 09:29 PM
    I would be shocked to see this "low cost" device sell for less that 399 off contract. This is BB we are talking about. They havent got a price right since OS 6 devices were released really. Anyone thinking this is "high end" or that BB thinks it is "high end" is sadly wrong. This will be as stated many times a Z3 with similar insides as a Z30. BB doesnt have a good upgrade for the Z10 and that is just the way its going to be
    Bbnivende likes this.
    08-28-14 10:13 PM
    I would be shocked to see this "low cost" device sell for less that 399 off contract. This is BB we are talking about. They havent got a price right since OS 6 devices were released really. Anyone thinking this is "high end" or that BB thinks it is "high end" is sadly wrong. This will be as stated many times a Z3 with similar insides as a Z30. BB doesnt have a good upgrade for the Z10 and that is just the way its going to be
    I think we are in agreement. It is perfectly logical for BlackBerry to upgrade Z10 first. A good value phone is key and a segment that BlackBerry can compete in. Look folks, most people don't want to spend 700 dollars, particularly when their mobile needs are modest.

The key to success is, however pricing. BlackBerry has got to suck it up and realize that they have to sell at a discount to their peers. They really have no choice given market perception. If they can make a 4.8 to 5 inch phone at a price point of 350-400 dollars, they will do well. Anything above that and they are flirting with danger. I surely hope someone at HQ reads this and gets the message. Price it to sell it.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 05:50 AM
    Anyways, for most of us, a device released with new hardware, new software and in a new market is generally considered new. Marketing 101, LOL.
    I don't know what marketing class you took. A re-branded device is just that. Adding a few new components doesn't make it new.

Karben likes this.
    08-31-14 07:57 PM
    I think we are in agreement. It is perfectly logical for BlackBerry to upgrade Z10 first. A good value phone is key and a segment that BlackBerry can compete in. Look folks, most people don't want to spend 700 dollars, particularly when their mobile needs are modest.

The key to success is, however pricing. BlackBerry has got to suck it up and realize that they have to sell at a discount to their peers. They really have no choice given market perception. If they can make a 4.8 to 5 inch phone at a price point of 350-400 dollars, they will do well. Anything above that and they are flirting with danger. I surely hope someone at HQ reads this and gets the message. Price it to sell it.

Posted via CB10
    Still too high. They will need to get below the next Nexus and Moto in a meaningful way.
    Karben likes this.
    08-31-14 08:02 PM
    Hallels.com is reporting (Sept. 4, 2014) that a Z50 is in production with 5.2" screen, 1080x1920 resolution, 13 MP camera, quad core processor with 64 bit chip and 8GB RAM, and 3300 mAh battery.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    tanzarian likes this.
    09-05-14 07:38 AM
    Hallels.com is reporting (Sept. 4, 2014) that a Z50 is in production with 5.2" screen, 1080x1920 resolution, 13 MP camera, quad core processor with 64 bit chip and 8GB RAM, and 3300 mAh battery.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    and that is all bogus info for the most part too
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    09-05-14 07:53 AM
74 123