Got my KEYone a few days ago and noticed that problem right out of the box.

The silver cover attached to the acutal SIM-tray is loosely riveted.
    That means you can wiggle the silver cover on the side of your phone, the part where you put your ejecting tool in. Infact you can just shake your phone slightly and a rattling noise is notable, that's the cover attached to the SIM-tray - NOT the tray itself.

From my point of view the problem could be fixed by a proper new SIM-tray with a fixed side cover.

I do not want to look out for a new KEYone when it is just the SIM-tray being faulty, particularly because the odds seem to be fifty-fifty. Some reporting the same issue, others saying theirs is tight in place.

After getting mixed feedback on this topic, I decided to start a dedicated thread on this issue for visibility.
    Would be nice to hear from BlackBerry Mobile on this.
    Tim-ANC and hjc73734 like this.
    05-22-17 02:33 PM
    Mine doesn't rattle at all. Wasn't the easiest to slide back into the phone due to it holding the sd and sim. But it's sturdy
    05-22-17 03:02 PM
    Got my KEYone a few days ago and noticed that problem right out of the box.

The silver cover attached to the acutal SIM-tray is loosely riveted.
    That means you can wiggle the silver cover on the side of your phone, the part where you put your ejecting tool in. Infact you can just shake your phone slightly and a rattling noise is notable, that's the cover attached to the SIM-tray - NOT the tray itself.

From my point of view the problem could be fixed by a proper new SIM-tray with a fixed side cover.

I do not want to look out for a new KEYone when it is just the SIM-tray being faulty, particularly because the odds seem to be fifty-fifty. Some reporting the same issue, others saying theirs is tight in place.

After getting mixed feedback on this topic, I decided to start a dedicated thread on this issue for visibility.
    What do you mean with "silver cover"? & "Cover attached to the SIM-tray - NOT the tray itself"?
    SIM-tray quality issues-simsd-card_0.jpgSIM-tray quality issues-nanosim.jpg
    Maybe a small dab of superglue will do? But o/c not so much that you would never be able to retrieve the SIM/SD Card, but just enough to fill between the cracks that cause the issue.
    Owning a Priv for the last 18 months cured my OCD LOL. I can make music with that thing: shaking, wiggling, squeezing and tapping on it in different positions all make their own unique sounds LOL.
    Last edited by WT44; 05-22-17 at 04:10 PM.
    05-22-17 03:42 PM
    What do you mean with "silver cover"?
    Took your picture, thanks.

Glue would probably fix it, but i do not want to do this. Someday it may crumbles and damages the slot. I know what the answer for warranty would be.

This is a brand new device and since not all devices are affected, it has to be a factory fault
    - not just bad quality.
    Attached Thumbnails SIM-tray quality issues-294.jpg  
    05-22-17 03:58 PM
    Try looking at this video. In the end you will se that it's the same wobbling sim card tray as you describe. It's the same on mine. Thinking it may be on purpose since you kind of have to wiggle the sim card tray in...

How to insert a SIM card into the BlackBerry KEYone | CrackBerry.com
    05-23-17 01:00 PM
    Good idea to start a new thread. I have been following the German waiting room and it seems it might only be qwertz models. I asked UK owners and the one reply I got said theirs was not a problem. You should get more feedback when FR and CA get theirs next week.
    05-24-17 05:48 AM
    Took your picture, thanks.

Glue would probably fix it, but i do not want to do this. Someday it may crumbles and damages the slot. I know what the answer for warranty would be.

This is a brand new device and since not all devices are affected, it has to be a factory fault
    - not just bad quality.
    The two dots on top: Do those look like actual rivets or plastic snap in pegs?
    05-24-17 05:57 AM
    The two dots on top: Do those look like actual rivets or plastic snap in pegs?
    Sorry, cannot differentiate. It looks like plastic and not really riveted to me.

One could really tell if their KEYone is as bad as mine by shaking it. Mine rattles unless I hold my finger on the tray.

I really wish @blackberrymobile could investigate this issue.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    06-01-17 10:56 AM
    Mine also rattles but it doesn't bother me much. I rather have my keyone rather than wait for a new one
    06-01-17 01:35 PM
    No rattling for me
    anon(10120165) likes this.
    06-01-17 01:36 PM
    No rattling for me
    Congrats. Keep it warm and fuzzy.

Mine also rattles but it doesn't bother me much. I rather have my keyone rather than wait for a new one
    I feel you and kept mine, too.

But it really is annoying. Will try fix this in the future but my hopes are still up for a solution from @blackberrymobile.

It's really just the tray. Poor little thing.
    06-01-17 01:43 PM
    Congrats. Keep it warm and fuzzy.

I feel you and kept mine, too.

But it really is annoying. Will try fix this in the future but my hopes are still up for a solution from @blackberrymobile.

It's really just the tray. Poor little thing.
    Maybe when replacement parts come available we can always swap it out
    06-01-17 01:47 PM
    Maybe when replacement parts come available we can always swap it out
    That's what i'm thinking. Just ask for a new tray on warranty.
    06-02-17 01:57 AM
    It's odd. Mine is solid no wobbling. My wife's wobbles. She doesn't bother her so ... it doesn't bother me. As someone else suggested, just wait for replacement parts.

Makes you wonder though, what the intended build was .... Solid or Wobbly?
    06-02-17 11:27 AM
    It's odd. Mine is solid no wobbling. My wife's wobbles. She doesn't bother her so ... it doesn't bother me. As someone else suggested, just wait for replacement parts.

Makes you wonder though, what the intended build was .... Solid or Wobbly?
    @Master of Surgery: Are you and your wife's SD card unexpectedly unmounting? I have a sim card tray that kinda wobbles (just a bit, nothing major) but I kept getting the SD Unmount unexpectedly error...

If your K1 is fine and your wife's K1 has the same bug as mine, then I can probably tell it's a hardware issue...
    06-03-17 12:38 AM
    @Master of Surgery: Are you and your wife's SD card unexpectedly unmounting? I have a sim card tray that kinda wobbles (just a bit, nothing major) but I kept getting the SD Unmount unexpectedly error...

If your K1 is fine and your wife's K1 has the same bug as mine, then I can probably tell it's a hardware issue...
    Negative. They're both fine.
    06-03-17 12:51 AM
    Negative. They're both fine.
    Oh man....tks. then what in the world is wrong with my k1....
    06-03-17 10:05 AM
    I just put my sim card in today and noticed it's wobbly. But I don't hear it rattle. seems secure once it's inserted.

Haven't had any mem card unmounts yet. But it's just today that I'm going to put it to full use.
    06-09-17 04:53 PM
    Hi recently I purchased keyone from clove.co.uk, I had similar sim tray rattling. I enquired with clove they said many units had similar issues. It is manufacturered with a purpose like that. Any clarification
    06-28-17 01:26 PM
    I just returned my new out of the box KEYone Black Edition because of this issue. Shame on BlackBerry for making such a low quality sim tray. Oddly enough, it only rattles when the tray is loaded up inside the phone. When inserted, I also found the cover had a lot of play when touching it. Very annoying. Couldn't handle it, so I returned it. I feel bad about it. But, It's unacceptable to spend $800 and live with that terrible sim tray. I guess I'll wait for the KEYtwo to come out in a year from now. Hopefully it will not be a problem then, and their screens will be glued down well too.
    11-17-17 05:25 PM
    Black Edition here as well, no issues. This one reminds me of an old Bob Dylan lyric: "I helped her out of a jam I guess, but I used a little too much force". Lol.
    11-17-17 05:32 PM
    Does your sim tray cover (door) have a lot of wiggle and play on it? Mine felt loose on the welding points.
    11-17-17 05:47 PM
    Does your sim tray cover (door) have a lot of wiggle and play on it? Mine felt loose on the welding points.
    Have this problem on my early silver unit. My friend with a black KEYᵒⁿᵉ doesn't have this, it's rock solid on his.

It's sad to hear that even over a half year after the release and on a new generation of the phone, this problem can still occur as you had to experience.

I also can say that you have to send in your whole device to get this (probably) fixed. I did not do this since I need my device. I'm very disappointed they cannot exchange just the SIM-tray. Bad customer support IMHO. Google served me better for years - they are excellent on this.
    11-18-17 06:07 AM
    I'm just surprised they didn't upgrade the sim tray on the Black Edition. You think their quality control department would have fixed that. I'm just pissed I had to return a perfect good phone for a $1 faulty part.
    11-18-17 11:24 AM
    I had the same issue with my silver k1 but a very small drop of superglue fixed it. Not a big issue for me.
    11-23-17 01:36 AM
27 12