Dear all Blackberry users, appreciate if you could share your thoughts and experience on how often does Blackberry pushes out new software and security updates.
    Aside from that, did Blackberry commit to a certain time-frame only in releasing updates? eg. 2 years?

I've never used any Blackberry device before, currently I'm seriously considering to get Blackberry Keyone for it's physical keyboard.
    However, I'm curious about it's security updates.
    For example, looking at the Blackberry Priv, as of now (as what I heard), it is still with Android Marshmallow rather than Nougat. For me, it kinda contradicts with its claim of being one of the most secure android phone with such a slow updates.

Thanks in advance for sharing.
    05-24-17 07:18 PM
    There's a difference between security and OS updates. BlackBerry is committed to security updates. OS updates are sketchy at best. I'd expect O for the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. If you are drawn to a PKB, there isn't any other choice.
    lemonyf likes this.
    05-24-17 09:37 PM
    yeah there's rarely any commitment to updating the os itself but BlackBerry has been updating the security patches each month which is super important.
    BigBadWulf and lemonyf like this.
    05-24-17 09:47 PM
    yeah there's rarely any commitment to updating the os itself but BlackBerry has been updating the security patches each month* ** *** which is super important.
    * depending on device
    ** subject to carrier
    05-24-17 10:55 PM
    * depending on device
    ** subject to carrier
    Subject to carrier sure unless you buy unlocked. But for the most part BlackBerry has been pretty good with all their devices with the exception of a couple of hicups but nothing major. Still probably the best with the exception of Nexus / Pixel devices.
    BigBadWulf and lemonyf like this.
    05-24-17 10:58 PM
    Subject to carrier sure unless you buy unlocked. But for the most part BlackBerry has been pretty good with all their devices with the exception of a couple of hicups but nothing major. Still probably the best with the exception of Nexus / Pixel devices.
    Waiting on unlocked KeyOne May security update here, very unlike BB to be this delayed. They usually beat or on same day as Pixel phones.
    05-24-17 11:18 PM
    Waiting on unlocked KeyOne May security update here, very unlike BB to be this delayed. They usually beat or on same day as Pixel phones.
    Yeah bad image for BlackBerry their main point is security update, but KEYᴼᴺᴱ still on April patch
    05-24-17 11:26 PM
    Yeah bad image for BlackBerry their main point is security update, but KEYᴼᴺᴱ still on April patch
    It is still May, so it's not late, yet...
    05-24-17 11:29 PM