Ok, so since updating to this new update, it has introduced a bug that irks me quite a bit... Since getting this phone, one of my favorite things is the 52 keyboard shortcuts allows me to basically go "clean" and have ZERO icons on my home screen. It's super clean looking and I love it. Part of that is there are also no page dots without icons.

Now after the update, even though I have no icons, I have one annoying super bright white page dot that sits above my app drawer icon and my dark background... I know this seems to be (and honestly I guess it is) a relatively minor thing compared to the notifications bug a lot of other people are getting, but seriously, I was really happy to have an empty home screen for so long, now I get annoyed when I unlock my phone and see that one useless dot there for no reason...
    portplayer likes this.
    08-16-17 01:25 AM
    omg this right there. I just did a reboot since I wasn't able to all day to see what the frick was going on. Same dot that I have no use for and it's ugly
    portplayer likes this.
    08-16-17 03:45 AM
    I can't tell you why it wasn't there before I can confirm what it is.

On my KEYᵒⁿᵉ I have all the apps I use in folders on the second page and I have left all the shortcuts on the third leaving the first page, the left most, clear. Above the icons at the bottom there are three white dots representing the three pages with the one I am on bright and the other two dim. This gives a nice representation of what page I'm on.

My thinking is they had logic that eliminated the dot if there was only one page and they either chose to remove it or they broke it.
    08-16-17 06:57 AM
    I can't tell you why it wasn't there before I can confirm what it is.

On my KEYᵒⁿᵉ I have all the apps I use in folders on the second page and I have left all the shortcuts on the third leaving the first page, the left most, clear. Above the icons at the bottom there are three white dots representing the three pages with the one I am on bright and the other two dim. This gives a nice representation of what page I'm on.

My thinking is they had logic that eliminated the dot if there was only one page and they either chose to remove it or they broke it.
    Yes, those are the dots I speak of, and they are supposed to all disappear completely if you have only the one page.

And I know it's a bug because if you add an icon, then remove it, it'll disappear like it's supposed to, but now whenever you go into an app or go into the recents screen and come back to the homepage, now it comes back... This one ugly bright white dot against my dark background there for no reason...
    08-16-17 07:45 AM
    DITTO
    08-16-17 10:49 PM
    I also noticed this right away. The dot bothers me. One thing I hate about Android is the layers of icons and buttons all over the place. The dot just adds more clutter and distraction.

Like you said, it's not a big deal, but would really appreciate if they could remove the dot when there's only one page.
    08-16-17 11:09 PM
    Same annoying Problem on german keyone
    08-18-17 04:53 PM
    Ok, so since updating to this new update, it has introduced a bug that irks me quite a bit... Since getting this phone, one of my favorite things is the 52 keyboard shortcuts allows me to basically go "clean" and have ZERO icons on my home screen. It's super clean looking and I love it. Part of that is there are also no page dots without icons.

Now after the update, even though I have no icons, I have one annoying super bright white page dot that sits above my app drawer icon and my dark background... I know this seems to be (and honestly I guess it is) a relatively minor thing compared to the notifications bug a lot of other people are getting, but seriously, I was really happy to have an empty home screen for so long, now I get annoyed when I unlock my phone and see that one useless dot there for no reason...
    I've also got that bright white dot on my priv, and like you I have no icons on my home screen. Further, I have no second page, cos I just keep everything in my app drawer.

It didn't come through in the August update cos my asia pac priv hasn't received that yet. (Usually happens approx third week of the month or so).
    08-20-17 02:45 AM
    What version launcher have you got, cos I'm fairly sure that white dot showed after I updated beta launcher :
    Attached Thumbnails Page dot appears above app drawer icon even without icons since AAN517-63469.jpg  
    08-20-17 04:12 PM
    Yup. that's the version that got put into the August security update
    08-20-17 10:56 PM
    could the Problem be solved by an update of the Launcher or Do we have to wait for the next General update?
    08-21-17 12:17 PM
    could the Problem be solved by an update of the Launcher or Do we have to wait for the next General update?
    Launcher update should sort it, but keep in mind it could be an intentional 'improvement'.
    08-21-17 03:30 PM
    interesting thought... hope i will find out what the improvement will be.
    08-21-17 03:32 PM
    What version launcher have you got, cos I'm fairly sure that white dot showed after I updated beta launcher :
    Same version as you.
    08-24-17 11:44 PM
    interesting thought... hope i will find out what the improvement will be.
    It will help annoy the crap out of people.
    08-24-17 11:44 PM

Why you stupid dot, why????
    08-24-17 11:46 PM
    any idea to solve this " Problem" by using a different launcher without losing Keyboard shortcuts?
    08-25-17 03:54 AM
    any idea to solve this " Problem" by using a different launcher without losing Keyboard shortcuts?
    Black Magic Marker! (g)

Hole Punch!

Drugs for ocd?
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    08-25-17 02:20 PM
    Latest update the dot is still there...
    08-27-17 09:41 PM
    Must've gotten your update late. All the BB apps were updated to but no change.
    08-27-17 10:23 PM
    Yep, frustrating.
    08-31-17 04:35 PM
    Any idea if this issue is known to the OS team?
    09-05-17 12:50 PM
    DITTO
    09-05-17 12:54 PM
    still hopiing for someone to solve the problem
    09-05-17 04:32 PM
    It's so irritating
    09-05-17 08:41 PM
62 123