I think is as simple as getting browsie or Qbrowser frm bbworld.

Posted via CB10
    For K1???

Posted via CB10
    05-09-17 12:12 PM
    BB10 is not playing YouTube in background anymore via browser. Fast Tube doesn't play YouTube anymore. Am I the only one?

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    05-09-17 12:14 PM
    Pfft, with Firefox you still need to put it in desktop mode, in order for it to work. At least it was like that before I removed it around a week ago. The default Chrome browser works exactly the same, as I described a few comments back:
    tried your suggestion. doesnt work on my phone.
    05-09-17 12:34 PM
    I think is as simple as getting browsie or Qbrowser frm bbworld.

Posted via CB10
    Whether Sony or Xiaomi laying around in the house, they all have their own browser included.

Blackberry software does not provide its own browser. Why not shove Daan some cash and have a Android Browsie with BB10 and pkb functionality?
    05-09-17 12:39 PM
    tried your suggestion. doesnt work on my phone.
    Did you remember to use the playback controls from the top drop-down menu? You start the video in Chrome in desktop mode, but once you put Chrome in the background you need to use the controls from the drop-down menu to continue playback in the background, as I showed in a screen shot a few posts back.
    05-09-17 12:41 PM
    Did you remember to use the playback controls from the top drop-down menu? You start the video in Chrome in desktop mode, but once you put Chrome in the background you need to use the controls from the drop-down menu to continue playback in the background, as I showed in a screen shot a few posts back.
    Yes. To be more precise, restarting it via dropdown works. However once you have been watching for a while again and than anwers the next sms or open another app it just stops again.

Still appreciate the suggestion though.
    05-09-17 01:06 PM
    Yes. To be more precise, restarting it via dropdown works. However once you have been watching for a while again and than anwers the next sms or open another app it just stops again.

Why don't you just use one of the apps?
    05-09-17 01:07 PM
    Why don't you just use one of the apps?
    Why you assume an app exists:-) There is no app. Apart from that, no added value having another app for watching video streams to start with. Just more bloat.
    05-09-17 01:12 PM
    Why you assume an app exists:-) There is no app. Apart from that, no added value having another app for watching video streams to start with. Just more bloat.
    http://ogmods.net
    05-09-17 01:15 PM
    Thanks conite. Its for youtube only though it seems, the issue I mention is with non-youtube streams that suffer from the Chrome based stopping. Did catch the youtube reference way earlier in this thread already, good that one exists.
    05-09-17 01:20 PM

That is strange. It works perfectly for me, switching between apps and turning off the screen and everything. The video keeps playing in the background. Which phone do you use? I'm currently on a Dtek50.

EDIT: Btw, you do of course need to use the drop-down menu to resume the video every time you put the browser in the background... I've tried the alternatives, and this way, although obviously not perfect, is still the easiest, imo. And the best thing is that I don't need to install any additional apps.
    johnsliderbb likes this.
    05-09-17 01:45 PM
    I've got a YouTube Red family account. Basically if you get Google Music for family, YouTube Red is included. Got 6 people / accounts to share with.

It's worth it. Can't go back to the ads skip world. YouTube is the only video consumption service I use, so the cost is justified.
    05-10-17 05:43 AM
    Use the newpipe app. Also gives you the option to download videos and audio as well.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...wpipe&hl=en_GB
    05-10-17 02:16 PM
    Use the newpipe app. Also gives you the option to download videos and audio as well.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...wpipe&hl=en_GB
    Don't use that version its not sanctioned by the original developer ie straight up copied and ads put on it.

https://github.com/TeamNewPipe/NewPipe

WARNING: PUTTING NEWPIPE OR ANY FORK OF IT INTO GOOGLE PLAYSTORE VIOLATES THEIR TERMS OF CONDITIONS.
    05-10-17 02:31 PM
    Don't use that version its not sanctioned by the original developer ie straight up copied and ads put on it.

https://github.com/TeamNewPipe/NewPipe

Ah, I wasn't aware of this. Will be uninstalling and using the proper version.
    05-10-17 02:38 PM
    Duckduckgo video search then minimize
    05-10-17 03:54 PM
    Long press the recent apps button.
    05-12-17 07:20 PM
    Firefox + Video Background Play Fix 1.1 add-on works for me with no need to view in desktop mode.
    05-13-17 03:04 PM
    Use Mega and download this. It's OG YouTube. https://mega.nz/#!GwNExTiB
    05-13-17 03:27 PM
    YouTube Red is a well worth investment for his purpose alone.
    05-13-17 05:44 PM
    YouTube Red is a well worth investment for his purpose alone.
    Yep. Certainly if you listen to a lot of audio from YouTube.
    05-14-17 08:48 AM
    So i installed now Newpipe on my keyone. Very nice app. I can play all videos as background music or popup video. Just have to click on share on the YouTube app and select Newpipe.

Thanks

Another question regarding this. Does anyone know a good app where i can preload the videos an watch them offline? Like supertube or fasttube on bb10
    05-19-17 11:01 AM
97 ... 234