Hi there,

First time poster & brand new Keyone owner!

Had the phone since Thursday - so far its been amazing. Glad to have a BB once again.

Noticed something very strange today: Finger print scanner has issues when case is on the phone.

I have a Ringke Fusion case on my K1. Its great and feels fantastic. I woke up this morning and went to unlock my phone using the scanner - nothing. Once I unplugged the phone from the charger and rested my thumb on the scanner it worked lighting fast as it should with no issues. Went through the rest of my day with no problems.

Had a thought when I got home from work and took the case off my phone plugged it in. Used the scanner no issues. Unplugged it and still no issues. All is good.

When im charging my phone its usually overnight while i'm asleep so this issue does not bother me that much - and also knowing that the device is functioning no problem without the case lifts some weights as well.

Anyone ever hear of something like this? Anyone else having similar issues?
    Comments? Suggestions?

Thanks!
    08-21-17 07:01 PM
    Can you do more tests with the case on? Is it 100% of the time that with the case on, the scanner doesn't work? It almost sounds like a fluke of the orientation of your thumb this morning?
    08-21-17 07:47 PM
    I did quite a few tests today. One that I just found interesting was adding a fingerprint.

I added a fingerprint with case on and not plugged in. Worked no problem and very fast

Adding a fingerprint with case on and plugged in. Worked eventually but very slow and inconsistent. Had to place finger on sensor a lot more.

Adding a fingerprint with no case and plugged in. Worked as it should no problem.

Would it be of interest for me to post a video?
    08-21-17 08:29 PM
    Sorry! to answer your question.

It does work some of the time plugged in/case on 1/15 times.

Just plugged k1 into computer with case on and had no issues.

Very confused.
    08-21-17 08:34 PM