I don't know if it's a bug or just strange coding, but often i can't use double tap to wake when i'm outside.
    When i am inside it works just fine.

It was a cloudy and windy day. Maybe it didn't work because the wind was triggering the proximity sensor? Idk. When i was in a place without wind or with a ceiling above me it worked good. I don't know what exactly the problem is.

So what i discovered is:

If i put my finger on the proximity sensor (maybe same with the wind?) double tap to wake doesn't work.
    And also it works outside when i put my hand or anything else far above the sensor.

Did anyone else experienced it?

I don't think it's a hardware issue, because both my light and my proximity sensors work just fine. Hearing voice messages or calls with the sensor on my ear will turn the screen off, and while typing in dark the keyboard illuminates. So no problems there
    05-24-17 10:49 AM
    Same for me, double tap to wake won't work with covered proximity sensor.
    Which should be fine in most of the cases.
    05-24-17 11:01 AM
    Same for me, double tap to wake won't work with covered proximity sensor.
    Which should be fine in most of the cases.
    The reason behind is that it shouldn't wake up while in pocket or purse.
    xandros9 likes this.
    05-25-17 07:39 AM
    Ehh never noticed it until rea this thread but my priv never has problem double tap in outside area though
    05-27-17 08:00 AM
    Maybe the sensor is just too sensitive
    05-27-17 09:28 AM
    Umm, so what's the problem?

Dt2w is supposed to fail if the proximity sensor is covered. That's so if it's in a bag or your pants, it won't wake up by accident.
    05-27-17 10:23 AM
    Umm, so what's the problem?

Dt2w is supposed to fail if the proximity sensor is covered. That's so if it's in a bag or your pants, it won't wake up by accident.
    The problem is that it often doesn't work when i'm outside. For example when it's windy
    05-27-17 12:52 PM
    The problem is that it often doesn't work when i'm outside. For example when it's windy
    Today's touch screen phones are heat sensetive no? If you're outside in the breeze your hands will be kinda dry n cool. Maybe the screen won't feel the taps?

Know what I mean?
    05-27-17 12:59 PM
    Today's touch screen phones are heat sensetive no? If you're outside in the breeze your hands will be kinda dry n cool. Maybe the screen won't feel the taps?

Know what I mean?
    Nah, can't be that, or else those rubber-tipped styli wouldn't work.

But I'm still at a loss what could be happening.

(I do know that disabling DTtW when the proximity sensor is covered is standard procedure on Windows Phone as well)
    05-28-17 12:28 PM
    Ok i think it's the light sensor. Everytime i am in the sun it rarely works. When i'm in the shadow it works just fine. Strange coding with the light sensor. Because otherwise it works just fine
    05-29-17 07:14 AM
    The funny thing is, under my desk lamp it works. Testing the device before release probably was never done outside, only in the laboratory
    05-29-17 02:55 PM
    The phone isn't locked when the double tap fails?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-17 03:40 PM
    It is. I lock it by double tap to sleep or the power button. But no difference there
    05-29-17 04:07 PM
    I don't use double tap to wake anymore. I just use the fingerprint scanner. And occasionally the power button.
    But I can't seem to get it not to work when trying to find your problem.
    05-29-17 05:22 PM
    I don't use double tap to wake anymore. I just use the fingerprint scanner. And occasionally the power button.
    But I can't seem to get it not to work when trying to find your problem.
    So it works for you in bright sunlight?
    05-30-17 12:59 AM
    Mine is working in bright direct sunlight outside.
    Had no chance to test in windy weather yet.
    05-30-17 01:05 AM
    Thats weird. Then i don't know what the problem is. But sending in because of that would be kinda annoying since everything else works. And i would have to wait for the next charge
    05-30-17 01:32 AM
    Mine is working in bright direct sunlight outside.
    Had no chance to test in windy weather yet.
    Try with a hair dryer on cold setting?

Posted via CB10
    05-30-17 04:29 AM
    Stopped working for me as well.
    06-01-17 10:23 AM
    Ok I got my keyone back after sending it in. They say it's okay and it meets the manufacturer criteria. So sensors are ok

Sent from my  BlackBerry Passport™
    06-09-17 08:57 AM
    this is something i noticed as well.. I would be walking to my car for my lunch hour at work and double tap would not work... only if I activated the fingerprint sensor would it wake up..

I don't remember the weather conditions exactly, but it was very sunny and bright in at least one of the instances. This has happened a handful of times already..
    06-09-17 12:09 PM
    The funny thing is, under my desk lamp it works.
    Your desk lamp is some 100 times darker than the sun, no surprise there :-)

I'm also curious what this is about. It can hardly be a protection against waking your phone accidentally while carrying it in your pocket. After all in your pocket it's dark and not windy, so kind of the opposite conditions..
    07-27-17 03:15 PM
    It has happened enough now that i can confirm that double tap to wake does NOT work when I walk outside during the day time, even when i'm sitting in my car, out of direct sunlight. Wind is not a factor in my case.
    07-28-17 12:51 PM
    I've noticed the same problem when in sunshine
    07-28-17 01:25 PM
    Was having similar issue. Read plenty of threads on it. Has everything to do with the sensor. Try holding your hand/fingers about an inch and a half over the sensor, while using your thumb to double tap. Now works 100% of the time for me. Good luck
    jgreenholtz likes this.
    08-01-17 10:14 PM
26 12