May seem trivial, BUT from a shortcut perspective can you assign the convenience key or keyboard key to switch between Ring/Vibrate. You know like the BBOS devices you could hold q/# and place on Vibrate. Certainly not a deal breaker but dislike using the volume rockers or a pull down menu for something so simple and needs to be done quickly in some instances. Thanks!
    05-08-17 03:10 PM
    May seem trivial, BUT from a shortcut perspective can you assign the convenience key or keyboard key to switch between Ring/Vibrate. You know like the BBOS devices you could hold q/# and place on Vibrate. Certainly not a deal breaker but dislike using the volume rockers or a pull down menu for something so simple and needs to be done quickly in some instances. Thanks!
    What you suggested actually works.

You can set a long press on any key to control the ringtone volume. It will jump from ring, vibrate, silence.

You can even set it to the Q key if you want that warm, fuzzy, old school feeling.

You can set a long press on any key to control the ringtone volume. It will jump from ring, vibrate, silence.

You can even set it to the Q key if you want that warm, fuzzy, old school feeling.
    pkcable likes this.
    05-08-17 03:24 PM

Sweet thx! Like what else would I set the "q" for. Usually use the keys as speed dials only but will play around with KEYᵒⁿᵉ settings once I have it, but yeah that "q" button is mos def gonna change profiles now that I know it can.
    BlackBerry Mobile likes this.
    05-08-17 03:50 PM
    HOT DAMN that's clever! That's going to be one of the first things I do, when I get mine!
    anon(10101748) likes this.
    05-09-17 11:42 AM
    HOT DAMN that's clever! That's going to be one of the first things I do, when I get mine!
    The first thing I'll do is prob fall to my knees and just shake my head saying, "Finally...."
    05-09-17 10:57 PM
    The first thing I'll do is prob fall to my knees and just shake my head saying, "Finally...."
    I have actually got Q for profile switching and convenience key for Media mute (very effective when a video/music starts playing)

Also, use N for notification tray. I got the shortcut action, using Nova actions. They work fine with BlackBerry Launch 👍
    05-10-17 05:34 AM
    I did this but the thing that annoys me is that the level of the ringtone doesn't revert back. It just switches to the lowest volume. Have you guys found a workaround for this?
    05-11-17 01:59 PM
    I did this but the thing that annoys me is that the level of the ringtone doesn't revert back. It just switches to the lowest volume. Have you guys found a workaround for this?
    I am also in the Same Boat.
    05-12-17 01:57 PM
    I am also in the Same Boat.
    Yup kind of annoying, but nowhere near a deal breaker.
    05-12-17 02:30 PM
    Yeah there is, but it's kind of pointless. Volume key is really fast and there's also a flip phone to mute option
    05-12-17 06:34 PM
    Yeah there is, but it's kind of pointless. Volume key is really fast and there's also a flip phone to mute option
    Plan on remapping the volume keys to control music and media instead, like long press to skip or go back...
    05-12-17 09:02 PM
    Also, use N for notification tray. I got the shortcut action, using Nova actions. They work fine with BlackBerry Launch ������
    Can you explain please?
    If you use Nova how does the Blackberry Launcher work?
    Only one launcher can be active at a given time.

[EDIT]
    Never mind. Figured it out myself.
    Just install Nova, and the actions are there when you assign the shortcuts in Blackberry Launcher.
    05-16-17 08:31 AM