..if BlackBerry Mobile / TCL just mentioned the specifications without details like SD625..

I mean, Apple is doing the same with its Computers. On a PC specification sheet, we could read the type of the processor. On a Mac, we would just know i5/7 Dual/Quad 1.7/2.1 GHz. With the same logic, TCL could mention just Snapdragon OctaCore 2 Ghz.

Just want to know your opinions.
    03-11-17 06:07 AM
    Doesn't matter now, because they have already mentioned the specifications. Plus no point comparing Apple and Android OEMs. Different ball game altogether. Android majorly is all about specs, unfortunately and understandably.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-17 07:10 AM
    It would not matter as most buyers have no clue what the specs are or even mean.. Sure the geeks do but they are a very small % of the actual market.

To go even further, of the geek in-the-know spec crowd you can cut that % down even further because not all geeks are spec warriors.. People who buy based on specs alone will not be interested in this phone and trying to hide the specs is not going to work on that crowd anyways..
    03-11-17 07:48 AM
    Android majorly is all about specs, unfortunately and understandably.
    Very true. I've owned devices with iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry Os (7 & 10) and Android and specs are more important on Android than on the other Os, so I will never buy an Android device without knowing which processor and how many RAM does it have. I did once with a device that looked OK only to realize that it's Mediatek CPU was rubbish. Never again.
    03-11-17 08:02 AM