So, does AT&T still have that policy that their phones have to have wireless charging?? I'm wondering because if they are marketing the Mercury to carriers, in theory that would mean they would have to have a version with wireless charging for AT&T right? I freakin' hope so, needing two hands to meticulously plug and unplug a wire into my phone every time I put it on charge or take it off charge just seems so barbaric now that I've been using wireless charging, lol.

But in all seriousness, it's a great feature because it saves your usb port. The usb port in my Classic feels brand new, not loose at all. Can't say the same for any other phone after this long of use...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-05-17 11:21 PM
    That's a rather loose policy. Loose enough I wouldn't count on it lol. That majority of their current phone lineup doesn't even have wireless charging.
    01-05-17 11:25 PM
    So, does AT&T still have that policy that their phones have to have wireless charging?? I'm wondering because if they are marketing the Mercury to carriers, in theory that would mean they would have to have a version with wireless charging for AT&T right? I freakin' hope so, needing two hands to meticulously plug and unplug a wire into my phone every time I put it on charge or take it off charge just seems so barbaric now that I've been using wireless charging, lol.

But in all seriousness, it's a great feature because it saves your usb port. The usb port in my Classic feels brand new, not loose at all. Can't say the same for any other phone after this long of use...

When did this policy begin? AT&T almost exclusively sells phone without wireless charging in the US. They sell iPhones without wireless charging. They had an exclusive model of the Passport in the US without wireless charging and the Classic didn't have wireless charging. Sorry, maybe I misunderstood the question?
    01-05-17 11:26 PM
    +1000

I'm getting awfully jealous of my wife's Galaxy S7 and her wireless charging dock on her night stand. Hoping they throw in wireless charging, but I suppose the silver lining is, at least it is USB-C, to cut down on the fumbling.
    01-05-17 11:29 PM
    When did this policy begin? AT&T almost exclusively sells phone without wireless charging in the US. They sell iPhones without wireless charging. They had an exclusive model of the Passport in the US without wireless charging and the Classic didn't have wireless charging. Sorry, maybe I misunderstood the question?
    Back in 2014.

"In an effort to move towards making this a reality for consumers worldwide and in direct support for the public ecosystem rollout led by Powermat, we have asked our device suppliers to provide integrated wireless charging solutions by 2014,"
    But it was never really for 'wireless charging' it was more for 'instead of Qi you must offer PMA or both'
    01-05-17 11:34 PM
    That's a rather loose policy. Loose enough I wouldn't count on it lol. That majority of their current phone lineup doesn't even have wireless charging.
    :'(

01-05-17 11:43 PM
    Actually the AT&T versions of the Passport and Classic did have wireless charging. That's what I'm using now, an AT&T Classic and I have a Qi wireless charging stand by my bedside I use every night. Literally when I'm about to sleep, set the phone down. When I wake up, grab the phone, simple as that, all with one hand.

01-05-17 11:46 PM
    Actually the AT&T versions of the Passport and Classic did have wireless charging. That's what I'm using now, an AT&T Classic and I have a Qi wireless charging stand by my bedside I use every night. Literally when I'm about to sleep, set the phone down. When I wake up, grab the phone, simple as that, all with one hand.

Then I stand corrected. I've been wrong before. Won't be the last time. Trying to remember the last time I was right?
    01-07-17 05:53 PM
    I'm not in the US so I'm not aware of the carrier technology there. But why is that AT&T is the only who supports wireless charging (I just assume this). I mean, I'm reading that they have special version of phones that have wireless charging, and the other carriers don't have these versions.

Why is that? Isn't wireless charging a hardware technology and should be carrier independent?

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 08:26 PM
    01-07-17 08:39 PM
    I'm not in the US so I'm not aware of the carrier technology there. But why is that AT&T is the only who supports wireless charging (I just assume this). I mean, I'm reading that they have special version of phones that have wireless charging, and the other carriers don't have these versions.

Why is that? Isn't wireless charging a hardware technology and should be carrier independent?

Posted via CB10
    It's not that AT&T is the only one who supports it, it's that they have a kind of loose policy where they would like for the manufactures of phones to include that feature if they want to sell through AT&T.

01-07-17 09:39 PM
    No wireless charging according to this: http://crackberry.com/blackberry-mer...&utm_source=cb
    What a shame, guess we don't mind taking steps backwards as long as we have "cool" features like "give us your biometric data!" and "let me take a selfie!" Maybe in the future we would move forward from the whole constant plugging and unplugging of our phones just to charge them...

01-07-17 09:42 PM