I wonder if this new Keyone phone will have this wireless charge system like i use with my PRIV always here at my office with this NOKIA charging base, it works fine and i'd like to have this option because i want to "upgrade" to the KEYONE, but i know there are some PRIVS which does not support wireless charging. I guess it depends of the market area..., in Keyone i have not found any information about it. Anybody knows???.
    02-27-17 02:58 PM
    Haven't noticed it either... but could be one of those features that changes depending upon carrier.

And we haven't really seen a production model.
    02-27-17 03:07 PM
    The specs say wireless charging version 3.0. It did not say it was depended on the carrier.
    02-27-17 04:55 PM
    The specs say wireless charging version 3.0. It did not say it was depended on the carrier.
    Think it says quick charge 3.0?

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Barbareren likes this.
    02-27-17 06:07 PM
    I asked this question to Bruce Walpole (GM of BB Mobile) at the launch, the simple answer is, no it does not have wireless charging. That would have been a huge feature for me but he explained it to was due to RF interference caused but the charging coil. He said they had experimented with it, but it was causing issues with the other antennas in the device.
    Barbareren and Taigatrommel like this.
    02-27-17 06:31 PM
    I asked this question to Bruce Walpole (GM of BB Mobile) at the launch, the simple answer is, no it does not have wireless charging. That would have been a huge feature for me but he explained it to was due to RF interference caused but the charging coil. He said they had experimented with it, but it was causing issues with the other antennas in the device.
    Yah, that sucks. The need to use two hands to plug and unplug this device everyday will feel absolutely barbaric now that I'm so used to simply setting my phone down before I go to sleep and waking up with a fully charged phone which I can quickly grab with one hand while doing something else...
    ariandax likes this.
    02-27-17 07:54 PM
    Yah, that sucks. The need to use two hands to plug and unplug this device everyday will feel absolutely barbaric now that I'm so used to simply setting my phone down before I go to sleep and waking up with a fully charged phone which I can quickly grab with one hand while doing something else...
    This used to work for my PRIV on a Tilt charger but now I wake up and it's only at 70% having stopped charging when at 100% around 1am and then slowly discharging until I get up at 6:30am. Anyone know what's happening?

If I switch off the phone and put on charger it's stays at 100%
    03-09-17 07:58 PM
    You would be able to get a qi wireless receiver USB type c, that will enable the wireless charging. Just drop a case on the back.
    03-09-17 08:27 PM
    Now, just to totally stir the pot, and cross post.... I thought that the only US carrier that consistently had wireless charging on BlackBerry phones was Verizon..... hmmm
    03-09-17 08:32 PM
    Now, just to totally stir the pot, and cross post.... I thought that the only US carrier that consistently had wireless charging on BlackBerry phones was Verizon..... hmmm
    I've never been able to get wireless charging to work on my VZW Priv. Not sure what I'm doing wring and I've tried 2 different wireless chargers.
    03-09-17 09:14 PM
    I've never been able to get wireless charging to work on my VZW Priv. Not sure what I'm doing wring and I've tried 2 different wireless chargers.
    I have read ( but not experience it first hand, as I have a non Qi charge device) that the PRIV is very finicky to landmark to charge.
    03-09-17 09:18 PM
    The coil inside is towards the bottom right corner if looking at the back. Stupid design. You have to place it just right.
    03-09-17 09:57 PM
    This used to work for my PRIV on a Tilt charger but now I wake up and it's only at 70% having stopped charging when at 100% around 1am and then slowly discharging until I get up at 6:30am. Anyone know what's happening?

If I switch off the phone and put on charger it's stays at 100%
    That's odd. Do you happen to have another qi charger to test it on to see if maybe the Tylt is defective? I have an imitation Tylt, some other brand qi that is basically the same but much cheaper, and it still works fine...
    03-10-17 12:09 AM
    My PRIV is STV100-1 and charges perfectly on my Nokia wireless base.
    03-10-17 12:16 AM
    Quick Charge 3 is better than wireless charge when you think about it
    03-10-17 12:46 AM
    That's odd. Do you happen to have another qi charger to test it on to see if maybe the Tylt is defective? I have an imitation Tylt, some other brand qi that is basically the same but much cheaper, and it still works fine...
    Thanks for the idea, I do have another Tilt that I can swap.
    As a second test, I do have the PRIV in a case so I will remove it while charging. It's possible the phone is automatically stopping to charge if it gets too hot.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    03-10-17 08:40 AM
    I have the Verizon Priv in a Seido Surface case and use the Tylt VU wireless charger. Works fine, albeit slow. I use it overnight without any issues.
    03-10-17 09:36 AM
    You would be able to get a qi wireless receiver USB type c, that will enable the wireless charging. Just drop a case on the back.
    Something like that?
    http://images.google.it/imgres?imgur...source=sh/x/im

Are you serious?
    03-10-17 12:22 PM
    Something like that?
    Avviso di reindirizzamento

Are you serious?
    Yeah the only downside is that you have to unplug the receiver every time you wanna charge using it. In my house I have a lot of wireless charging pads so its not an issue.
    03-10-17 12:28 PM
    Yeah the only downside is that you have to unplug the receiver every time you wanna charge using it. In my house I have a lot of wireless charging pads so its not an issue.
    I use one on my other android phone and it's a lot slower. Convenience vs speed.... Especially since the KeyOne will have QC3.0.
    03-10-17 12:59 PM
    Yeah the only downside is...
    Other one is that you have to use a case to cover the receiver...i dont want to cover my lovely k1
    03-10-17 02:28 PM
    Thanks for the idea, I do have another Tilt that I can swap.
    As a second test, I do have the PRIV in a case so I will remove it while charging. It's possible the phone is automatically stopping to charge if it gets too hot.
    I did try the 2nd Tylt and it worked. I then played around a bit with both and figured out that if you raise the PRIV about 1/4 inch (small piece of foam with double sided tape) it seems to charge faster and no longer gets warm. I suspect the induction coils are now better aligned.
    03-12-17 09:06 AM
    I did try the 2nd Tylt and it worked. I then played around a bit with both and figured out that if you raise the PRIV about 1/4 inch (small piece of foam with double sided tape) it seems to charge faster and no longer gets warm. I suspect the induction coils are now better aligned.
    Ah ok, at least you figured it out. :-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    tmurphx5 likes this.
    03-12-17 09:23 AM
    I can attest to the same issue when I had my VZW Priv and tried to use my Tylt charger. Only became a problem later on, initially worked just fine.
    03-12-17 10:17 AM