I can see a couple of holes there at the top apart from the camera, one will hold the proximity sensor and light sensor. Will this device have the LED notification light? I had that on every BlackBerry I have owned and it was extremely useful for me (paired with BeBuzz) and it would be really disappointing to lack that feature since i'm planning to buy this upcoming device.

Posted from BlackBerry Passport SE.
    01-30-17 09:24 AM
    I think the answer to your question is "highly likely" (we will know for sure on 2/25.) A related question, the answer to which is still unknown, is will the LED be RBG, or monochromatic?
    01-30-17 09:29 AM
    it will have LED and I will assume its RGB
    01-30-17 09:30 AM
    In another thread someone reported seeing a BlackBerry employee with a Mercury, and the tiny hole on the right side showed a white flashing LED.
    01-30-17 09:56 AM
    In another thread someone reported seeing a BlackBerry employee with a Mercury, and the tiny hole on the right side showed a white flashing LED.
    I'm just going to point out that a multicoloured LED is still capable of producing a white flash. Also, the 'someone said they saw something' evidence is hardly convincing. Until there is some actual proof that can be shown to everyone one way or the other, it doesn't really matter what's being 'said'. While I'm not ruling anything out, I'm also not going to rule anything out.
    01-30-17 10:02 AM
    I'm hoping for RBG but white would be better than nothing. I keep my phone on silent non stop so the LED light is crucial.

01-30-17 10:04 AM
    I'm hoping for RBG but white would be better than nothing. I keep my phone on silent non stop so the LED light is crucial.

I agree. I'd be disappointed if it wasn't rgb, but the fact of it having one at all is the only crucial thing for me.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-30-17 10:27 AM
    It wouldn't be a Blackberry if it didn't.
    01-30-17 11:12 AM
    Just to clarify for some who are posting an RGB is a multicolored notification light that allows for many colors for text, email where the DTEK series so far has had only a red or white light which is a step back on functionality from the priv and many modern phones from even years ago.

This is why there is speculation and so comments like "it wouldn't be a BlackBerry without" don't make sense.

I will have to decide as I like these functions and going back to years ago due to lazy cheap decisions isn't something I really want to so let's hope they don't mess it up; put an RGB led on it.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-17 11:45 AM