using K1 for a 3 weeks now and still unhappy, i migrated from Q10 and missing many good things:

- no HDMI, i cannot use my phone for video player anymore

- new Blackberry Hub is just stupid application, nothing more, really missing old-good-hub

- ridiculous led indicator, only blue (light or very light), red and green

- why system cannot switch to 4G if there is no internet on wifi?

- ugly phone application, very uncomfortable to make a call, check call history, dial other number in call etc. etc.

- not possible to set notification volume for every application

- vibration mode very very light, almost nothing

- tiles on the top of screen very strange, i cannot access to my mobile setting easy, i cannot see wifi network name easy, i cannot go to alarm setting etc.

May be more points, but in total it's looking like degradation, I really need many good functions from Blackberry 10 OS, but don't have in on Nougat.....
    Sallem, VictorRight and rayporsche like this.
    06-22-17 01:16 PM
    You are simply not used to Android. Don't worry, it will come and you will wonder how you ever got along without it.
    06-22-17 01:20 PM
    Sounds more like you hate android. Maybe someone will help you with those things you don't like and haven't found a way.
    terminatorx, skinnymike1 and ck2nb like this.
    06-22-17 01:20 PM
    BTW, just get a cheap Chromecast dongle and you can cast. No messy wires.
    terminatorx and ck2nb like this.
    06-22-17 01:21 PM
    You are simply not used to Android. Don't worry, it will come and you will wonder how you ever got along without it.
    Agreed! There's a bit of an adaptation period to get use to android and how it operates! BBOS used alot of swip flick and drag effects which android does not have! The BB suite really comes close but it's still a learning curve! It took me a few days to get use to the steps to access information and I'm a seasoned BB user!
    06-22-17 02:12 PM
    Hello,

Yes ... liking or disliking Android is the big question.

Kr,
    Moo
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    06-22-17 02:45 PM

Um no? It does yellow, white, pink, cyan and purple too. I just tested it out using a LED manager from Google Play. See for yourself.....

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...o.lightmanager

Also, get a TypeC to HDMI off Amazon.
    skinnymike1 and MTBBguy like this.
    06-22-17 02:47 PM
    agree with the Hub and phone app point. the phone app is a disgrace
    Flatman and anon(3072139) like this.
    06-22-17 02:53 PM
    So download a new phone app. The phone app isn't exclusive to the K1. K1 is using the stock Android one.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    06-22-17 02:55 PM
    Who uses the phone App? Use Google Assist or go directly from contacts.
    06-22-17 02:57 PM
    Monopolies do not concern you.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    06-22-17 03:15 PM
    using K1 for a 3 weeks now and still unhappy, i migrated from Q10 and missing many good things:

- no HDMI, i cannot use my phone for video player anymore

- new Blackberry Hub is just stupid application, nothing more, really missing old-good-hub

- why system cannot switch to 4G if there is no internet on wifi?

- ugly phone application, very uncomfortable to make a call, check call history, dial other number in call etc. etc.

- not possible to set notification volume for every application

- vibration mode very very light, almost nothing

- tiles on the top of screen very strange, i cannot access to my mobile setting easy, i cannot see wifi network name easy, i cannot go to alarm setting etc.

May be more points, but in total it's looking like degradation, I really need many good functions from Blackberry 10 OS, but don't have in on Nougat.....
    06-22-17 03:18 PM
    OP - all of us BlackBerry users have found one or more things about Android that come short. Look at it this way, at least with the KEYone you have a slightly more modern implementation of a BlackBerry with keyboard. It's got tons of apps, and it's not as bad as you are overstating things.

Regarding HDMI, are you really going to hook up a smartphone to your big screen and use it as a video player? Many new TVs come with Chromecast built in, or you could just buy one and cast any video easily. It's pretty much a non-issue.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    06-22-17 03:22 PM
    Monopolies do not concern you.
    That has absolutely nothing to do with anything here.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-22-17 03:23 PM
    Spend more time with it and learn how to tweak Android.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    06-22-17 03:46 PM
    Spend more time with it and learn how to tweak Android.
    Exactly.
    06-22-17 03:50 PM
    Apps are the solutions of 99% of your whines.
    06-22-17 03:53 PM
    Who uses the phone App? Use Google Assist or go directly from contacts.
    Most people probably use the phone app.
    Especially BlackBerry users since phone calls and messaging have always been what these phones are best at.

The BlackBerry 10 homescreen had the phone icon always present in the lower left corner, so those of us coming from BlackBerry 10 probably left the phone icon on our KEYones where it is by default.

Even on my iPhone, the phone application is basic but functional. What I hope they implement on the BlackBerry android phone app, is having the app open to whichever tab you had open last (favorites, recent, contacts) the way iPhone has it.
    06-22-17 04:02 PM
    BB10 was so nice to use and so intuitive. But times have moved on and there is a choice between two systems ios and android. I am just very happy that a great company called BlackBerry is resurgent once more
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    06-22-17 04:45 PM
    The best thing I like with the K1 is that it runs all the apps that I wish I could have on my Classic. I like the form factor and the camera is a big improvement. I really miss a proper Hub implementation though. Having it as just another app is a downer. You just don't have ready access to it with the peek and swipe that's so familiar. It's a good phone and it does more things, but I really don't think it does things more efficiently.
    One thing I'm annoyed with, is when you check a text message from the hub and then press the back button it returns you to the messages app, and not the hub. So you have to go back to the home screen and open the hub again. You don't have to do it with email or bbm. Just have to get used to things I guess.
    06-22-17 04:55 PM
    One thing I'm annoyed with, is when you check a text message from the hub and then press the back button it returns you to the messages app, and not the hub. So you have to go back to the home screen and open the hub again. You don't have to do it with email or bbm. Just have to get used to things I guess.
    This is a good example of getting used to a new device.

If you use Yaata SMS, you can go back to the HUB without creating an instance of the SMS App. Some others can do this as well.
    06-22-17 05:03 PM
    The best thing I like with the K1 is that it runs all the apps that I wish I could have on my Classic. I like the form factor and the camera is a big improvement. I really miss a proper Hub implementation though. Having it as just another app is a downer. You just don't have ready access to it with the peek and swipe that's so familiar. It's a good phone and it does more things, but I really don't think it does things more efficiently.
    Use Yaata or Textra as your SMS app instead and you won't have this problem.
    Sarek1701 likes this.
    06-22-17 05:21 PM
    Um no? It does yellow, white, pink, cyan and purple too. I just tested it out using a LED manager from Google Play. See for yourself.....

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...o.lightmanager

Also, get a TypeC to HDMI off Amazon.
    Hello,

lightmanager seems to be a good solutions but ...
    ads ... ads ... ads ... ads ... ads ... ads ... ads ... ads ... ads ... ads

Everybody find this pollution normal ?
    skinnymike1 and AL8x B like this.
    06-22-17 05:45 PM
    A lot of apps have ads unless you buy it. Most are a reasonable price.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 06-22-17 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Apps
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    06-22-17 05:58 PM
    A lot of apps have ads unless you buy it. Most are a reasonable price.
    But that's kind of the crappy thing about relying on apps to do core functions of the phone. Sure one app isn't usually super expensive, but when you have to buy like 20 of them to get your phone the way you want it, it adds up. But in the end, I'm happy just to have the ability to customize things. Still waiting for someone to figure out how to make notification sounds go to the phone instead of the speaker when connected via bluetooth...
    kbz1960 and DB911 like this.
    06-22-17 06:08 PM
137 123 ...