Having smashed both Android and iPhone screens in the past, this is a pretty big concern for me.

I currently use a BlackBerry Classic - caseless - and it's solid as a rock. Makes holding an iPhone Plus feel like a strong enough breeze would crack the screen.

If I do get a Mercury I'll definitely get a case but honestly, using a Classic has put me off large-screened phones altogether. Would LOVE Classic or Q10 form with good camera. Know Android apps don't play nice with that screen shape and it's never going to happen but still can't help wanting it.

Posted via CB10
    ominaxe likes this.
    02-18-17 03:36 PM
    Hopefully BB Mobile will have similar thin hard shell cases for the Merc similar to what BB offered in years past for most devices.
    02-18-17 03:41 PM
    I am a case hoarder. I always have 5+ cases for every phone and always use a glass screen protector.

So for the Mercury, I will 100% get a glass screen protector and the thinnest clear/smoke case I can find and/or a holster of some sort.

I don't know why, but for some reason I've always preferred my PKB BlackBerrys naked with a OEM (or PDair) sleeve. I do think this time will be any different.

I've never dropped or scratched a phone in anyway. I'm very particular and very careful with all my devices. I think I just jinxed my Priv lol!
    02-18-17 06:05 PM
    I usually get cases to avoid pocket dialing I find for some reason, some of my pockets activate the screen and then making phone calls, happened to my passport, and priv, never tried the dtek60 without a case.
    02-18-17 07:59 PM
    I'm paranoid about protecting my phone so if they have an Otterbox or Bodyglove case I will definitely be jumping on it. Plus I like the industrial look of my phones with a case.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-17 08:10 PM
    I like to operate my phones without a case but have a leather slip case to put it in after use, it would be nice if the Mercury had a genuine leather slip case available.
    pnmaal likes this.
    02-19-17 03:49 AM
31 12