I really starting to want this thing. But I'm still madly in love with my Priv
    Since I have 2 phones, I work and one private I was thinking about leaving apple and get the priv as my personal phone and the keyone as my work phone...

Haven't been in the android world much but only concern is how it syncs with my MacBook Pro..
    02-27-17 02:44 PM
    Well I think I will be getting one at some point in the near future. I really like the look of it, but the price is just a bit too high at the moment.
    02-27-17 02:50 PM
    I'm definitely getting it, it was between waiting on the keyone and the note 8. The keyone has won me over though. Can't wait for Rogers to stock it. I wish it was $449 us, but I'll settle for $549
    02-27-17 02:50 PM
    I'm definitely in for one

#whatisclassic
    02-27-17 02:51 PM
    Me! I'm going to get the K1
    02-27-17 02:59 PM
    As soon as it is avaiilable on my Employee Purchase Program, and I have the CAD saved up, I will purchase. I have been conditioning SWMBO (she who must be obeyed) to this happening.....
    I normally refer to her as "my Lovely Bride", but your description ROCKS, Dude!
    (Is it culturally acceptable for a Canadian to use a Californian surfer term?)

I do, however, tell people that as a married man I live in abject terror, so I'm still kinda on-board with your description.
    jakie55 likes this.
    02-27-17 03:09 PM
    I will be asap for my wife to replace her BlackBerry Classic.
    02-27-17 03:17 PM
    Once my trusty Z10 dies.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 03:18 PM
    Can't wait to get one. Been waiting for a pkb BlackBerry android that wasn't a slider

Posted via CB10
    mggustavsson likes this.
    02-27-17 03:19 PM
    My broken screen, laggy but still useful Z30 lived so long. Time to move.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 03:26 PM
    Do we have a choice?

That is a serious question. If you NEED to have the ability to read and write large amounts of e-mail a day, the keyboard is not essential, but nearly so.

BB 10 is going away. Maybe not this year, but soon. As it is, my Classic is not supported any longer. So it is simply a matter of time before I have to go to another phone. The choices are apple and android.

The KEYone, seems to meld BB 10 with Android in a decently functional way. It has a hardware configuration which will work for me. Slab phones do not.

So, it now appears that the only viable alternative to my aging classic, is the KEYone.

I ask again, do I have a real choice?
    pooyam likes this.
    02-27-17 03:29 PM
    Will get one soon as Bell puts it out for pre-orders

Posted via CB10
    jakie55 likes this.
    02-27-17 03:38 PM
    I probarly will but the price. Maybe keep my passport

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 03:43 PM
    I'm definitely going to be getting the K1 coming from a Passport SE which used to be my daily driver until about 6 months ago when certain news and banking app functionality started breaking as the apps were updated past the Passport's Android runtime environment.

I then switched to an LG V10 fully stocked with Cobalt's hacked BlackBerry Hub+ suite of apps on it and it was great to have LG's UI with the Hub, VKB, and the other BlackBerry apps. Take it from someone who loves BB10 that Android has enough customization in it so that you can interact with your device however you see fit. There are minor things that are done better in BB10, but nothing that can't be lived without.

I am more than pleased with the specs on the K1. Honestly, my only apprehension towards a day one purchase is that I hope we're not met a few months later with a superior-specced version of this phone ala DTEK 60.

P.S. For an awesome gesture based control experience look for an app called LMT. It's not in the Google Play Store, but it's worth the hunt from less trusted sources.

Posted via CB10
    jakie55 likes this.
    02-27-17 04:01 PM
    Honestly, my only apprehension towards a day one purchase is that I hope we're not met a few months later with a superior-specced version of this phone ala DTEK 60.
    And I can't wait for that to happen. But I think sales of this device may impact their decision to make another, and I really need an upgrade from my classic right now (not in a year). So yeah, will buy realizing this may end up being a big $ pit.
    02-27-17 04:19 PM
    I would like to test the physical keyboard first, but it seems like the replacement to my PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.2205

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 04:23 PM
    I normally refer to her as "my Lovely Bride", but your description ROCKS, Dude!
    (Is it culturally acceptable for a Canadian to use a Californian surfer term?)

I do, however, tell people that as a married man I live in abject terror, so I'm still kinda on-board with your description.
    Yanno...... happy wife.....happy life
    02-27-17 04:24 PM
    Do we have a choice?

That is a serious question. If you NEED to have the ability to read and write large amounts of e-mail a day, the keyboard is not essential, but nearly so.

BB 10 is going away. Maybe not this year, but soon. As it is, my Classic is not supported any longer. So it is simply a matter of time before I have to go to another phone. The choices are apple and android.

The KEYone, seems to meld BB 10 with Android in a decently functional way. It has a hardware configuration which will work for me. Slab phones do not.

So, it now appears that the only viable alternative to my aging classic, is the KEYone.

I ask again, do I have a real choice?
    For a PKB lover, the KEYone is probably your best choice. I moved from a Classic to a PRIV and have adapted to the PRIV's keyboard, but it's not as good as the Classic's. Still very usable / livable, but not quite there.

Kinda like moving from Montreal to Toronto and having to go to a Leaf's game instead of a Montreal game - yeah, it's still NHL hockey, but it's just NOT the same ...
    jakie55 likes this.
    02-27-17 04:32 PM
    I will directly after release. My Classic is becoming slower every day.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 04:36 PM
    I am buying one as soon as the preorders for the GSM factory unlocked model becomes available on the Blackberry website.
    02-27-17 04:48 PM
    Ordered mine 12 hours ago.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 06:05 PM
    I am definitely going to buy one. I felt that $499USD would have been the perfect price, but $50 isn't going to break my back. :-)
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    02-27-17 07:12 PM
    I am 100 percent getting the day it comes out, very excited for it. I love my Priv but miss my old passport and bold, those keyboards were beautiful and the Priv's just isn't as good
    02-27-17 07:17 PM
    Most likely, but only around July when my contract expires.
    02-27-17 07:19 PM
    When (if) it hits Verizon I'm in.
    This^^^^
    02-27-17 11:29 PM
137 1234 ...