If i could like this 20 times I would!
    02-24-16 09:30 AM
    Plus the PRIV was going to be a Flagship.... The Vienna is a midgrade phone, there just is no reason to announce it until they are ready to release it... and I think that would be later this year (if at all).
    Good point. If all they have is a single mid-range smartphone then they may have decided to forego a hardware announcement. Standing up there and saying "We have just one phone to show you, today, that most of you wouldn't buy" probably would look anemic. The last thing you want is the technology press mumbling as they leave the room "Is that all there is? They must be on their way out of hardware business."

They are probably just not bringing anything interesting to hardware this year.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-24-16 10:20 AM
    Yet another pull from behind, baseless, optimistic guess: maybe they DID learn something not to show the phone when it's not close to being ready, maybe they learned from the Priv launch?
    Let's keep in mind that John Chen did say there would be something coming out this year, and maybe even 2 devices. As careful as he is to make statements, he did make a statement about that in an interview. I do not have the link here but you can find it by searching for it. My take is that if we do not hear anything at the MWC they decided MWC is not the time and place to announce it. Chen has not withdrawn what he said, so I am optimistic that there will be a Vienna. I am a Priv owner and want to see BB continue to come out with more devices.
    02-24-16 02:16 PM
    Let's keep in mind that John Chen did say there would be something coming out this year, and maybe even 2 devices. As careful as he is to make statements, he did make a statement about that in an interview. I do not have the link here but you can find it by searching for it. My take is that if we do not hear anything at the MWC they decided MWC is not the time and place to announce it. Chen has not withdrawn what he said, so I am optimistic that there will be a Vienna. I am a Priv owner and want to see BB continue to come out with more devices.
    Chen also said that T-Mobile would release the Passport and that never happened.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-24-16 02:37 PM
    Hey, let's all wait around deciding which new device to buy until BlackBerry makes NOTHING! Now go buy a f#####g PRIV already.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-16 03:04 PM
    He did a phone interview with CNET... no direct quote just that

The Waterloo, Ontario-based company plans to release one new product, and potentially a second phone, in 2016. Both will run on Google's mobile software, CEO John Chen confirmed in an interview at CES in Las Vegas.
    Also the same interview is where we got the

Chen also hopes the Priv will help improve the company's viability, repair the brand and eventually make it possible to produce another phone running BlackBerry 10 -- although he said it's too early to talk about those plans.
    Again not Chen's direct quote but what the article's author said, he said.....

Sounded a lot like a CEO trying to reassure the market, investors and current customers.... without really committing to anything.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-24-16 03:08 PM
    The lack of any news or information from BB at MWC is bad. The whole world has their eyes on this event. They didn't even have a teaser like HTC with its M10. If anything, I was hoping they would show a Passport running Android. That would have been great. Using an existing device design with Android would add minimal R and D. I think the writing is on the wall for BB as a hardware company now. That's just too bad.
    02-24-16 03:09 PM
    The lack of any news or information from BB at MWC is bad. The whole world has their eyes on this event. They didn't even have a teaser like HTC with its M10. If anything, I was hoping they would show a Passport running Android. That would have been great. Using an existing device design with Android would add minimal R and D. I think the writing is on the wall for BB as a hardware company now. That's just too bad.
    Yeah I agree here. If other devices were really in the works, MWC would be the place to make the annoucement....

Posted via CB10
    02-24-16 03:47 PM
    It ain't happening. Samsung was MWC. It should have been called Samsung 2016 in Barcelona.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-16 08:27 PM
    i think i will give up on bb classic soon and open the door to the S7 with cover keyboard!!!!!
    if nothing of blackberry side!!
    02-24-16 09:26 PM
    Why is everyone acting like this was it for BlackBerry hardware announcements? The Vienna being launched at this event was a rumour, never confirmed by BlackBerry. Chill out.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    02-24-16 09:56 PM
    Well, we can close this thread now. So sad looks like no Vienna.

The only reason I can think of for them to purposely not reveal at MWC is they didn't wan device info to overshadow the software anouncements.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-16 10:40 PM
    ^^^ This.
    And..please Bla1ze, if you don't have other info you can rely on, close the whole 'Vienna' section you created months ago. As you stated, a lot of (not only) BlackBerry products have been leaked in the past and never see the light of the day, but I don't see their own sections on CB. BlackBerry is always vague,not clear at all? Well, at CB "we" are not :-P Thanks,anyway, for giving us hope!

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 02:18 AM
    Today is the last day and I seriously doubt they'll either tease let alone present a new device on the very last day of such an event.

IMHO considering the complete lack of even the slightest leaks, no official information regarding the Priv Marshmallow update and news stating they keep laying of device and OS development staff, I think it gets pretty clear more and more the hardware devision is done for. I guess we still get Android 6.0 and the Priv will also keep getting security and maintanence updates, but new features for BlackBerry apps or bigger releases like Android N won't be happening.
    02-25-16 02:32 AM
    Hey, let's all wait around deciding which new device to buy until BlackBerry makes NOTHING! Now go buy a f#####g PRIV already.

Posted via CB10
    If I wanted an Android I would have bought one years ago .
    02-25-16 07:27 AM
    You guys realize this device has been canned, right? The timing was spot on for an MWC reveal. And.. poof.. nothing. But lots of talk of software development, enterprise security solutions. Welcome to the new Blackberry. If you wanted a fixed keyboard Android phone, you better hope they port Marshmallow to the Passport.. which they likely won't. Price drops have started.
    02-25-16 08:15 AM
    The writing has been on the wall since the failure of BB10.

BlackBerry's future is software. Their lame attempt at Android was a half-assed effort that got them no where. But maybe that was Chen's plans after all...
    02-25-16 09:41 AM

BlackBerry's future is software. Their lame attempt at Android was a half-assed effort that got them no where. But maybe that was Chen's plans after all...
    Lame half assed effort? Reaching a little don't you think?

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 01:45 PM

I have the priv and think its a very good android phone very unique would not call it a half effort.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-25-16 02:17 PM
69 123