Hello,

I am looking to buy an original BlackBerry charger for my KeyOne, but am struggling to find one online. I know I could buy a generic one, but I'd rather stick to a manufacturer issued one. I still have the original, but a second one for my car would be nice.

Thank you in advance!
    07-24-17 12:24 PM
    07-24-17 12:27 PM
    I recently purchased the Aukey 2.0 charger from Amazon and I am extremely satisfied. It actually supports both QuickCharging protocols and works remarkably well on both of them. It QuickCharges at maximum speed my Passport or Classic, but does the same with the newer QuickCharging generation on my PRIV and KEYone.

It doesn't come along with a cable. I recommend Anker cables, as they are extremely good and let you get the maximum current from your source.

For those who follow this strange behavior of "over night charging" I recommend you go with a regular charger, like the ones included with any of the BlackBerry devices before the PRIV.
    07-24-17 01:02 PM
    Hello,

I am looking to buy an original BlackBerry charger for my KeyOne, but am struggling to find one online. I know I could buy a generic one, but I'd rather stick to a manufacturer issued one. I still have the original, but a second one for my car would be nice.

Thank you in advance!
    Make sure the charger cube and cable is rated for usb-c charging!
    07-24-17 01:03 PM
    Received today Blitzwolf QC charger type-c 3.0 and a 2.0 cable, also blitzwolf.
    The charger itself gets pretty hot while charging, the phone gets a bit hotter, especially on the back, where the logo is.

Does anyone share my experience?

p.s. I charge the phone while it is turned off completely.
    07-25-17 07:10 AM
    I recently purchased the Aukey 2.0 charger from Amazon and I am extremely satisfied. It actually supports both QuickCharging protocols and works remarkably well on both of them. It QuickCharges at maximum speed my Passport or Classic, but does the same with the newer QuickCharging generation on my PRIV and KEYone.

It doesn't come along with a cable. I recommend Anker cables, as they are extremely good and let you get the maximum current from your source.

For those who follow this strange behavior of "over night charging" I recommend you go with a regular charger, like the ones included with any of the BlackBerry devices before the PRIV.
    Curious as to why you think overnight charging as a "strange behavior."
    07-25-17 07:20 AM
    Curious as to why you think overnight charging as a "strange behavior."
    It doesn't make sense, defeats the purpose of QuickCharging, puts the battery through a constant charge that it doesn't need and which may eventually diminish its capacity to hold power.

Current technology is supposed to overcome this common user's non-sense behavior, but I don't think it can handle this at a level on which it wouldn't affect the battery at all.
    Last edited by JPD404; 07-25-17 at 11:53 AM.
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    07-25-17 07:47 AM
    Just discovered the Google Pixel charger is identical to the one inbox of the Key One!
    07-25-17 07:59 AM
    It doesn't make sense, defeats the purpose of QuickCharging, puts the battery through a constant charge that it doesn't need and which may eventually diminish its capacity to hold power.

Current technology is supposed to over comer this common user's non-sense behavior, but I don't think it can handle this at a level on which it wouldn't affect the battery at all.
    Point taken, although with modern battery technology, it's quite safe to leave your phone plugged in overnight without worrying about overcharging.

Here's a great reference point: http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...o_charge_table
    07-25-17 11:18 AM
    I say step it up and go for QC3.0 if you're going to get an extra charger. Just picked this up the other day:

Linke Qualcomm Certified Quick Charge 3.0 2-PORT 30W QC3.0+2.4A AC Wall Travel Foldable USB Charger - KWC2QS - NCIX

Comes with two ports one of which is QC 3.0 certified. An excellent charger.

As others have said, QC works to charge your battery optimally. I notice QC3.0 charges the first 60% very rapidly (about an hour or so). The wattage is then dialed right back; from 60-80% takes another 30 mins or so. It's very slow (which is what you want) from 80 to 100%. Battery is quite warm up to 60% but is quite cool for the remainder of the charging process.
    07-25-17 11:44 AM
    Point taken, although with modern battery technology, it's quite safe to leave your phone plugged in overnight without worrying about overcharging.

Here's a great reference point: http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...o_charge_table
    Your article clearly states that for Lithium batteries partial charges are better than full charges, so, that means charging 'overnight' is not the best method to charge your battery.
    07-25-17 12:01 PM
    To respond to the original post, at this time to my knowledge one cannot buy an extra oem charger like the one bundled with the KEYone
    07-25-17 12:07 PM
    Your article clearly states that for Lithium batteries partial charges are better than full charges, so, that means charging 'overnight' is not the best method to charge your battery.
    Article also states that charger turns off once battery is fully charged and is not even necessary to remove it.
    07-25-17 12:15 PM
    Article also states that charger turns off once battery is fully charged and is not even necessary to remove it.
    That's not exactly the case, and if it was there would be a contradiction. I think you're now only trying to make yourself believe your way is the good way. Unfortunately it isn't.
    07-25-17 12:26 PM
    That's not exactly the case, and if it was there would be a contradiction. I think you're now only trying to make yourself believe your way is the good way. Unfortunately it isn't.
    Lol I never claimed it was the best way. Just saying that you can safely leave your phone charged overnight without worrying about burning down your house or significantly damaging your phone/battery.
    Personally, I just charge my phone whenever I feel like it, including overnight.
    07-25-17 12:40 PM
    Lol I never claimed it was the best way. Just saying that you can safely leave your phone charged overnight without worrying about burning down your house or significantly damaging your phone/battery.
    Personally, I just charge my phone whenever I feel like it, including overnight.
    Of course you are not going to burn down your house or cause severe damage to the battery. The new technologies are very good at handling the power. However, it's better to just charge your device for the amount of time that it actually needs. For the KEYone it's nearly an hour a day for the average use.
    07-25-17 12:51 PM