Ok they decided not to support PRIV anymore, I was angry to be honest, but I understand this is business, they are going to leave alone BB10, I was angry but I understand this is business..
    K1 new flagship and no December security yet, and blackberry are proud of its security service
    Shame on blackberry hahaha
    01-02-18 04:40 AM
    Where did you buy your device? My KEYone has had the December update for a while now.
    ev44 likes this.
    01-02-18 05:28 AM
    I'm locked to Rogers in Ontario and I'm still on the November update. Rather disappointing.
    01-02-18 05:38 AM
    Where did you buy your device? My KEYone has had the December update for a while now.
    I bought in georgia, shop, factory anlocked. Black edition BBB100-7
    I always buy new devices in my local shop
    01-02-18 06:01 AM
    Check here: https://tclota.birth-online.de/
    BBB100-7 newest update is AAQ837

I bought in georgia, shop, factory anlocked. Black edition BBB100-7
    I always buy new devices in my local shop
    01-02-18 07:37 AM
    Check here: https://tclota.birth-online.de/
    BBB100-7 newest update is AAQ837
    I know and its November's update
    01-02-18 07:49 AM
    As I wrote in other thread, Czech Republic here, still on October update.

And as there are other phone manufacturers where is update available I must say that BlackBerry does not succeeded in giving us "the most secure android experience"

In my case, I dont care so much about security, but I laugh a bit when BlackBerry is talking about regular updates.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-02-18 09:07 AM
    As I wrote in other thread, Czech Republic here, still on October update.

And as there are other phone manufacturers where is update available I must say that BlackBerry does not succeeded in giving us "the most secure android experience"

In my case, I dont care so much about security, but I laugh a bit when BlackBerry is talking about regular updates.
    Fully agree here. In my country blackberry black editions price is the same as S8 I bought K1 coz I love blackberry but I see its not top brand, far not top... (although I like K1 as device)
    sankylie likes this.
    01-02-18 09:45 AM
    Fully agree here. In my country blackberry black editions price is the same as S8 I bought K1 coz I love blackberry but I see its not top brand, far not top... (although I like K1 as device)
    Hey Kiki - Happy Belated New Year.....

There's another thread discussion about problems in some countries and it appears that update sitting on servers but not being allowed to be pushed out.

It says UK but is expanded to much farther now..

/blackberry-keyone-f445/december-update-uk-devices-waiting-room-1132468/
    jacobacevedog likes this.
    01-02-18 09:58 AM
    i bought mine in uk, unlocked, living in Spain and still october update
    01-02-18 10:13 AM
    Hey Kiki - Happy Belated New Year.....

There's another thread discussion about problems in some countries and it appears that update sitting on servers but not being allowed to be pushed out.

It says UK but is expanded to much farther now..

/blackberry-keyone-f445/december-update-uk-devices-waiting-room-1132468/
    Ok my friend,
    01-02-18 10:24 AM
    I paid premium $$ for this phone. Update me!
    01-02-18 02:00 PM
    I'm locked to Rogers in Ontario and I'm still on the November update. Rather disappointing.
    My K1 is locked to Telus. Rocking the October update! I emailed BBM support complaining and asking them to do something. They asked for my details. Let's see what happens next.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-02-18 02:03 PM
    I got tired of nagging Telus for security and updates as I was having the BT issue which the oct patch fixed, but only after pestering telus, they would blame BB and BB support would blame Telus. at one point, I had both reps on the line doing a 3 way convo!

ditched my silver locked K1 Telus and got a factory unlocked BE K1. I got the dec patch for a while now.

I will never buy a carrier locked device again.

I hear the Jan patch is just released by google, hope I get it soon.
    Gyrine likes this.
    01-02-18 03:19 PM
    Ok they decided not to support PRIV anymore, I was angry to be honest, but I understand this is business, they are going to leave alone BB10, I was angry but I understand this is business..
    K1 new flagship and no December security yet, and blackberry are proud of its security service
    Shame on blackberry hahaha
    Yep agreed! Pretty pathetic. BlackBerry or BlackBerry Mobile should get on these carriers to keep up.

Stop this BS blame game circle j*rk! With Telus and still on Oct patch.
    Attached Thumbnails What the hell is with security update?-screenshot_20180102-144306.jpg  
    01-02-18 04:48 PM

I will never buy a carrier locked device again.

I hear the Jan patch is just released by google, hope I get it soon.
    I hear ya! I knew I would regret buying a carrier locked phone but I really needed an upgrade as my battery on my BB10 was failing, so I bit the bullet and bought one last June. I thought about the BE promotion, but decided it wasn't worth it since the K2 will likely come out in 2018.
    01-02-18 05:15 PM
    I hear ya! I knew I would regret buying a carrier locked phone but I really needed an upgrade as my battery on my BB10 was failing, so I bit the bullet and bought one last June. I thought about the BE promotion, but decided it wasn't worth it since the K2 will likely come out in 2018.
    Yeah. My way is def the more expensive route. But updates and security are important to me.

Besides I still got good $ selling my old K1 so the upgrade cost was minimal.

I can't wait for K2 either. If it is a worthwhile upgrade I'm sure I won't have any probs selling the excellent BE K1 on the used market.
    01-02-18 05:20 PM
    That's on Rogers not BlackBerry.
    jvictor77 likes this.
    01-02-18 05:49 PM
    Yep agreed! Pretty pathetic. BlackBerry or BlackBerry Mobile should get on these carriers to keep up.
    Other than Apple (who had the clout AND the retail presence to demand the ability to send out updates directly), all manufacturers are at the mercy of the carriers to send out updates (except for factory-unlocked devices). That's nothing unique to BB or BBMo. It affected BB10, WinPhone, and Android - and even affected feature phones!.

The carriers are well aware that the manufacturers have sent them the updates, but many carriers want to test those updates before sending out an update that will cause them a massive support headache. And further, most carriers prioritize their testing process, with high-volume phones being moved to the front of the line.

BBMo/TCL doesn't have the clout to demand anything, and BB certainly does not (they don't even make devices anymore). BB has done their job and released the updates - it's up to the carriers to test and release them. There's nothing more BB or BBMo can do. If anything, you as a paying customer of your carrier have more clout, so you can call and complain, but remember that you'll be talking to a CSR who doesn't make any decisions and can only log your complaint. Ultimately, it's your carrier's management that you have a problem with.
    01-02-18 05:54 PM
    Hi friends. We have been discussing the problem with security updates for the KEYone for weeks here: /blackberry-keyone-f445/december-update-uk-devices-waiting-room-1132468/

I would appreciate if you take a look and say something about your experience.
    01-02-18 05:58 PM
    Hi friends. We have been discussing the problem with security updates for the KEYone for weeks here: /blackberry-keyone-f445/december-update-uk-devices-waiting-room-1132468/

I would appreciate if you take a look and say something about your experience.
    Carrier locked updates typically are worse time release than factory unlocked.
    01-02-18 06:18 PM
    Other than Apple (who had the clout AND the retail presence to demand the ability to send out updates directly), all manufacturers are at the mercy of the carriers to send out updates (except for factory-unlocked devices). That's nothing unique to BB or BBMo. It affected BB10, WinPhone, and Android - and even affected feature phones!.

The carriers are well aware that the manufacturers have sent them the updates, but many carriers want to test those updates before sending out an update that will cause them a massive support headache. And further, most carriers prioritize their testing process, with high-volume phones being moved to the front of the line.

BBMo/TCL doesn't have the clout to demand anything, and BB certainly does not (they don't even make devices anymore). BB has done their job and released the updates - it's up to the carriers to test and release them. There's nothing more BB or BBMo can do. If anything, you as a paying customer of your carrier have more clout, so you can call and complain, but remember that you'll be talking to a CSR who doesn't make any decisions and can only log your complaint. Ultimately, it's your carrier's management that you have a problem with.
    Back about a year and Verizon was way behind on updates both security and Marshmallow for the Priv. Whether or not it helped, a bunch of us filed complaints with the FCC explaining some of the security threats that had been fixed by Google security updates that Verizon was refusing to issue. Verizon had to answer each complaint and as the BS got deeper, we continued complaining so that Verizon could not close the complain files. Again, eventually, they did release the updates but no idea if the complaints registered. But the FCC tracks this info and it is public record. Carriers don't like official complaints to government agencies. Tarnishes their record.
    01-02-18 07:10 PM
    Back about a year and Verizon was way behind on updates both security and Marshmallow for the Priv. Whether or not it helped, a bunch of us filed complaints with the FCC explaining some of the security threats that had been fixed by Google security updates that Verizon was refusing to issue. Verizon had to answer each complaint and as the BS got deeper, we continued complaining so that Verizon could not close the complain files. Again, eventually, they did release the updates but no idea if the complaints registered. But the FCC tracts this info and it is public record. Carriers don't like official complaints to government agencies. Tarnishes their record.
    Yes. That's what I was getting at when I said that the customer/end-user really has the clout - the carrier has to deal with those users, and in many countries, has to answer to a regulating body of some kind. There's really not much TCL can do beyond actually making the updates available to the carrier.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-02-18 07:13 PM
    Always buy unlocked! No bloatware, fastest updates.
    01-02-18 09:39 PM
    Always buy unlocked! No bloatware, fastest updates.
    Theoretically, Yes. Reality, No.

This was how it was in the past with BlackBerry devices. With IOS, everyone starts getting update the same, regardless if carrier locked or factory unlocked. With Android, the OEMs have been known to sit on updates so carriers have time for review and release before releasing ahead of factory unlocked.

This has changed some in the last couple years because of Google hardware. Look at the people complaining on CB about not getting their monthly updates on time when others do and devices were all factory unlocked.

Other factors can be more important regarding warranty support and repair support. With the KEYone, in the USA, how do your instincts feel? I'll take AT&T or Sprint purchased hardware right now because BBMo will give them better support than me. More importantly, my carrier, AT&T will give me better support than BBMo, since I spend the price of KEYone every two months as small customer.
    01-02-18 10:28 PM
173 123 ...