It is android powered phone, but what is different as compare to other branded android phones....?

UNITED INDIA
    02-16-17 02:32 AM
    Mercury has BlackBerry's own security and BlackBerry software suites like BlackBerry Hub, calendar, keyboard. Basically, stock android with BlackBerry sauce. This phone is designed for business professionals!
    02-16-17 02:39 AM
    This is what differentiates this from any other Android slab out there:

Persistent physical keyboard for tactile feedback and key shortcuts!

This alone increases the efficiency of the device. This is how I felt about my Passport compared to the Z30 / Z10. Type from home screen to initiate a search. Long press keys to launch apps or do combo tasks. Never have to wait for the VKB to pop up.
    yessuz likes this.
    02-16-17 02:48 AM
    Just to basically repeat what has already been said: the BlackBerry apps for Android, and most especially the physical QWERTY keyboard (4 rows) that is also touch-capacitive.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-17 04:54 AM
    It has physical keyboard...duh
    02-16-17 05:05 AM
    As stated above, the obvious differences are in the hardware... but we are also getting a BlackBerry flavored version of the Android OS and their DTEK security.
    BlackBerry Apps are available to download to any Android device.

With that said... I would be interested in knowing if the software suite interacts differently with a BlackBerry flavored OS than say a Samsung flavored OS running the same apps?
    02-16-17 05:45 AM
    Battery life is supposed to be "best in class"... here's hoping. Also it shouldn't explode

Posted via CB10
    02-16-17 05:45 AM
    Apparently the best in class camera. Will have to see if the actual lives us to the hype.

Posted via CB10
    Nathan Conley and Superfly_FR like this.
    02-16-17 05:59 AM
    It is android powered phone, but what is different as compare to other branded android phones....?

UNITED INDIA
    physical keyboard + not slider form factor. MAIN and MOST IMPORTANT differentiator!
    02-16-17 06:45 AM
    BlackBerry app..like hub+suit are free for bb android ? Or I have to pay for these apps?

UNITED INDIA
    02-16-17 07:23 AM
    Apparently the best in class camera. Will have to see if the actual lives us to the hype.

Posted via CB10
    Which is one of the reasons why I'm excited about it!

Posted via CB10
    02-16-17 07:40 AM
    BlackBerry app..like hub+suit are free for bb android ? Or I have to pay for these apps?

UNITED INDIA
    Yes, they are free for BB Android.
    02-16-17 08:18 AM

UNITED INDIA
    One and only one important feature, regardless of what any marketing purports to be true - the physical keyboard. Period. And again, that's exactly why the pkb MUST be super good. If not, it will be a total failure. And an embarrassing one at that.
    02-16-17 09:10 AM

UNITED INDIA
    You can't get all of them though. The hub suite available for other android devices are missing a few apps, one main one is the keyboard and the swipe shortcuts are also not part of it. Also, you'll have to pay a subscription fee or have to see ads.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-16-17 09:31 AM

UNITED INDIA
    You can't get all of them though. The hub suite available for other android devices are missing a few apps, one main one is the keyboard and the swipe shortcuts are also not part of it. Also, you'll have to pay a subscription fee or have to see ads.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    A BlackBerry Android device comes with the suite, no extra cost. All other devices get adds or use subscription.
    02-16-17 11:48 AM
    Well, I see it as the following:

1) Near stock Android experience. There are others that offer stock Android, or close to it, but most don't.
    2) The physical keyboard. That may be a plus to come and a minus to others. I don't believe that one can really argue against the attributes of the shortcuts a PKB offers.
    3) The Mercury will have great battery life. Some describe as best in class. I with hold judgment and would like to see all the specs before I lump the Mercury in any class, but no matter what it should have good battery life.
    4) The camera sensor is the same that is on the Pixel. That is a good sensor, arguably the best in any class. The fact that the Mercury has it would indicate that it will have a good camera.
    5) Build quality. While this is not a given yet I surmise that the Mercury should be well built in all likelihood.
    6) BlackBerry suite of apps. This may matter to some and not to others. To me it does and for that reason I list it as a plus.

Just my 5 cents.
    02-16-17 12:10 PM
    Battery life is supposed to be "best in class"... here's hoping. Also it shouldn't explode

Posted via CB10
    Is it not the only phone in its class.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and cgk like this.
    02-16-17 12:23 PM
    Is it not the only phone in its class.
    That's the thing.... even without a keyboard, how many other Snapdragon 625 Powered phones, 4.2" LCD Display, 3,200mAh Powered phones are there?

Mercury.... is a PKB phone, that's what might give it an edge. Any future all touch phones, it will be tougher to capture much attention... outside of enterprise customers (if any) that see a value in BlackBerry's extra security features. For now it's all about the keyboard...
    02-16-17 01:16 PM
    4.2" lcd display with 1620 x 1080 vs othet snapdragon 625 phone with 5.5 lcd display with 1920 x 1080. Battery consumption difference? Not so much but it is better.
    02-16-17 02:12 PM
    op, don't know. please send over a unit, I'll tell you after few days...
    02-16-17 06:43 PM
    And so much more...
    02-16-17 07:10 PM
    I think you are all missing the fact that it is a BlackBerry and that alone makes it stand out. I love being different. So while the masses throw themselves at over priced IOS products and other android slab devices filled with bloat ware it's cool to be different
    Jeffm63 likes this.
    02-16-17 07:19 PM
    I think you are all missing the fact that it is a BlackBerry and that alone makes it stand out. I love being different. So while the masses throw themselves at over priced IOS products and other android slab devices filled with bloat ware it's cool to be different
    BB10 was definitely different but unfortunately we're just another android now
    bbnrs likes this.
    02-16-17 07:25 PM
    BB10 was definitely different but unfortunately we're just another android now
    When you don't have a Samsung or Apple Logo you are different
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-16-17 10:44 PM
    Also it shouldn't explode

Posted via CB10
    That's a major plus
    02-16-17 11:06 PM
36 12