One thing for sure is that the whiners about the release date and/or information must be truly smitten with the KEYone which is a good thing!! Keep yer pants on for a few more.......

Passport. SQW100-1 OS 10.3.3.2163
    kwabena1041 likes this.
    03-29-17 06:30 PM
    As @conite points out, they told us April. If we get a couple of weeks into April and hear nothing, then I'll be more understanding of some of the frustrations many are venting about.

Posted with my  Classic
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-29-17 06:55 PM
    I am still very much excited about getting a KEYone. I will wait for it. Why spend more on a Samsung or iPhone... just because we don't know the KEYone release date????

Doesn't make sense to me AT ALL.
    It doesn't make sense to you because as you admitted, you are already sold on the KeyOne and will buy it regardless. Other people who don't have the same brand loyalty are considering all options. If they know the LG G6 is coming out April 7, and the Galaxy S8 is coming out April 21, and the KeyOne is coming out April whoknows, which course of action are they likely to take?
    03-29-17 07:30 PM
    It doesn't make sense to you because as you admitted, you are already sold on the KeyOne and will buy it regardless. Other people who don't have the same brand loyalty are considering all options. If they know the LG G6 is coming out April 7, and the Galaxy S8 is coming out April 21, and the KeyOne is coming out April whoknows, which course of action are they likely to take?
    The remaining pool of potential PKB customers is small and waiting for the KEYone. PKBs are not a selling point for your typical flagship buyers.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-17 08:42 PM
    The remaining pool of potential PKB customers is small and waiting for the KEYone. PKBs are not a selling point for your typical flagship buyers.

Posted via CB10
    Amazing how a month ago the fanboys were saying, look at how well received this phone is! All the tech sites love it and there's so much buzz! People will rediscover the PKB and love it!

Now that BlackBerry/TCL has botched the release, they're saying, no, we never wanted the mainstream buyers, this is an enterprise phone, this is a niche, etc.

It's okay to not defend BlackBerry (or TCL).
    Last edited by consv93; 03-29-17 at 09:56 PM.
    03-29-17 08:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    As I said earlier, there may have been people who are not strictly hardcore pkb but yet intrigued to at least give this device a shot. That intrigue is likely gone now 4 months later.
    I just dont get the people in here who keep saying "oh the pkb fans will wait and still get it". Of course they will and nobody is disputing that. BlackBerry and BlackBerry mobile don't need to worry about those people.
    But the flip floppers who aren't loyal to any brand and would have been willing to give this device a shot after the initial CES mainstream media hype, those are the people they need to care about. Especially if they want to resurrect the brand as they claim. And guess what, coming up on four months, those people are long gone at this point.
    03-29-17 08:59 PM
    As I said earlier, there may have been people who are not strictly hardcore pkb but yet intrigued to at least give this device a shot. That intrigue is likely gone now 4 months later.
    I just dont get the people in here who keep saying "oh the pkb fans will wait and still get it". Of course they will and nobody is disputing that. BlackBerry and BlackBerry mobile don't need to worry about those people.
    But the flip floppers who aren't loyal to any brand and would have been willing to give this device a shot after the initial CES mainstream media hype, those are the people they need to care about. Especially if they want to resurrect the brand as they claim. And guess what, coming up on four months, those people are long gone at this point and moved on.
    There will be a group of people intrigued when it is released.

Posted with my  Classic
    03-29-17 09:00 PM
    There will be a group of people intrigued when it is released.

Posted with my  Classic
    Of course there will. I'm saying that group likely has shrunk as many likely went elsewhere.
    KillahKurlz1 and Biggles like this.
    03-29-17 09:01 PM
    Of course there will. I'm saying that group likely has shrunk as many likely went elsewhere.
    I'm saying there will be a new group, outside BlackBerry loyalists, who see it available and get an interest in trying something different.

Posted with my  Classic
    zensen likes this.
    03-29-17 09:05 PM
    YES, YES, YES!!!

The reason BlackBerry and TCL are creating a bitter taste in some potential customers' minds is that they haven't communicated with us. They have fallen silent since Barcelona and we haven't heard anything since. As consumers we have came to expect lunches like Apple/Samsung where they build the hype and lunch it soon after and let the customers know exactly when they cant get it. Instead we have had months and received 2 official pieces of communication....

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.3.2049
    03-29-17 09:07 PM
    What competes against the KEYone?
    Every other phone on the market?

Posted via CB10
    KillahKurlz1 and bcbbanga4l like this.
    03-29-17 09:09 PM
    Amazing how a month ago the fanboys were saying, look at how well received this phone is! All the tech sites love it and there's so much buzz! People will rediscover the PKB and love it!

Now that BlackBerry has botched the release, they're saying, no, we never wanted the mainstream buyers, this is an enterprise phone, this is a niche, etc.

It's okay to not defend BlackBerry.
    Not defending BlackBerry. They're not in the hardware business anymore. BlackBerry hasn't botched this release. They're not in the hardware business anymore. I bought a PRIV over a year ago when BlackBerry was still in the hardware business. I use the VKB most of the time and can use the PKB if I really need to.

BlackBerry Mobile/TCL or whatever they're called probably has this down by now as I'm sure they've been doing this phone thing longer than you. However, feel free to call their senior management team of their billion dollar company and tell them your concerns. I'm sure they'll appreciate all your help and give you the first production KEYone.

Posted via CB10
    zephyr613 likes this.
    03-29-17 09:11 PM

Now that BlackBerry has botched the release, they're saying, no, we never wanted the mainstream buyers, this is an enterprise phone, this is a niche, etc.

It's okay to not defend BlackBerry.
    This release has absolutely nothing to do with BlackBerry.

I don't think anyone was suggesting that this would grab a whole bunch of people from the slab crowd. This is for current physical keyboard users or previous physical keyboard users.
    03-29-17 09:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    Eh. For people who feel they need a physical keyboard, such as myself, the KEYone's only competition is a Classic, a Q10, etc.

The Galaxy S8 would not interest me if it were $300 USD.

Posted with my  Classic
    zephyr613 likes this.
    03-29-17 09:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's like saying that a pickup truck competes against all the other sedans in the market. It's a completely different Beast that will only appeal to current and previous physical keyboard users.
    03-29-17 09:13 PM
    That's like saying that a pickup truck competes against all the other sedans in the market.
    *facepalm*

Posted via CB10
    03-29-17 09:14 PM
    Not defending BlackBerry. They're not in the hardware business anymore. BlackBerry hasn't botched this release. They're not in the hardware business anymore. I bought a PRIV over a year ago when BlackBerry was still in the hardware business. I use the VKB most of the time and can use the PKB if I really need to.

BlackBerry Mobile/TCL or whatever they're called probably has this down by now as I'm sure they've been doing this phone thing longer than you. However, feel free to call their senior management team of their billion dollar company and tell them your concerns. I'm sure they'll appreciate all your help and give you the first production KEYone.

Posted via CB10
    TCL is repeating the many mistakes of BlackBerry. They have this down by now? They're not acting like it. We'll see what the sales figures say.

This release has absolutely nothing to do with BlackBerry.

I don't think anyone was suggesting that this would grab a whole bunch of people from the slab crowd. This is for current physical keyboard users or previous physical keyboard users.
    The former represents 0.0% of the smartphone market. The latter is people who would have considered the K1 had it been released promptly, now many will be going elsewhere.
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    03-29-17 09:59 PM
    I read a lot of loyalty to the brand here and I must say, right now there's a 40% sale on BlackBerry for the Priv and D50, when KeyOne comes, the D60 will be on sale... What I mean is, I am not caring so much about the release date, I will wait. BB will see the poor sales (come on, only pbk and BB fans will buy it, and there's not a lot) and will be put for sale... I own a lot of BBs but 500 just for a physical keyboard and mediocre specs?... I have my Priv that I still love, and it seems people forget the Priv has a physical keyboard and it is cheaper and cooler, and will get much cheaper soon.

Now? I am sincerely thinking on buying the S8+ and just download the BlackBerryHub+ services... And when the KeyOne price plunges, then I'll finally buy it.

I am a huge fan and BB owner for ages, doesn't mean I need to buy it on the first day, my issue with the KeyOne is pricing, because I am really excited about it.
    03-29-17 11:49 PM
    I read a lot of loyalty to the brand here and I must say, right now there's a 40% sale on BlackBerry for the Priv and D50, when KeyOne comes, the D60 will be on sale... What I mean is, I am not caring so much about the release date, I will wait. BB will see the poor sales (come on, only pbk and BB fans will buy it, and there's not a lot) and will be put for sale... I own a lot of BBs but 500 just for a physical keyboard and mediocre specs?... I have my Priv that I still love, and it seems people forget the Priv has a physical keyboard and it is cheaper and cooler, and will get much cheaper soon.

Now? I am sincerely thinking on buying the S8+ and just download the BlackBerryHub+ services... And when the KeyOne price plunges, then I'll finally buy it.

I am a huge fan and BB owner for ages, doesn't mean I need to buy it on the first day, my issue with the KeyOne is pricing, because I am really excited about it.
    You want to pay full price for the Samsung, then you should do it. Get what you want.

I want the KEYone. I will wait for it. I'm not too concerned about when it is released.
    Sean Flaherty likes this.
    03-30-17 01:02 AM
    Some of you think that the majority of sales occur on release date. Rest easy: the S8, KeyOne, and G6 will all continue to find homes throughout 2017.
    03-30-17 01:15 AM
    I have no reason to believe that TCL/BlackBerry Mobile will miss their targeted release date.

Do I wish I had an actual date to circle on my BlackBerry Calendar? of Course. What I suspect is even if we had those dates, there are those on this forum who would find something else to complain about. I get that you feel abused by BlackBerry. I get that you feel abandoned by them. I understand that you cannot understand how we can be happy for this new launch. I wish we could make you feel better about things, but that is not up to us..... sorry.
    03-30-17 01:19 AM
    What competes against the KEYone?
    Smartphone competitor: none

Financial competitor: a lot (Assumed those pockets of potential buyers are not very deep)

Potential buyers = PKB/BB Fans + the rest. Of course I mean the latter.
    03-30-17 01:20 AM
    If an S8 steals you away, you probably wouldn't have seriously bought the KEYone anyway.
    This garbage attitude is why BlackBerry is where it is. Indirect competition is still competition.
    krazyatom and Colin Wilson like this.
    03-30-17 01:47 AM
    Mediamarkt in germany names may, 4th. as releasedate on the preorder page... As exited, as I'm about the Keyone, I think this "soon" thing is harmful for the whole campaign about the product and a fixed date will be much better for BB and the potential customers.
    mbirth and kwksti like this.
    03-30-17 02:58 AM
    I always find these 'we need a release date NOW!' threads a bit amusing. Mainly because people are arguing the fact that they need it now otherwise they might buy something else but the reason these threads exist are based on the fact that right now, you still want it. You're arguing for a release date BECAUSE YOU WANT THE DEVICE!

We need a release date. And we need it now.-giphy.jpg
    kwabena1041 and Sarek1701 like this.
    03-30-17 03:43 AM
615 1234 ...