Samsung s8 and s8+ are ready for 29 April, g6 already spotted in the wild... My finger is itching on the "buy" button for a new phone, I don't know how I can resist and I bet I'm not the only one.

TCL strategy is suicidal, all competitors are now available for preorder... we need a date, and now.
    bcbbanga4l and MPF94025 like this.
    03-29-17 03:57 PM
    What competes against the KEYone?
    kwabena1041 likes this.
    03-29-17 03:59 PM
    Samsung s8 and s8+ are ready for 29 April, g6 already spotted in the wild... My finger is itching on the "buy" button for a new phone, I don't know how I can resist and I bet I'm not the only one.

TCL strategy is suicidal, all competitors are now available for preorder... we need a date, and now.
    Welcome to the forums, floc. Hold tight - i'm thinking that we'll start hearing more about the KEYone soon.
    kwabena1041 and peterm52 like this.
    03-29-17 04:00 PM
    What competes against the KEYone?
    It's not a matter of competition. The reality is its extended on for so long (CES, MWC, meet up after meetup) that the hype has faded. And if there was anyone who wasn't totally and utterly committed like the pkb hardcores are but was willing to give it a shot, they likely have moved on or will now. Sure, You could say those people didn't exist or did in small numbers but at this point when trying to resurrect a brand, every potential customer counts.
    03-29-17 04:10 PM
    totally agree with ray689. Im waiting because of the keyboard. How long Im prone to wait without an official date for it? Dont know.

Welcome to the forums, floc. Hold tight - i'm thinking that we'll start hearing more about the KEYone soon.
    soon is not a date. Too many soon from the mwc to today... "Soon" can be april, may, or june.
    Bfalcon1, bcbbanga4l and d6821 like this.
    03-29-17 04:41 PM
    I posted the exact same thing the ther day.
    The hype outside of BB die hards has completely gone. No one knows when it's coming, no one has bothered to put any official wording out there whether it's delayed or not, yet all we get to see is Kevin flaunting it all over social media.

Whilst that was great when we all were hyped over it, now it's just plain annoying.

Samsung is out with an official release date and I know G6 will be making its way to Europe at end of April too. Both of those devices I have my eye on. I can preorder the S8 now if I want.

Keyone? Don't know jack. It's literally laughable
    mbirth, bcbbanga4l and RaynorA like this.
    03-29-17 04:42 PM
    Dare I say "dead on arrival"?
    Flatman, bcbbanga4l and outZider like this.
    03-29-17 04:43 PM
    It's not a matter of competition. The reality is its extended on for so long (CES, MWC, meet up after meetup) that the hype has faded. And if there was anyone who wasn't totally and utterly committed like the pkb hardcores are but was willing to give it a shot, they likely have moved on or will now. Sure, You could say those people didn't exist or did in small numbers but at this point when trying to resurrect a brand, every potential customer counts.
    Meh. People who truly want it, have waited. If an S8 steals you away, you probably wouldn't have seriously bought the KEYone anyway.

If anything, the early announcement teaser may have actually held on to a few. In the absence of information, they may very well have left.
    03-29-17 04:47 PM
    Dare I say "dead on arrival"?
    I think it will be sold out just like blackberry passport when they first released.

Posted via CB10
    kwabena1041 likes this.
    03-29-17 04:48 PM
    I think it will be sold out just like blackberry passport when they first released.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, because the Passport was such a smashing success...
    iUser and Plazmic Flame like this.
    03-29-17 04:49 PM
    Meh. People who truly want it, have waited. If an S8 steals you away, you probably wouldn't have seriously bought the KEYone anyway.

If anything, the early announcement teaser may have actually held on to a few. In the absence of information, they may very well have left.
    Does BB/TCL want to recover market share or not? Catering only to BB fans does not work and has not worked for years.
    MPF94025, FF22 and mellowjellow like this.
    03-29-17 04:50 PM
    Does BB/TCL want to recover market share or not? Catering only to BB fans does not work and has not worked for years.
    I'm sure they are bringing it to market as quickly as they can. They aren't just sitting on a big pile of inventory at great cost for the fun of it.

The question was whether they should have teased it prior to the announcement at MWC. I say it makes no difference. Non-BB people wouldn't have heard much about that anyway, and BB people were more apt to hang in there longer.
    03-29-17 04:53 PM

That's not what I'm saying. I said if anyone was willing to give it a shot who wasn't a die hard pkb person who is willing to wait endlessly with no information. Like I said, there may not be many like that but BlackBerry and BlackBerry mobile don't really have the luxury of letting those people go if they want to resurrect the brand.
    Was an early teaser good, sure it created some buzz and hype, but with no other info on availability, that has died out. I'm not sure why so many think this process has been okay? It's ridiculous.
    bcbbanga4l and WT44 like this.
    03-29-17 04:55 PM
    I'm sure they are bringing it to market as quickly as they can. They aren't just sitting on a big pile of inventory at great cost for the fun of it.

The question was whether they should have teased it prior to the announcement at MWC. I say it makes no difference. Non-BB people wouldn't have heard much about that anyway, and BB people were more apt to hang in there longer.
    Listen I'm a BlackBerry fan too but at some point you need to open up and accept not everything BlackBerry and BlackBerry mobile do is perfect. They should have never shown any thing off at CES. Even after then lots of tech sites and even mainstream media actually talked about the device. So the likelyhood of non BlackBerry die hards finding out about it was much higher then any BlackBerry in years. However, its dragged on so long that even those media and tech sites don't care anymore.
    mbirth, bcbbanga4l, WT44 and 1 others like this.
    03-29-17 04:57 PM
    That's not what I'm saying. I said if anyone was willing to give it a shot who wasn't a die hard pkb person who is willing to wait endlessly with no information. Like I said, there may not be many like that but BlackBerry and BlackBerry mobile don't really have the luxury of letting those people go if they want to resurrect the brand.
    Was an early teaser good, sure it created some buzz and hype, but with no other info on availability, that has died out. I'm not sure why so many think this process has been okay? It's ridiculous.
    I'm not sure what this lack of information is. They announced the phone at MWC, and said it would be available in April. Nothing tells me that won't happen.
    03-29-17 04:58 PM
    It's around the corner. The S8 is for people who want it, so is the K1. Doesn't make a difference, except for us being impatient and all.

Posted via CB10
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    03-29-17 05:00 PM
    I'm not sure what this lack of information is. They announced the phone at MWC, and said it would be available in April. Nothing tells me that won't happen.
    Where are pre-orders? When do they start? Where is it available? Which carriers if any? If you are telling me they don't know the answers to those questions yet then they have bigger issues.
    bcbbanga4l and croman like this.
    03-29-17 05:07 PM
    Where are pre-orders? When do they start? Where is it available? Which carriers if any? If you are telling me they don't know the answers to those questions yet then they have bigger issues.
    Guess we'll find out in April.
    03-29-17 05:15 PM
    totally agree with ray689. Im waiting because of the keyboard. How long Im prone to wait without an official date for it? Dont know.

soon is not a date. Too many soon from the mwc to today... "Soon" can be april, may, or june.
    If you're waiting because of the keyboard, I've got a feeling you'll keep on waiting haha

I've posted about it before, and i'll say again - I would also like to have seen an official release date, and i also think that they should have opened up pre-orders. That said, what information are you basing the claim that it may not release until May or June? Remember, this isn't BlackBerry releasing the phone, it's BlackBerry Mobile (TCL). They said April, so there's no reason to think anything other than April.
    03-29-17 05:16 PM
    Guess we'll find out in April.
    Yes I know that. Just saying their 4 month process wasn't exactly the blue print for an ideal phone launch.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    03-29-17 05:17 PM
    The reason BlackBerry and TCL are creating a bitter taste in some potential customers' minds is that they haven't communicated with us. They have fallen silent since Barcelona and we haven't heard anything since. As consumers we have came to expect lunches like Apple/Samsung where they build the hype and lunch it soon after and let the customers know exactly when they cant get it. Instead we have had months and received 2 official pieces of communication....
    03-29-17 05:33 PM
    Perhaps the reason for the early announcement was to build some hype and guesstimate demand for the device. I doubt US carriers were lined up to order the K1 after the Z10, Q10, Z30, Classic, Passport and PRIV debacles.

Posted via CB10
    jakie55 and Plazmic Flame like this.
    03-29-17 05:48 PM
    I am still very much excited about getting a KEYone. I will wait for it. Why spend more on a Samsung or iPhone... just because we don't know the KEYone release date????

Doesn't make sense to me AT ALL.
    03-29-17 06:10 PM
    I am still very much excited about getting a KEYone. I will wait for it. Why spend more on a Samsung or iPhone... just because we don't know the KEYone release date????

Doesn't make sense to me AT ALL.
    Totally agreed! There is no substitute of 🔑 one in market!
    Plazmic Flame and d6821 like this.
    03-29-17 06:12 PM
    I don't mind waiting whole year because I will buy Keyone anyway. I already have passport so I am good for now. Phone will be released when they're ready.

Posted via CB10
    d6821 likes this.
    03-29-17 06:18 PM
615 123 ...