Geez, lots of frustration noted. Hypes of K1 are diminishing.. HELP

Last time BB, and now TCL are keep making the same disastrous marketing mistakes, i wonder if they ever learned.

What can help TCL to compensate for the delays is to have element of surprises during official availability in May. Perhaps it can be a more mid entry price point of 249-399 instead of 549. If they want to keep a premium price then either throw in exclusive accessories that no one can resist or upgrade hard wares to the latest.

I wonder if BB Merah Putih would handle K1 marketing and supply chain any better?
    I doubt that the price of the phone will get lowered. I understand that people are frustrated, but eventually we will be happy with our KEYones.... at least, I will be!!!

04-19-17 07:42 PM
    I've repeated left any individual out of my posts, and you keep bringing individuals back in. You are on stuck with your points.
    All you've said is that they're incompetent and will eventually become a "loser" company because of their association with BlackBerry.

And why? Because they tried to please people like you!

TCL signed the licensing agreement mid-December. First thing people like you wanted, communications! Tell us something! Show us a phone! TCL gets a prototype together and shows it off at CES as a teaser, only a 1.5 months later. Tell us more! TCL follows it up a /month/ later with working prototypes that tech reporters and bloggers can actually have hands-on impressions/previews /and/ they release official specs. They project that only one to two months later, they'll have it hot in everyone's hands. That's starting of April (one month later) to end of April (two months later). They go back to the process of getting the phones built over March and discover their April projection was too unrealistic. They don't want to commit to a release date, because, well, given the April date wasn't accurate, why would you believe them? They only commit to saying "more info in May". Why? Because people like you want more communications. What options do they have at this point?

1. Provide a specific release date that they may or may not know will happen. There will be more anger in the ranks as they'll be considered deceptive if they miss the date.
    2. Keep quiet until they actually have something firm. Already anger of "not communicating" meanwhile.
    3. Keep posting photos/videos "advertising" the KEYone. Was the recent Instagram not enough? Oh yeah, people just want a release date and could care less about more promo without any actual way to buy.
    4. Pre-orders without an actual release date. If you think people are mad about not knowing a date, imagine how much worse it would be if they took your money and not have a release date! Oh, why not have no money commitment pre-orders? That's the sign-up that's already available. Oh, it's not the same because I want to know I'll be "first" in line! Does that matter if they have enough inventory for everyone? And if they don't, pre-orders don't mean anything. Think all the Samsung and Apple folks that have to wait, even with pre-orders. Is it Samsung and Apple being deceptive in "locking in" customers? Pre-orders mean "first", right?

What option do you think will satisfy everyone? Do you have options to offer? Do you think I or anyone else can't pick it apart? If you have no solutions at all, are you incompetent?
    Adam Frix likes this.
    04-19-17 08:15 PM
    All you've said is that they're incompetent and will eventually become a "loser" company because of their association with BlackBerry.

And why? Because they tried to please people like you!

TCL signed the licensing agreement mid-December. First thing people like you wanted, communications! Tell us something! Show us a phone! TCL gets a prototype together and shows it off at CES as a teaser, only a 1.5 months later. Tell us more! TCL follows it up a /month/ later with working prototypes that tech reporters and bloggers can actually have hands-on impressions/previews /and/ they release official specs. They project that only one to two months later, they'll have it hot in everyone's hands. That's starting of April (one month later) to end of April (two months later). They go back to the process of getting the phones built over March and discover their April projection was too unrealistic. They don't want to commit to a release date, because, well, given the April date wasn't accurate, why would you believe them? They only commit to saying "more info in May". Why? Because people like you want more communications. What options do they have at this point?

1. Provide a specific release date that they may or may not know will happen. There will be more anger in the ranks as they'll be considered deceptive if they miss the date.
    2. Keep quiet until they actually have something firm. Already anger of "not communicating" meanwhile.
    3. Keep posting photos/videos "advertising" the KEYone. Was the recent Instagram not enough? Oh yeah, people just want a release date and could care less about more promo without any actual way to buy.
    4. Pre-orders without an actual release date. If you think people are mad about not knowing a date, imagine how much worse it would be if they took your money and not have a release date! Oh, why not have no money commitment pre-orders? That's the sign-up that's already available. Oh, it's not the same because I want to know I'll be "first" in line! Does that matter if they have enough inventory for everyone? And if they don't, pre-orders don't mean anything. Think all the Samsung and Apple folks that have to wait, even with pre-orders. Is it Samsung and Apple being deceptive in "locking in" customers? Pre-orders mean "first", right?

What option do you think will satisfy everyone? Do you have options to offer? Do you think I or anyone else can't pick it apart? If you have no solutions at all, are you incompetent?

Seriously??
    floc likes this.
    04-19-17 08:20 PM
    Geez, lots of frustration noted. Hypes of K1 are diminishing.. HELP

Last time BB, and now TCL are keep making the same disastrous marketing mistakes, i wonder if they ever learned.

What can help TCL to compensate for the delays is to have element of surprises during official availability in May. Perhaps it can be a more mid entry price point of 249-399 instead of 549. If they want to keep a premium price then either throw in exclusive accessories that no one can resist or upgrade hard wares to the latest.

I wonder if BB Merah Putih would handle K1 marketing and supply chain any better?
    I actually don't think they would have been able to get away with a sub $400 phone made out of aluminum with a unique capacitive touch keyboard, top-quality camera sensor, and BB software licensing. I felt that the perfect price for this device would have been $499. So they are about $50 over what I would have liked personally...
    04-19-17 09:30 PM
    Fleeting???? More like it's a dumpster fire burning piece of sh!t. Basically irrelevant, butt of jokes, and useless in the eyes of the marketplace. Yes, it really is. The market has shown that any mobile device branded "BlackBerry" is something nobody cares about. Hence the less than 1% market share and BlackBerry themselves resorting to licensing the brand to try and salvage some $$.

It's sad but true and it's not like it happened over night. Years upon years of mismanagement and stupidity have wreaked enough havoc that they're where they are because of it. But don't worry, the treadmill of incompetence has another party and they're in charge of the KEYone. Their marketing consists of "COMING SOON".
    Are you angry? I hope you feel better soon.
    04-19-17 10:57 PM
    Fortunately for BlackBerry their future success no longer depends on consumers, especially the angry ones who just can't seem to let go.
    04-19-17 11:16 PM
    Are you in denial? When faced with facts, you either accept them or you don't.
    I'm sure feeling a lot better than the dumpster fire that's associated with the BlackBerry name in the mobile space. I've got plenty of popcorn here on the sidelines as I enjoy this KEYone tragic comedy.
    mister2d likes this.
    04-19-17 11:29 PM
    Fortunately for BlackBerry their future success no longer depends on consumers, especially the angry ones who just can't seem to let go.
    Guess who was key to the initial BlackBerry success? The consumers that's who. If BlackBerry was so stable in the enterprise world, they wouldn't be hurting so bad for so long. BUT that's not a discussion for here.

The KEYone is being handled by BlackBerry Mobile, with BlackBerry only handling the software side of things. However, since nobody has any clue as to what's causing the delay AND BlackBerry's history of screwing up, delays and whatnot, it wouldn't be far fetched to think they're the ones holding things up. But who knows. It could be anything and unless BlackBerry Mobile or someone like Chen spills the beans we'll never know.
    04-19-17 11:34 PM
    Guess who was key to the initial BlackBerry success? The consumers that's who. If BlackBerry was so stable in the enterprise world, they wouldn't be hurting so bad for so long. ...
    BlackBerry's initial success was in fact entirely in the enterprise world. It was only after their devices became popular with consumers that their troubles began.
    04-20-17 12:16 AM
    Oh, that? They said "beginning in April" which part of April does that imply?

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Any part of April. And now they've said they're not releasing it in any part of April.
    04-20-17 12:41 AM
    Why dont you watch their launch event from Barcelona again (weren't you there) and see which part of April their own presentation stated it would be available. Seriously man, to keep going on with this defence of this process is laughable. You seem like a smart guy and I get you got a free trip and had some fun but come on now. How can you possibly think this whole process has been good? It's amateur hour at this point.
    this.
    And yet again, the problem is not the delay itself but the lack of communication, I was going to order 10 devices and had to switch to S8, for me (mine was dying so I was in hurry) and some customers beacause cant give them a date.

They said in April, 20 April and not an official *date* has been set, let alone the real availability.
    gallopiton likes this.
    04-20-17 05:08 AM
    That's nonsense. Many will buy the S8 because they see it, its new, and it looks nice, even if it might not be the right phone for them. If the game of "We are only playing to the physical keyboard crowd" wants to be played then Blackberry will lose. They need to sell the device to people who are slab users now but want to either attempt to go back to a keyboard or want to try a physical keyboard and see if it works for them.
    Nonsense - two different target markets. KEYone is a niche phone for those that love and want a PKB with an ecosystem that will run apps smoothly. S8 is for those that want the latest slab.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-17 06:35 AM
    At any rate, a release date would at least give people at the very least, something to look forward to. Right now we just don't know much about how or why
    floc likes this.
    04-20-17 06:39 AM
    At any rate, a release date would at least give people at the very least, something to look forward to. Right now we just don't know much about how or why
    Or when...
    04-20-17 07:12 AM
    Or when...
    Lol yes.. But I was referring to why or how the delay is affecting the release perception. I didn't word my last response well. It's still early. Forgive me hahah
    04-20-17 07:16 AM
    Any part of April. And now they've said they're not releasing it in any part of April.
    Duh, thank you Cpt. Obvious. Soon you'd be promoted to Maj. Obvious. I will personally recommend you for it.

But first, some context. Someone claimed that they explicitly stated that it would be released in the middle of April. I asked when they got that specific, he/she claimed in MWC where they stated what I just quoted. I never defended what they said or claimed that it is coming true, just stating a fact. I don't care what you might think about it, but at least base that opinion on what was actually said, not what you think was said...

Now, enough of that, back to your duties Captain.

04-20-17 08:36 AM
    Nonsense - two different target markets. KEYone is a niche phone for those that love and want a PKB with an ecosystem that will run apps smoothly. S8 is for those that want the latest slab.

Posted via CB10
    In abstract you're right. In the real world you are wrong, they're both flasgship phones becasue of price and target, If a business man needs a new phone he can look at keyONE because of pkb and his old fashion look, but if isnt available and new phones are needed he can switch to s8 in 10 seconds despite the lack of pkb. True story, I just saw this happening, with me and with my customers.
    04-20-17 08:37 AM
    Lol yes.. But I was referring to why or how the delay is affecting the release perception. I didn't word my last response well. It's still early. Forgive me hahah
    No! We need you to be awake, and we need it now!
    04-20-17 08:51 AM
    Duh, thank you Cpt. Obvious. Soon you'd be promoted to Maj. Obvious. I will personally recommend you for it.

But first, some context. Someone claimed that they explicitly stated that it would be released in the middle of April. I asked when they got that specific, he/she claimed in MWC where they stated what I just quoted. I never defended what they said or claimed that it is coming true, just stating a fact. I don't care what you might think about it, but at least base that opinion on what was actually said, not what you think was said...

Well continue on being condescending to people but I guess for a guy who was at the launch event you weren't paying much attention. Here you go, directly from their own presentation. It states available beginning April 2017. Not beginning in April. What they have written there could be taken either way so blame them for not being clear.
    Attached Thumbnails We need a release date. And we need it now.-366502.jpg  
    Aneres11 likes this.
    04-20-17 09:25 AM

Lol the way you talk to people. Condescending is definitely the correct word.
    04-20-17 09:41 AM
    Well continue on being condescending to people but I guess for a guy who was at the launch event you weren't paying much attention. Here you go, directly from their own presentation. It states available beginning April 2017. Not beginning in April. What they have written there could be taken either way so blame them for not being clear.
    Um, yes, beginning April. Means availability begins with April. If they meant the beginning of April, it would have said... well... beginning of April... lol.

Keep trying man, like I've said, some people might be fooled into it...

Hey, whatever happened to the whole "plans" argument, did you forget about that one since you realized you were the first to bring that up? I forgot how it all went down...

04-20-17 10:10 AM
    Lol the way you talk to people. Condescending is definitely the correct word.
    Hey, you just replied to my comment. -The new Cpt. Obvious

04-20-17 10:11 AM
    Hey, you just replied to my comment. -The new Cpt. Obvious

Yeaaaa I'm not gonna waste my time any further with captain condescending.
    04-20-17 10:15 AM

I'm sensing a lot of butthurt for a guy who says he doesn't really care about any of this or that.
    Aneres11 likes this.
    04-20-17 10:16 AM
    I don't mind waiting whole year because I will buy Keyone anyway. I already have passport so I am good for now. Phone will be released when they're ready.

Posted via CB10
    I concur, hopefully it will be cheaper if wait out longer. My Q10 is awesome for now though

Posted using a VeryBold BlackBerry Q10
    04-20-17 10:16 AM
615 ... 22232425