What if your phone dies today and you don't have the Samsung 8 yet????
    oh god. Im not english native but I think I can explain myself... If my phone dies tomorrow I put my sim in my s4 mini for a bit but I need to know my next primary phone release date, s8 delivery is 29 april for sure, key one doesnt have a date and i cant wait indefinitely! Is it that hard to understand?

TCL/BlackBerry mobile has continued to state April. If it was a month later and we were nearing the end of April with no information then I would agree with you. The fact though is that it isn't the end of April. we aren't even in the month of April yet.
    come on, we're all grown people. If today, 31st march, the release date has not announced do you really expect to have it in store in appropriate volumes for the end of April? Really?
    03-30-17 06:17 PM
    oh god. Im not english native but I think I can explain myself... If my phone dies tomorrow I put my sim in my s4 mini for a bit but I need to know my next primary phone release date, s8 delivery is 29 april for sure, key one doesnt have a date and i cant wait indefinitely! Is it that hard to understand?

come on, we're all grown people. If today, 31st march, the release date has not announced do you really expect to have it in store in appropriate volumes for the end of April? Really?
    1. Has your phone died, or do you still have time to wait? No hypotheticals. Until it does, do you NEED a release date, or does it just give you peace of mind?

2. The BlackBerry Aurora was officially announced and then available within the same week. No reason KEYone can't suddenly announce and have them available within a weeks time.

Posted with my  Classic
    03-30-17 06:27 PM
    You didn't answer my question. Samsung announces first and starts pre-orders the next day, a week ahead of LG, who didn't announce anything until a week later. Would you be all in on Samsung or wait for LG, which once announced, would have the G6 in your hands a week before the S8. If you're acting on whatever is being hyped at the time, which one will you be buying? Or do you look at what you need? Like the S8's desktop mode and wait for the S8, even though the hype would be on LG?
    I, for one, would wait for what I need and want instead of buying something based on hype.

Posted with my  Classic
    03-30-17 06:29 PM

Please do not be rude in your manner of asking... I understand. There is no reason to imply that I have difficulty in understanding!

Apparently, you want to know the release date. But you have a backup phone, so you can survive without a new phone for a short time.

A short time definitely is not the same concept as "indefinitely."
    03-30-17 06:35 PM
    Samsung announces first and starts pre-orders the next day, a week ahead of LG, who didn't announce anything until a week later. Would you be all in on Samsung or wait for LG, which once announced, would have the G6 in your hands a week before the S8. If you're acting on whatever is being hyped at the time, which one will you be buying? Or do you look at what you need? Like the S8's desktop mode and wait for the S8, even though the hype would be on LG?
    I buy what I like most, based on the previous research (youtube mostly). I don't buy what comes first. I never buy something the next day it launches, I prefer to wait a few weeks and see the comments and reviews from real life use.

I think this rush and negativity on the availability date is nonsense.

Posted vía CB10 with my Passport SE SQW100-4
    03-30-17 06:40 PM

Yes, we are grown people. But having established that, we are different. I am inclined to believe that the KEYone will be launched in April. It's fine with me if I have to wait...

I hope all of you buying other phones due to not knowing the release date of the KEYone will enjoy your phone. Enjoy life. Whatever phone you buy.
    03-30-17 06:49 PM
    The dreaded word, "soon." Lol
    03-30-17 06:52 PM
    Yes, we are grown people. But having established that, we are different. I am inclined to believe that the KEYone will be launched in April. It's fine with me if I have to wait...

I hope all of you buying other phones due to not knowing the release date of the KEYone will enjoy your phone. Enjoy life. Whatever phone you buy.
    No need to be condescending. Not sure about others but the points I made several times is not that it won't be available in April but just the launch and getting hype (probably more then any BlackBerry since the day BB10 launched) and dragging it out for 4 months is a poor strategy and likely lost them potential customers. Great if you are willing to wait and are happy about it. The reality is, I want them to be successful and not only cater to people who will wait because many consumers aren't that way.
    Bure03 likes this.
    03-30-17 06:55 PM
    No need to be condescending. Not sure about others but the points I made several times is not that it won't be available in April but just the launch and getting hype (probably more then any BlackBerry since the day BB10 launched) and dragging it out for 4 months is a poor strategy and likely lost them potential customers. Great if you are willing to wait and are happy about it. The reality is, I want them to be successful and not only cater to people who will wait because many consumers aren't that way.
    I am very sincere in my hope that people enjoy their next phone. Not everyone can wait. If you buy another phone in the interim that we do not know the KEYone release date, so be it.
    03-30-17 07:09 PM
    Samsung s8 and s8+ are ready for 29 April, g6 already spotted in the wild... My finger is itching on the "buy" button for a new phone, I don't know how I can resist and I bet I'm not the only one.

TCL strategy is suicidal, all competitors are now available for preorder... we need a date, and now.
    Totally agree with OP.

I hope everyone who can't wait does indeed go out and purchase a different phone. The strategy will only change, if this strategy of theirs fails.
    03-30-17 07:10 PM
    Totally agree with OP.

I hope everyone who can't wait does indeed go out and purchase a different phone. The strategy will only change, if this strategy oh theirs fails.
    I, for one, enjoyed the early (some would say premature) teasers.

No one outside of Crackberry would have heard of them anyway. No harm done.
    03-30-17 07:12 PM
    Boss: I just got word on a great new bonus vacation program that will be available, are you interested?
    Emp: You bet, when will it start?
    Boss: Next month
    Emp: When next month?
    Boss: Not sure yet, still working out the details
    Emp: No, if I can't have it right now and you can't tell me exactly when next month, then I'm count me out

Sound familiar? Calm down, it's on it's way folks!
    G_Unit MVP likes this.
    03-30-17 07:17 PM
    I, for one, enjoyed the early (some would say premature) teasers.

No one outside of Crackberry would have heard of them anyway. No harm done.
    Um it was showcased at CES and MWC.....
    Boss: I just got word on a great new bonus vacation program that will be available, are you interested?
    Emp: You bet, when will it start?
    Boss: Next month
    Emp: When next month?
    Boss: Not sure yet, still working out the details
    Emp: No, if I can't have it right now and you can't tell me exactly when next month, then I'm count me out

Sound familiar? Calm down, it's on it's way folks!
    Um it was showcased at CES and MWC.....
    It was announced at MWC. It was only teased at CES to people who already cared - as were thousands of other gadgets.
    03-30-17 07:20 PM
    It was announced at MWC. It was only teased at CES - as were thousands of other gadgets.
    And with this you conclude to 'no one has heard of it outside cb' how?
    03-30-17 07:22 PM
    We're the only ones that already cared about the device itself, and were paying attention.

For TCL, CES was more about its Roku TV lineup, and talking about its licencing deal with BlackBerry.
    03-30-17 07:25 PM
    We say: be patient, you will be an ataman.
    03-30-17 07:26 PM
    Actually I have seen a few posting on Facebook about the device and are excited about coming back to BlackBerry
    03-30-17 07:26 PM
    Actually I have seen a few posting on Facebook about the device and are excited about coming back to BlackBerry
    Yes. MWC, on the other hand, made the device very public.
    Carjackd and jakie55 like this.
    03-30-17 07:28 PM
    ... and all those Prophets!
    03-30-17 07:35 PM
    Man if phone is released on May, we're going to see a lot anger ppl.

Posted via CB10
    This is the perfect example of how useless a thread like this is, nothing against you krazyatom! :-). "We need a release date NOW....". Well there you go, if you want to get a KEYone book a flight to Poland in early May. You have a date! In the meantime enjoy life, the phone you want so much is coming.

Passport. SQW100-1 OS 10.3.3.2163
    03-30-17 07:36 PM
    Yes. MWC, on the other hand, made the device very public.
    I agree. The release via MWC had people talking. In fact a couple of the posts I had seen were during MWC. As well, I was posting on Facebook about the phone, and I had quite a few in the discussion.
    03-30-17 07:38 PM
    Totally conceivable. Many other manufacturers have done just what you are insinuating TCL not being able to do. But either way, I am not going to throw a tantrum about it either.
    03-30-17 07:43 PM
    This is the perfect example of how useless a thread like this is, nothing against you krazyatom! :-). "We need a release date NOW....". Well there you go, if you want to get a KEYone book a flight to Poland in early May. You have a date! In the meantime enjoy life, the phone you want so much is coming.

Passport. SQW100-1 OS 10.3.3.2163
    How is a thread like this useless? It's data on actual blackberry customers.

Most non blackberry people wouldn't even consider waiting on a phone with no date.
    03-30-17 07:46 PM
615 ... 45678 ...