Galaxy S7, LG G5, BlackBerry Vienna and Microsoft Lumia: The biggest phones expected at MWC 2016

Hopefully this time new BB is priced at a more reasonable price point making it more appealing to everyone, instead of $700 Priv that even the most Blackberry die hearts just pushed off to the side. Hopefully it will be around $300 so we all can just buy it to try it out of curiosity, and if we don't like it, we can go back to our beloved BB10 devices. No such option with $700 priv..
    matador22 likes this.
    01-18-16 11:55 AM
    If BB Vienna is mentioned in the same sentence as S7,G5...I'd say it would be nowhere near 300...
    01-18-16 11:59 AM
    For 300. bucks we will not get much of a phone if it does not have decent flagship specs Android BB's are Done .
    01-18-16 12:08 PM
    John Chen mentioned it would be more affordable I think but $300 is not going to happen. I'm hoping for $550-600CAD or so. Well I guess that's pretty close to $300USD with how bad our dollar is...

Posted via CB10
    1khalid likes this.
    01-18-16 01:47 PM
    If BB Vienna is mentioned in the same sentence as S7,G5...I'd say it would be nowhere near 300...
    I know, It's a dream.. Seeing that Leap took 2 years to go down to $199, (what was it when it came out? $450?) and Passport is still over $500, I think they'll probably make Vienna about $500.. The sad thing is, there hasn't been enough Priv sales for us to start seeing Priv's on sale. I would gladly buy one for $400 (like how I bought my Z30 for $400) if I can spot one on CL or ebay, but non to be found so far.
    Let's keep waiting.. If PP could go down to $300's on 2nd hand market, Priv should hit there by end of the year.
    01-18-16 02:09 PM
    Chen - just take my money...I think I would like this much more than the Priv...sort of the way the Classic and PP should have been built not sure what they were thinking with the square. Love the Classic, never really got the Poptart form of the PP.

Posted via CB10
    bestee likes this.
    01-18-16 06:02 PM
    Chen - just take my money...I think I would like this much more than the Priv...sort of the way the Classic and PP should have been built not sure what they were thinking with the square. Love the Classic, never really got the Poptart form of the PP.

Posted via CB10
    I believe they were going for the 'passport' look more than the 'poptart' but I suppose you could easily get the two mixed up.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-16 06:05 PM
    Question is who's going to pre-order?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-18-16 09:19 PM
    ...instead of $700 Priv that even the most Blackberry die hearts just pushed off to the side.
    Most diehards that are pushing it aside are doing so because it is Android; not because of price.

John Chen mentioned it would be more affordable I think but $300 is not going to happen. I'm hoping for $550-600CAD or so. Well I guess that's pretty close to $300USD with how bad our dollar is...

Posted via CB10
    Chen said something to the effect that the next Android phone will be a premium handset and priced at the higher end of the mid-range phones. So it is more likely to be $500 - $550 USD.

He also said that this next Android may be announced "near" MWC and whether it is or is not will depend upon sales of the Priv.

Then again, who ever authored the article must be smoking something if he expects BlackBerry to release the Vienna one month after its debut at MWC.
    01-18-16 11:28 PM
    My buddy has a q10 and his contract is up in 4 months he wants this phone bad!

Posted via the Innovative Blackberry PRIV - Powered by Android
    01-18-16 11:35 PM
    Article still speculate 5.1.1 oh my...
    01-19-16 01:41 AM
    MWC is just over a month away, and still not a single word from BlackBerry about the rumored Vienna.
    01-19-16 11:17 AM
    i dont see it being available anytime soon. We have had no leaks really at all of the device which leads me to believe we still have 3-5 months atleast before in the hands of the public
    Jrox74 and TgeekB like this.
    01-19-16 11:20 AM
    i dont see it being available anytime soon. We have had no leaks really at all of the device which leads me to believe we still have 3-5 months atleast before in the hands of the public
    I agree, we haven't had a single photograph or any leaks from parts suppliers.
    01-19-16 03:33 PM

That reminds me the Priv's appearance like a year before it was released. Remember the picture of the guy holding it up to the crowd and everyone going nuts over "curved edges" and trying to blow the picture to see if it's running BBOS or Android..?
    We've had non of this about Vienna, so yeah, I guess it won't be released. We might be just teased with it, a prototype or something, but even then this means no Vienna for at least 6 more months.
    01-19-16 03:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    Have you seen the exchange rates on the CAD lately? If the Vienna were released in the next couple weeks, it would probably be around the same price of the PRIV. Loonie is doing absolutely terrible right now.
    01-19-16 03:40 PM
    If its a BB1O I'm in!

Posted via Z30
    01-19-16 03:47 PM
    I would hope they introduce the device between the 500-549 US mark. I think in today's market this would be a reasonable price.
    wilber1 likes this.
    01-19-16 04:54 PM
    If its a BB1O I'm in!

Posted via Z30
    ok, you're out then
    wincyUt, kvndoom, Omnitech and 1 others like this.
    01-19-16 05:45 PM
    I agree, we haven't had a single photograph or any leaks from parts suppliers.
    It such a snoozefest anywhere but within the CB walls. Smart play would be a VZW priv and vienna co-launch maybe they would even spend.$.35 loonies on advertising.

Posted via CB10
    cyrilfournier likes this.
    01-19-16 05:59 PM
    Many of us have been waiting for a CDMA Priv. Unfortunately, by the time the phone hits a Verizon Store, with its clueless sales staff, it will probably be too late to save the sales #s in the US.

It's been 2 1/2 months since BBRY launched the phone. Why wasn't the CDMA version in front of the FCC in October? It was 1st approved at the end of December.UGH!!!
    PJD642, Johnny Dollar and DJM626 like this.
    01-19-16 11:10 PM
    If it's priced that low then either BlackBerry are being very generous or it's a mid range phone.

BlackBerry are never generous so go figure.
    01-20-16 04:12 AM
    I thought this was going to be more of a mid-rage product, lower price than the PRIV.... which means lower specs/quality.

But while they many announce it (like they did the PRIV last year), I wouldn't look for it to be going on sale anytime soon. Guy was quoting CrackBerry from a month ago and some renders that were posted here... and guessing a lot.

I'd be shocked if the Vienna gets released with Android 5.1.... Chen has said Marshmellow is coming in the 1 Quarter, and this phone won't. It will be easier for BlackBerry to have all devices on one version of Android, plus I'm thinking that BlackBerry needs some of the features of Marshmallow for their own ability to secure the phones better.
    01-20-16 08:22 AM
    I'd be happy if it was something like a Snapdragon 617/650/652, 3GB of RAM, 12MP camera, etc.

Big part of the high price of the Priv is the curved OLED screen and sliding mechanism for the keyboard. Vienna will have neither of those and will be priced accordingly.
    01-20-16 02:07 PM
    Oh, and a fingerprint sensor. Sound like a small thing, but I will not buy a phone without it.
    01-20-16 02:08 PM
48 12