With the recent layoffs, will blackberry continue with the vienna or will priv be the last blackberry? I really hate to say it but it seems that the layoffs were mostly in devices and that leads me to wonder that since they were already basically at as low as they can go and still make devices have they crossed the line and ended devices?

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 03:18 PM
    I bet ya Bla1ze knows

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    02-05-16 03:20 PM
    Let's hope BlackBerry doesn't waste any more money on Crapdroid.
    02-05-16 05:32 PM
    Don't worry, pretty sure they won't.

In fact they won't waste any more money on any more devices.

Wanna bet that they just realized they couldn't get any certifications for Android, so they decided to say screw the whole thing?

I bet our Privs will get the 6.0 update (maybe) and then there will be another huge round of layoffs, and they will only focus on BES and EMM development.

Posted via -sigh- Priv. Guess we have to get used to Android guys....
    02-05-16 06:31 PM
    The longer it goes without any new news of Vienna the Worse it looks for it to become a reality .
    Luke Beauchamp likes this.
    02-06-16 07:45 AM
    They will not release news about a device that could cannibalize the sales of their all-start product until that device is ready for launch.
    Do you know anything about how a business works?
    02-06-16 09:42 AM
    BlackBerry isn't a business. It's an insane asylum by the detainees.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2813 / T-Mobile
    02-06-16 09:50 AM
    Was it ever alive?
    02-06-16 03:59 PM
    With the recent layoffs, will blackberry continue with the vienna or will priv be the last blackberry? I really hate to say it but it seems that the layoffs were mostly in devices and that leads me to wonder that since they were already basically at as low as they can go and still make devices have they crossed the line and ended devices?

Posted via CB10
    I hope it is Vienna isn't a attractive phone to me need more touch screen type or an updated spec priv

Posted via CB10
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    02-06-16 05:24 PM
    Better to waste even more money on BB10? What should they do, keep throwing money at BB10 until they reach an even 10 billion dollars wasted on it? Or should they simply exit hardware altogether now? Either way, they only have two options left that have any shot of helping their situation and neither one include that almost universally unwanted operating system that should have been aborted.
    02-06-16 10:06 PM
    I know that the Priv was leaking like crazy to the media and that John Chen took the unusual habit of semi launching the device via Q3 earnings call.

Perhaps they were a lot more diligent with the Vienna in order to keep some of the fluff in their Mobile World Congress pillow.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 12:28 AM
    I really hate to say it but it seems that the layoffs were mostly in devices
    You don't know that. That's purely speculation and rumours.

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe and Mr4aces like this.
    02-07-16 04:55 AM
    Dead? Lol! It doesn't even exist.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 05:29 AM
    If they decide no Vienna and no more hardware, and decide to focus on security, I'll be a happy shareholder. The stock price goes down everytime BlackBerry indicates the possibility of a new device.

Posted via CB10
    SMocek likes this.
    02-07-16 09:14 AM
    They will not release news about a device that could cannibalize the sales of their all-start product until that device is ready for launch.
    Do you know anything about how a business works?
    we may know how business works but bb doesnt they are the opposite of turning everything they touch into gold
    devin266 and mad_mdx like this.
    02-07-16 09:51 AM
    Lol okay. If BlackBerry doesn't "waste any more money on Crapdroid " then it means it's bowing out of hardware because it sure as heck isn't spending more on BB10. If they bow out of hardware, I don't see why the average consumer who buys their devices would even care what they do as a company afterwards. Which brings us to the question, why are you still here? Them having left BB10 behind is to BB10 die hards such as yourself them bowing out of hardware.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 10:26 AM
    Don't worry, pretty sure they won't.

In fact they won't waste any more money on any more devices.

Wanna bet that they just realized they couldn't get any certifications for Android, so they decided to say screw the whole thing?

I bet our Privs will get the 6.0 update (maybe) and then there will be another huge round of layoffs, and they will only focus on BES and EMM development.

Posted via -sigh- Priv. Guess we have to get used to Android guys....
    The cracks are starting to show it seems. We're 4 months in since launch of the PRIV, with no news of the Marshmallow update. With BlackBerry's trackrecord as of late, it is perfectly safe to assume it may never materialize, and if it does, it will be severely late. Their Android implementation is deficient, the device is of sub-par quality. I too think they're done with HW.
    02-07-16 11:01 AM
    So much doom and gloom in here. You guys must be fun at parties.
    Lol!
    FF22, Shadowyugi, Jrox74 and 4 others like this.
    02-07-16 11:45 AM
    Well folks, I look at it in a different perspective. Blackberry is at a crossroads, they have invested in security technology and purchased some well respected security companies like Good. OS10 still has to be supported for a while yet, because there are enterprise customers out there who are not going to rush out and buy new devices when Blackberry has a contractional agreement to support the current OS10 devices they already have.

As far as the hardware side of the business, Chen was quite clear when he stated that if the sales numbers don't justify the means, then they will have to make that tough decision whether to abandon the hardware side of the business. I have told my friends who still have Blackberry OS10 devices and love them to not panic and jump ship quite yet, the device support will have to be around for a while yet and their devices will still be operational.

I still believe the future of any company who will be producing smartphones will be based on one of two platforms, Android or IOS and since Apple IOS is not being licensed to other manufacturers at this point in time, that leaves only one choice left whether you choose to accept it or not. Windows mobile has proven to be a dismal failure and look at how much capital and resources where poured into that with nothing to show for at the end of the tunnel.

As far as if the Vienna becoming reality? well the next quarterly results should tell if it would be worth the risk of putting up the capital required to get another product into production if the current Priv sales numbers don't show any promise? It's all speculative up to this point and we will have to wait and see what the future holds? For myself, I am here for the long haul, Just my two cents worth.
    Panda_Bread_BB and pavlickk like this.
    02-07-16 11:57 AM
    I really hope not. I was hoping there would be some more news on it by now. My contract ran out in January, but I've been eyeing the Vienna for a while now. If it is dead I might have to jump ship. I don't like Android anyway but if it was a BlackBerry then I could look past that. I swore that I would never buy an iPhone, but it looks increasingly likely...

Posted via CB10
    Wybrem and Killjoyhere like this.
    02-07-16 12:30 PM
    I don't like Android anyway but if it was a BlackBerry then I could look past that. I swore that I would never buy an iPhone, but it looks increasingly likely...
    Why would a BlackBerry Android be any better than a Samsung Android?
    acovey and Killjoyhere like this.
    02-07-16 01:03 PM
    My wish is for a compact keyboard device.
    02-07-16 01:07 PM
    My wish is for a compact keyboard device.
    With a smaller screen like the Classic? There's way too much clutter and junk on the screen of a typical Android device to cram into a small Classic sized screen.
    Q10Bold and andy957 like this.
    02-07-16 01:16 PM
    No. The Vienna is not dead. I am amazed at how many people won't do basic research. While the article doesn't specifically mention the Vienna, it does confirm BlackBerry's intention to release more Android phones in 2016. Surely, the Vienna would likely be among them.

http://www.sciencetimes.com/articles...phone-year.htm

Z10, 10.3.2.858, MPJ 5000 mAh extended battery.
    02-07-16 01:23 PM
    With a smaller screen like the Classic? There's way too much clutter and junk on the screen of a typical Android device to cram into a small Classic sized screen.
    A Track Pad and Tool Box like on the Classic or a Keyboard like the Passport or Priv can replace the on screen clutter.
    Luke Beauchamp likes this.
    02-07-16 01:25 PM
255 123 ...