If the fools at BlackBerry would just listen to their loyal base:

Build it with high quality materials
    Integrate top Bb security into Android
    Continue with the Hub!
    Have the Best camera period!
    World class marketing campaign
    Roll out with Verizon and then Sprint, AT&T, and the can with string TMobile

They would be the comeback story of the year. Listen to your customers and give them what they want. Cool marketing creates converts from that other phone from Cupertino...

Posted via CB10
    AmarkalamThala, phuoc and tx ram like this.
    01-16-16 03:13 AM
    yeah and no keyboard. sorry, that ship has sailed for many many VZW customers. Many are off to Android like me
    tx ram likes this.
    01-16-16 08:39 AM
    yeah and no keyboard. sorry, that ship has sailed for many many VZW customers. Many are off to Android like me
    I know you were a big Blackberry fan previously, Jaydee. I am probably going to have to move to Android with no options from BB available and my Z10 on it's last leg, but I am not sure which one. Which did you choose and what was your reasoning? I am also on Verizon.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    quincyg likes this.
    01-22-16 06:22 PM
    Enjoy your Androids folks .
    01-23-16 07:56 AM
    I'm personally going to still go with the Priv, and primarily keep the physical keyboard closed. It doesn't seem to offer much bulk to the phone and while closed the Priv is essentially an Android full-touch device without the compromise of physical buttons. I'd prefer the Priv to other Android flagships because 1) I've never fully used Android before and would like a gradual submersion into the platform, and 2) I'm hoping for more BB10-centric features like Blend, out of the box remote file access, and continued improvements to the BB10 software keyboard (yes I know it's based off of Swiftkey)

Posted via CB10
    01-23-16 11:02 AM
    The vienna is going to be my Q5 upgrade BECAUSE of the physical keyboard!

Hopefully, the vienna's keyboard is just as great as my amazing little beast's!

Posted from CB10 on my awesome Q5
    Johnny Dollar likes this.
    01-23-16 02:02 PM
    All this fuss over literally one render.
    01-23-16 02:32 PM
    All this fuss over literally one render.
    We have no lives

"A cow pie ain't something you bring to the county fair "
    jas1978 likes this.
    01-23-16 05:23 PM
    If the fools at BlackBerry would just listen to their loyal base:

Build it with high quality materials
    Integrate top Bb security into Android
    Continue with the Hub!
    Have the Best camera period!
    World class marketing campaign
    Roll out with Verizon and then Sprint, AT&T, and the can with string TMobile

They would be the comeback story of the year. Listen to your customers and give them what they want. Cool marketing creates converts from that other phone from Cupertino...

Posted via CB10
    If they had hired Chen instead of promoting Thor.... things might have been different.

As is, I believe the PRIV "success" will greatly affect the Vienna acceptance by Carrier and others....
    01-27-16 03:07 PM
    By rolling out Verizon/Sprint before AT&T/TMO, you're also saying that Blackberry will put the Canadian carriers on the back burner, due to the legacy technologies each carrier supports.

I do believe Blackberry will do a better job getting their CDMA model into consumers hands, but their is just so much more money that could be made by focusing on the UMTS/GSM model.
    01-28-16 08:57 PM
    I know you were a big Blackberry fan previously, Jaydee. I am probably going to have to move to Android with no options from BB available and my Z10 on it's last leg, but I am not sure which one. Which did you choose and what was your reasoning? I am also on Verizon.

How impatient are you?... just get the Priv when it comes out within the next month or two.
    01-28-16 09:00 PM
    By rolling out Verizon/Sprint before AT&T/TMO, you're also saying that Blackberry will put the Canadian carriers on the back burner, due to the legacy technologies each carrier supports.

I do believe Blackberry will do a better job getting their CDMA model into consumers hands, but their is just so much more money that could be made by focusing on the UMTS/GSM model.
    Not really considering there is little difference in building the CDMA model during the GSM run. I mean, the Z10 launched on AT&T, T-Mo, and Verizon all within one week of each other with Verizon launching the day after AT&T.

Considering that the Priv is still nowhere to be seen at Verizon as it continues its world-wide rollout....
    01-28-16 10:33 PM
    Not really considering there is little difference in building the CDMA model during the GSM run. I mean, the Z10 launched on AT&T, T-Mo, and Verizon all within one week of each other with Verizon launching the day after AT&T.

Considering that the Priv is still nowhere to be seen at Verizon as it continues its world-wide rollout....
    Patience my friend. And your statement about their being little difference in building a CDMA/GSM model is untrue, but I'd rather not get into the technical details.
    01-28-16 10:55 PM
    Patience my friend. And your statement about their being little difference in building a CDMA/GSM model is untrue, but I'd rather not get into the technical details.
    Both BlackBerry/Chen and Verizon made the announcement two months ago that the Priv was coming to Verizon. "Coming soon" they both said. Then finally Jeff Nelson (Verizon) tweets that it will roll out at the end of March (if not sooner). Patience, right.

As for the differences between building a CDMA/GSM phone, please, enlighten me. What I was getting at is that either BlackBerry could put the order in for the CDMA version at the same time as the GSM or they could build the CDMA version shortly afterwards and then roll out on all networks simultaneously as they did with the Z10 (seeing as how the "GSM" version launched in the U.K. like three months prior).

Don't matter, those of on Verizon are going to get this device 4 - 5 months after it has launched in the U.S. Some allude to Verizon being at "fault" here, others, BlackBerry. If this Vienna ever becomes reality, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on Verizon.
    01-29-16 04:22 PM
    If they had hired Chen instead of promoting Thor.... things might have been different.

Oh yes, they would have definitely been different. Not sure for the better though, I'm afraid.

Chen is not a visionary, he's a fire-sale and cleanup artist. From what I can tell, the Priv and Passport were designed on Heins' watch. (Tho there is some evidence the Priv was originally conceptualized as a BB10 device)

If Chen had taken over in 2012, I feel like his first device design would have been a "Bold 9975" or something. :P

That said, Chen was the right guy for the job in other ways, considering when he was hired. His tenure reminds me of Eric Schmidt's stint at Novell before he went to Google. Sometimes you just don't have much to work with..
    02-04-16 12:31 AM

Have you guys heard of this thing called the Priv?!
    Lol...
    It has competitive specs with the best Android phones on the market, and better than most.
    It's coming to Verizon.
    It's full touch, HD 5.4 inches.
    That slide out keyboard thing?
    It DOUBLES as a trackpad, and - oh yes - it is OPTIONAL. (aka, you can type using the virtual keyboard)

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 06:15 PM
    The PRIV is too expensive... should be at least $50 to 100 cheaper than an S6. It seems like a beta device to me. Should be higher than an LG but less than the Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 08:47 PM
    Have you guys heard of this thing called the Priv?!
    Lol...
    It has competitive specs with the best Android phones on the market, and better than most.
    It's coming to Verizon.
    It's full touch, HD 5.4 inches.
    That slide out keyboard thing?
    It DOUBLES as a trackpad, and - oh yes - it is OPTIONAL. (aka, you can type using the virtual keyboard)

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it is COMING to Verizon but isn't there yet and we still don't know when it will be. I needed a phone because my Z10 was dying, as I originally said. Plus, I like the larger screen, but not the sliding keyboard. In order to get the stationary keyboard I would have to wait God knows how long and I just didn't have anymore time to wait. I ended up going with an LG G4. I added a few of my Blackberry favorites .....Hub, Calendar, and Keyboard and I am learning how to get used to Android.

Had the first Blackberry/Android not been a slider, I may have tried to eek a little more time out of my Z10, but I just don't want a slider and I didn't want to pay that much money for a phone I don't like.
    02-05-16 07:10 PM
    any clues or guesses on what the name of the device will be at launch?
    02-07-16 10:40 PM