Not sure if the units going around have it or not, but had anyone tried to connect the K1 to a HDMI cable and output video to a TV?

This is one feature I'm really hoping for and has kept me away from the DTEK.
    mister2d likes this.
    03-23-17 06:31 PM
    Not sure if the units going around have it or not, but had anyone tried to connect the K1 to a HDMI cable and output video to a TV?

I doubt it since you can do that wirelessly with Chromecast or Miracast on Android.
    03-23-17 06:45 PM
    I doubt it since you can do that wirelessly with Chromecast or Miracast on Android.
    True but much harder to do when traveling. I prefer to just connect through hdmi.
    FF22 and mister2d like this.
    03-23-17 06:47 PM
    True but much harder to do when traveling. I prefer to just connect through hdmi.
    You might want to invest in a Chromecast dongle for your travels then.
    03-23-17 06:49 PM
    You might want to invest in a Chromecast dongle for your travels then.
    Yea I have one. But don't you still need an internet connection to connect it to wifi in order to use?
    03-23-17 06:50 PM
    I'd say no. If it's not on the spec list it's not a feature. The only device smartphone I know of that has HDMI out is the LG G5. Even the Google Pixel devices do not support HDMI out.
    03-23-17 06:52 PM

Chromecast and HDMI are completely different.

But I'd like to see if this works
    03-23-17 06:52 PM
    Chromecast and HDMI are completely different.

But I'd like to see if this works
    Yes, Chromecast requires a WiFi connection.

And there's nothing in the official K1 specs about HDMI.
    03-23-17 06:56 PM
    Yes, Chromecast requires a WiFi connection.

And there's nothing in the official K1 specs about HDMI.
    So yea. Then a Chromecast is useless if you don't have an internet connection. On a cruise - I don't pay for internet, so she just connect to hdmi.
    03-23-17 07:06 PM
    So yea. Then a Chromecast is useless if you don't have an internet connection. On a cruise - I don't pay for internet, so she just connect to hdmi.
    Might be worth using an old BB10 device with an SD card just for portable video then.
    gruv4u likes this.
    03-23-17 07:28 PM
    Dtek 60 uses v2.0 right?

Pixel uses
    v3.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector

And on gsmarena the KEYone is listed as using
    v3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go

What's the USB type-c spec that is needed to use hdmi out?

http://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/HDM...eUSBTypeC.aspx

Haven't had a chance to look at it but maybe it still comes down to the manufacturer allowing it but both the KEYone and the LG G5 allow for USB on the go according to gsmarena
    v3.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go

Some one said LG G5 can do hdmi out but couldn't find it on gsmarena specs? Maybe one of those modules?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by zensen; 03-23-17 at 10:15 PM.
    03-23-17 10:03 PM
    USB-C devices that support the MHL (Mobile High-definition Link) standard can output HDMI video, but there is nothing is the KEYone specifications about MHL.
    03-23-17 11:51 PM
    USB-C devices that support the MHL (Mobile High-definition Link) standard can output HDMI video, but there is nothing is the KEYone specifications about MHL.
    1. An HDMI cable
    2. An OTG (On-The-Go) USB adaptor or MHL adaptor
    3. A TV with an HDMI connection
    4. Your mobile device

www.samsung.com/uk/support/skp/faq/110865

I'm assuming what's said on here will be somewhat universal if it supports USB OTG?

Never had a USB OTG device. Still haven't had a chance to read my previous link yet

Posted via CB10
    03-24-17 01:05 AM
    No MHL or Slimport??????? I use these when i travel. The Priv has Slimport. So why not the KEYone?

Posted via CB10
    03-24-17 02:20 AM
    Yea I have one. But don't you still need an internet connection to connect it to wifi in order to use?
    You mean a connection to the internet? No. Chrome makes its own private wifi connection to your computer or Android phone.
    03-24-17 09:52 AM
    You mean a connection to the internet? No. Chrome makes its own private wifi connection to your computer or Android phone.
    No you don't need an external connection to the Internet to connect from one device to another on a local area network, but you do need a router to supply IP addresses for that LAN and to route the connection from one device to another.
    03-24-17 09:58 AM
    1. An HDMI cable
    2. An OTG (On-The-Go) USB adaptor or MHL adaptor
    3. A TV with an HDMI connection
    4. Your mobile device

www.samsung.com/uk/support/skp/faq/110865

I'm assuming what's said on here will be somewhat universal if it supports USB OTG?

Never had a USB OTG device. Still haven't had a chance to read my previous link yet
    USB-C is a serial interface standard which supports the use of OTG hardware adapters.

The MHL (Mobile High-definition Link) standard is a video standard that may or may not be supported by a device with a USB-C connector. An MLH adapter cable provides a USB-C - HDMI hardware connection which will only work if the device also supports the MHL video standard.

While TCL does make some phones that do support MHL, including several versions of the Alcatel ONE TOUCH, the DTEKs do not support MHL and there is no indication that the the KEYone does.
    03-24-17 10:10 AM
    I'd love to have a phone that can replace my laptop. The processing power is there, so I would love to just plug in some peripherals (monitor, keyboard, etc.) and have a UI that allows me to do my basic desktop functions. Email, web browser, whatever. Why do I still need to carry a separate laptop this day in age? Give me a device that I can plug into a monitor.
    03-24-17 10:13 AM
    I'd love to have a phone that can replace my laptop. The processing power is there, so I would love to just plug in some peripherals (monitor, keyboard, etc.) and have a UI that allows me to do my basic desktop functions. Email, web browser, whatever. Why do I still need to carry a separate laptop this day in age? Give me a device that I can plug into a monitor.
    Seriously. This is where BlackBerry was going with BB10. It's unfortunate what happened.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-24-17 11:40 AM
    Check out The Superbook by Sentio if you have and extra $119 kicking around.
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-28-17 10:21 PM
    I do this right now with my Priv. I cast (not chromecast, just cast) to a 32" led to for my monitor. Use Bluetooth keyboard and mouse to control the phone. I don't believe I need to use a router to get the TV and phone to talk, as I have done this in places without wifi.
    03-28-17 10:37 PM
    Yeah, this is a thousand times more important to travelers and businesspeople than Chromecrap.

Posted via CB10
    mister2d likes this.
    03-29-17 01:26 AM
    Check out The Superbook by Sentio if you have and extra $119 kicking around.
    Waiting on mine (and we think that waiting til April is Bad? Sentio was delayed for what? six months? But it will be awesome when I get it!
    03-29-17 01:38 AM
    Judging by the responses in here the KEYone will most likely not support it (USB C output to HDMI) but I'm glad it at least supports USB OTG (according to GSMarena).

Having said that neither OTG, HDMI, MHL is mentioned in the official user guide or BlackBerry Mobile specs page.

Now that the KEYone is out (limited as it may be) can anyone back this up and give it a go?

Posted via CB10
    04-30-17 03:58 PM
    I also would like someone to confirm!
    But, I highly doubt it as I have done a lot of research into it since CES. My understanding is this would have basically been the basically one of the first devices on the market with MHL support referring to the timing in a spec document from the HDMI folks I read.

But HDMI out is a hallmark of BlackBerry’s I think and having gone from an iPhone (2011-2015) to a Q10, it is one point on my developed (now that smartphones are a mature market) list of ‘must-have features” that my experience with the Q10 taught me- basically FM radio, SD card and HDMI out are killer features!
    I work the graveyard shift and we all take breaks at the same time, so I would download TV shows, use Blend to drop them onto my Q10 and then hijack the TV in the staffroom to show the latest Last Week Tonight, Always Sunny or American Dad- this was the experience that really made me go- **** I love this phone.

And yes- it made people jealous of my BlackBerry. I guess since you can pick up Q10s for $80-120 bucks now and they’re still going strong I’ll have to keep one as my ‘iPod’ or pocket media player so I can load it up with media and hijack TVs. It’s also really nice when you’re on a date, you can plug into any screen and have 50 gigs of movies and TV shows in the palm of your hand, if you can’t find anything on Netflix or you’re in a bedroom and their roommates are in the living room ������

It sucks since TCL is know for their TVs, but, I expect the next TCL BlackBerry to have it!
    Let's not forget there's another device coming.....
    And more after...

And is quite possible that BlackBerry OS 10 might live on as the OS for TCL TVs.
    I would love to see TCL+BlackBerry pool resources to buy Roku and mash it with QNX/BBOS10.
    (Considering TCL makes basically the best 'mainstream' or 'commodity' smart-tvs based on Roku software.

*** First post baby ***
    Last edited by 613x705; 04-30-17 at 10:12 PM.
    04-30-17 07:47 PM
51 123