05-18-17 11:03 PM
    Here:
    Attached Thumbnails US BlackBerry mobile site : available 31 May-27626.jpg  
    05-18-17 11:04 PM
    There you go USA KEYone fans. Time to Pre Register so you get to find out who will actually sell it. Unlocked or Carrier?
    05-18-17 11:08 PM
    There you go USA KEYone fans. Time to Pre Register so you get to find out who will actually sell it. Unlocked or Carrier?
    Don't do it!! You'll never hear a peep from them until probably two weeks after it's been released lolol. Better to just check the forums here instead. You'll get way faster updates here than you'll ever get from them.
    05-18-17 11:32 PM
    It's been said repeatedly that only the unlocked version will be available in the US until at least some time later in the summer. This has been repeated many times.

So if you are waiting on a carrier branded model, keep on waiting.
    05-19-17 12:10 AM
    That's pretty specific. Still glad i pre-registered. After weeks weeks of nothing an email saying May 31st. Well worth it.
    05-19-17 06:40 AM
    I did finally receive an email from Blackberry mobile saying it will be available on the 31st, so I am guessing there will be no preorders for the folks here in the USA?
    05-19-17 06:52 AM
    It's been said repeatedly that only the unlocked version will be available in the US until at least some time later in the summer. This has been repeated many times.

So if you are waiting on a carrier branded model, keep on waiting.
    Who said that, forum posters? :-). I believe only BlackBerry Mobile (TCL) has made announcements that date being May 31st. They didn't specify unlocked only. I guess we will see on the 31st. Sprint themselves only announced for later summer.
    05-19-17 07:24 AM
    Who said that, forum posters? :-). I believe only BlackBerry Mobile (TCL) has made announcements that date being May 31st. They didn't specify unlocked only. I guess we will see on the 31st. Sprint themselves only announced for later summer.
    No. Common sense. They've confirmed unlocked on the 31st. Sprint later this summer, and are "working to bring it to other carriers" .

Don't you think that they'd let this carrier secret out of the bag if it existed? I mean, they told you about Sprint.

I'm no Nostradamus, I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be holding my breath. Hopefully I'm pleasantly suprised. :-)
    05-19-17 07:33 AM
    No. Common sense. They've confirmed unlocked on the 31st. Sprint later this summer, and are "working to bring it to other carriers" .

Don't you think that they'd let this carrier secret out of the bag if it existed? I mean, they told you about Sprint.

I'm no Nostradamus, I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be holding my breath. Hopefully I'm pleasantly suprised. :-)
    But will Sprint still support it when they merge with T-Mobile?? All the scuddlebug on the interwebs recently say It's going to happen.
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    05-19-17 12:55 PM
    But will Sprint still support it when they merge with T-Mobile?? All the scuddlebug on the interwebs recently say It's going to happen.
    Good question, but I'd imagine it would be a phased acquisition similar to Sprint/Nextel. It looks like you'd be fine in any case with U.S. Ver. 2 as it has CDMA and band 12.
    05-19-17 01:40 PM
    So as a Sprint user am i able to just purchase from BB on the 31st and take in to Sprint to activate it or will i need to wait until summer when they get it?
    Last edited by TheHonkey#AC; 05-20-17 at 03:04 AM.
    05-20-17 02:40 AM
    That would be a concern for every Sprint phone. Doesn't make business sense for T-Mo to purchase Sprint, and then shutoff all their new customers. They'd do better just burning the investment dollars, were that the case.
    05-20-17 08:10 AM
    So as a Sprint user am i able to just purchase from BB on the 31st and take in to Sprint to activate it or will i need to wait until summer when they get it?
    https://www.sprint.com/en/landings/b...own-phone.html
    05-20-17 08:11 AM
    I did finally receive an email from Blackberry mobile saying it will be available on the 31st, so I am guessing there will be no preorders for the folks here in the USA?
    The way things have been going, May 31st might be the pre-order date.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    05-20-17 08:20 AM
    Just what the heck is pre registering anyway?? Either you register or you don't. Are they making you register to be registered?
    05-20-17 01:14 PM
    Just what the heck is pre registering anyway?? Either you register or you don't. Are they making you register to be registered?
    Exactly. What a waste of time. I don't want to register to register; what is this, tickets for a Stones concert? "Register to get a wristband, which will let you then register for tickets."

I just want to register my name and email.

Actually, I did--and it worked. When TCL was ready to communicate with me, they knew where to find me.
    05-20-17 01:16 PM
    I am not sure exactly what I pre-registered for. I've gotten one email from BlackBerry Mobile telling me what I already knew. Once again I am positive TCL has never dealt with fans such as that are on CrackBerry.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-20-17 01:50 PM
    Keep in mind that pre-registering also gives them some idea of the interest. Whether u get info from them or not, it tells them you're interested.

In Canada we got the first email from them on the 18th saying pre-orders were live at Rogers. We all already knew this but... just for the sake of giving them an idea how many people are interested, I think it would be prudent to pre-register

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-20-17 02:22 PM
    So that's a no then? I don't see any blackberry devices on that BYOD list at this point. Why would anyone with Sprint purchase this on the 31st if you can't just bring it in and activate it?
    05-20-17 03:58 PM
    So that's a no then? I don't see any blackberry devices on that BYOD list at this point. Why would anyone with Sprint purchase this on the 31st if you can't just bring it in and activate it?
    It's a yes. They haven't had a BlackBerry they could put on the list yet. TCL isn't building a special version just for them.
    TheHonkey#AC likes this.
    05-20-17 06:44 PM

Is that like 'preboarding' the aircraft? Boarding the plane before anyone gets to board the plane?
    05-20-17 08:56 PM
    Keep in mind that pre-registering also gives them some idea of the interest. Whether u get info from them or not, it tells them you're interested.

In Canada we got the first email from them on the 18th saying pre-orders were live at Rogers. We all already knew this but... just for the sake of giving them an idea how many people are interested, I think it would be prudent to pre-register

Posted via CB10
    Then why don't they just call it registering? "Register and we'll keep you abreast of the latest news, availability, sale date...........whatever"

Wouldn't that give them an idea of interest AND also give them a list of emails to do their mass communications?
    05-21-17 07:55 PM
    "Sign up now for exclusive BlackBerry KEYone pre order offers."

To me that sounds like there may be a benefit to signing up. Maybe a bundle offer?

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-21-17 08:52 PM
    France is in the "Pre-Register" phase also.

US BlackBerry mobile site : available 31 May-img_20170522_070333.png
    05-22-17 12:08 AM
35 12