I can't agree with that for the PKB though. It's not very accurate.
    I tried using the KEYone one handed and was very happy.
    slagman5 likes this.
    03-05-17 06:26 PM
    I tried using the KEYone one handed and was very happy.
    I was referring using to the swipe typing on top of the physical keys...
    03-05-17 06:34 PM
    Was referring to a feature like on the samsung phones where it can detect being in your pocket and disable the home button so it doesn't constantly wake up by the home button being pressed. They use the proximity sensor to turn off the keyboard when it senses complete darkness.
    03-05-17 07:23 PM
    I went to the event yesterday and it was wonderful. So much food that we could not finish it all. Met many interesting people and had some memorable conversations. The KEYone was a delight to handle. Like my current phone though, I will need to use a Spigen Style Ring to allow me to spread my wrists further for a more comfortable typing experience.
    BigBadWulf and Anilu7 like this.
    03-05-17 08:43 PM
    Come on Chicago!!!
    Chicago yes!!!

Tmommy in Oak Park

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-05-17 09:09 PM
    Yes drawing finger over letter to create words. It's available on both VKB and PKB on the Priv
    I had no idea you could do that on the physical keyboard so didn't even think to try it, sorry.
    03-06-17 12:09 AM
    There's a switch in settings / keyboard changer where you can display the virtual keyboard even when the physical keyboard is "present".
    Someone who tells tall tales reckons that you (and others) didn't see the vkb feature cos somewhere along the line they were told there wasn't a vkb on the Key1 ....

I suggested they post here and ask, but they're gutless ....

I also suggested to them that perhaps prior pre release versions didn't have the vkb, but instead they denigrated people like yourself who have seen it.

Thank you for your posts
    03-06-17 12:11 AM
    So there IS a virtual keyboard as well. I thought I has caught the drift that there is one but a lot of people don't realize it. If it operates like the Priv, it can come in handy for a few things. I almost never use my virtual keyboard except sometimes for symbols.
    Yes, when you hit the Symbol key, you get the virtual keyboard like the Passport one. To get the next set of symbols you hit it again. And to get rid of it you hit it a third time. Took me a minute to figure out as it's not like the Passport swipe down to get the symbols and it's not a straight pkb type Alt + letter as on the Q10 or Classic. Caveat - I didn't try the Symbol/letter key combination, I went with the virtual as I'm a Passport user so familiar with that setup.
    anon(3641385) and BigBadWulf like this.
    03-06-17 12:18 AM
    So it seems noone who has had the phone in their hands said it was a useless pile of'crap? Seems KEYone qualifies for my next phone so!

By the way what was the backlight problem?
    No backlight problem that I could see.
    03-06-17 12:27 AM
    Toronto CrackBerry Meetup Mar 4th, 2017-img_1959.jpg
    Middle of the keyboard on the pre-production units isn't lit
    Kevin's was.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-06-17 12:30 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1959.jpg 
Views:	663 
Size:	166.9 KB 
ID:	418684

Kevin's was.
    They've improved the builds even since Barcelona. It's a non-issue now.

Toronto CrackBerry Meetup Mar 4th, 2017-16908153_613124362211960_4720079117393854464_n.jpg
    03-06-17 12:52 AM
    Wait I'm lost. Did I read there is a meet up in Chicago?
    03-06-17 12:56 AM
    Wait I'm lost. Did I read there is a meet up in Chicago?
    No, just people hoping for one.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-06-17 12:57 AM
    I think people are reading too much into it, 1 speaker, 2 grills, block one grill still comes out the other. If ppl want crazy sound lots of options for speakers etc. I can't wait till this phone is released so I don't have to read stuff anymore lol
    Lmao....youre gonna be reading a lot more when the phone is released. There's a lotta people out there who are waiting to pounce on anything they can as long as it's BlackBerry related. To them, nothing good comes out of BlackBerry anymore. They'll complain about the position of the power key, the specs, etc....but when apple makes the exact same thing, it would be termed the greatest innovation of the year. Just wait and see what you'd hear once the device is released....lol

Posted via CB10
    03-06-17 01:01 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1959.jpg 
Views:	663 
Size:	166.9 KB 
ID:	418684

Kevin's was.
    The preprod units at the meetup was still not perfectly even though, it's noticeable in-person. I'm sure the final ones will be okay.
    03-06-17 06:25 AM
    Yes, when you hit the Symbol key, you get the virtual keyboard like the Passport one. To get the next set of symbols you hit it again. And to get rid of it you hit it a third time. Took me a minute to figure out as it's not like the Passport swipe down to get the symbols and it's not a straight pkb type Alt + letter as on the Q10 or Classic. Caveat - I didn't try the Symbol/letter key combination, I went with the virtual as I'm a Passport user so familiar with that setup.
    The fact that you couldn't swipe down to get the symbols to pop is likely because it was a pre production unit or that swipe typing was actually turned on. On the Priv if type by swiping (same as swype on android vkb) is turned on, you can't swipe down to bring up symbols but you can if it's off.
    03-06-17 07:21 AM
    I think they said at the door of the Toronto meet they took our business cards for a KEYone draw. Did the draw happen yet?
    03-06-17 11:41 AM
    I think they said at the door of the Toronto meet they took our business cards for a KEYone draw. Did the draw happen yet?
    It was already announced.

Brother Neil and Daniel R. won.
    03-06-17 11:44 AM
    It was already announced.

Brother Neil and Daniel R. won.
    Oh I didn't see that posted. I was hoping for one! Lol

Congrats gentleman!
    03-06-17 11:51 AM
    I attended the event and it was great. Thanks to the hosts for arranging and attending. Plus all the food was much appreciated.

I've never seen so many BlackBerry enthusiasts together at once.

I would definitely attend again if I ever had the chance.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-06-17 02:27 PM
    Great meet.
    Was good to get out and see some familiar faces.

The phone left a very good impression on me, I can say that.

here's a few pics I snapped

Toronto CrackBerry Meetup Mar 4th, 2017-img_20170304_231833.jpg
    Toronto CrackBerry Meetup Mar 4th, 2017-img_20170304_230328.jpg
    Toronto CrackBerry Meetup Mar 4th, 2017-img_20170304_212229.jpg
    03-06-17 04:56 PM
    I would love to see the 'Toronto meet and greet' turn into an annual event. It felt like we have been friends for years even though we had never met before

Sent from my ⑩ Passport SE; not running Android.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-06-17 05:45 PM
    I would love to see a Meetup on this side of the border? I am in Michigan and would be willing to travel a few hours to go to one here if and when it happens.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-06-17 06:10 PM
    Venturing out to the city on a chilly Saturday evening, couldn't find a better way to spend it mingling with other BlackBerry fans. Great night with great folks, hospitality, food and drinks. There are other people like me! Genuine enthusiasts that are loyal to the brand and are BlackBerry by CHOICE. We exchanged stories of how we became addicts, why we still run our businesses and networks on BlackBerry and we bonded and made new friends.

The star of the show was the gorgeous KEYone, if I had to give an elevator speech (and I have already to many friends and colleagues) I would hit these points:

- killer battery! gets you through a workday and more with juice to spare when you get home and want to get ahead on upcoming meetings and assignments
    - the keyboard! it's back, no sliding needed. sure the Classic and Q10 had nice pkb's but this one is on an Android device and brings back the tactile feedback we loved on the 9000 and 9900
    - great design. the feel and size are perfect, no case needed and fits great in the hand and pocket
    - yes, it's Android of course, running Nougat (split screen mode and all) and has access to ALL the Google Play store apps. This is not your father's BB for sure!

I would love to see a charging dock accessory in the centered USB-C slot for overnight charging because it will NOT need it during the day!

So grateful to have won a door prize and I'm excited to fire it up and show it off ASAP!!!
    BigBadWulf and DolemiteDONS like this.
    03-07-17 12:34 PM
    Venturing out to the city on a chilly Saturday evening, couldn't find a better way to spend it mingling with other BlackBerry fans. Great night with great folks, hospitality, food and drinks. There are other people like me! Genuine enthusiasts that are loyal to the brand and are BlackBerry by CHOICE. We exchanged stories of how we became addicts, why we still run our businesses and networks on BlackBerry and we bonded and made new friends.

The star of the show was the gorgeous KEYone, if I had to give an elevator speech (and I have already to many friends and colleagues) I would hit these points:

- killer battery! gets you through a workday and more with juice to spare when you get home and want to get ahead on upcoming meetings and assignments
    - the keyboard! it's back, no sliding needed. sure the Classic and Q10 had nice pkb's but this one is on an Android device and brings back the tactile feedback we loved on the 9000 and 9900
    - great design. the feel and size are perfect, no case needed and fits great in the hand and pocket
    - yes, it's Android of course, running Nougat (split screen mode and all) and has access to ALL the Google Play store apps. This is not your father's BB for sure!

I would love to see a charging dock accessory in the centered USB-C slot for overnight charging because it will NOT need it during the day!

So grateful to have won a door prize and I'm excited to fire it up and show it off ASAP!!!
    Glad you had a great time! But, I don't think anyone can truly comment on the battery from only seeing the device briefly. I know CBK has reported very positively, so let's hope that is the case with the final use and multiple users.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-17 12:39 PM
183 ... 5678