Where's that Canadian staple - POUTINE?
    You don't want poutine staying still for an hour in a buffet.

Posted via CB10 with my PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.2205.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-05-17 01:29 PM
    I found the tactile keyboard unresponsive most times I tried it but Kevin assured me that it was a pre-production model and that the release model would work fine. By "swype" do you mean that drawing your finger from letter to letter like on Android vkb's or SwiftKey? Or do you mean like the Passport keyboard?
    Yes drawing finger over letter to create words. It's available on both VKB and PKB on the Priv
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-05-17 01:45 PM
    Great Meetup last night! Thanks for the opportunity to play with the KEYone Kevin and CB! And Thanks to OGradys for hosting and to the bar tender for completely filling my glass with champagne!
    I loved the KEYone. At first, I couldn't get the scrolling to work on the keyboard either, but then I realized I was trying too hard, you had to be really gentle/soft, and then the swiping worked perfectly (for me anyway). I asked Kevin if that scrolling feature could be turned off and he said he'd ask BBmobile, but by the end of toying around with it, I was used to it. I Love the fingerprint scanner in the spacebar. I think that's my favourite feature. The only thing I didn't like about the keyboard was how short the keys are. I have a Q10 (yes, I still have and love my Q10!) and the keyboard/keys is a little taller, so that will take some getting used to. It appears similar to the Passport, so Passport people should have no problem adapting. I'm excited to get an Android BB phone. I stuck with my Q10 because I like the BB Keyboard. I didn't like the look of the Passport or the Priv, but this one looks good! I can't wait! ^_^

I also don't like the price, but I'll probably buy one anyway. Is there any word yet on whether it will be available sans-mobile company? I don't buy phones through Rogers/Bell/Tmobile/etc. I'd rather buy it from BB or CB or at BestBuy or Amazon or somewhere like that. I need an unlocked phone.
    pizzawheel likes this.
    03-05-17 01:46 PM
    Oh, good, glad the meet up beat out bill paying!
    I got a ride from someone and didn't have to buy dinner either.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-05-17 01:56 PM
    Yes drawing finger over letter to create words. It's available on both VKB and PKB on the Priv
    Yup! But giving up word sub for swipe is never gonna happen on my phone!
    Anilu7 likes this.
    03-05-17 01:59 PM
    Really good event, and I was excited to hold the KeyOne. It's amazingly light and balanced in the hand- something I wasn't necessarily expecting.

I didn't play with the functionality too much as I have no appreciation of how the android BB works, but the Priv guys were putting the handsets through their paces with tons of apps open and everything was working well.

Venue was good too.

All around, 100%!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-05-17 02:16 PM
    Yup! But giving up word sub for swipe is never gonna happen on my phone!
    I still have word sub available while swipe typing is turned on. Can still flick words up as you can see in the screen shot.
    Attached Thumbnails Toronto CrackBerry Meetup Mar 4th, 2017-223141.jpg  
    03-05-17 02:16 PM
    I still have word sub available while swipe typing is turned on. Can still flick words up as you can see in the screen shot.
    That's prediction. From my understanding, word sub is disabled when swipe is on. I may be wrong. I'm a touch typer, on the VKB, so I prefer not using swipe.
    03-05-17 04:24 PM
    That's prediction. From my understanding, word sub is disabled when swipe is on. I may be wrong. I'm a touch typer, on the VKB, so I prefer not using swipe.
    Word sub as in correction for incorrect spelling? If so, that's still there. Unless word sub means something totally different.
    03-05-17 04:27 PM
    Word sub as in correction for incorrect spelling? If so, that's still there. Unless word sub means something totally different.
    Two different animals. Word sub allows you to type something, and have it change to something else. Many of mine are capitalization. Some take a couple letters, and have it be something much longer. Some for all the code used here.
    Attached Thumbnails Toronto CrackBerry Meetup Mar 4th, 2017-tmp_24303-screenshot_20170305-164630388746380.jpg  
    03-05-17 04:50 PM
    That's why the next phone needs to be a slider phone.
    I'd go for that. 😊
    03-05-17 05:02 PM
    Two different animals. Word sub allows you to type something, and have it change to something else. Many of mine are capitalization. Some take a couple letters, and have it be something much longer. Some for all the code used here.
    I use it to type ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Toronto CrackBerry Meetup Mar 4th, 2017-screenshot_20170305-180332.jpgToronto CrackBerry Meetup Mar 4th, 2017-screenshot_20170305-180505.png
    Anilu7 likes this.
    03-05-17 05:05 PM
    Not really, it's useful for foreign languages that doesn't use alphabets, so you can just handwrite it. I close the slide and write Chinese on my Priv all the time.
    So there IS a virtual keyboard as well. I thought I has caught the drift that there is one but a lot of people don't realize it. If it operates like the Priv, it can come in handy for a few things. I almost never use my virtual keyboard except sometimes for symbols.
    03-05-17 05:13 PM
    I use it to type ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170305-180332.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	418670Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170305-180505.png 
Views:	241 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	418671
    I don't see "shortcut" as a setting on the BlackBerry VKB.
    03-05-17 05:15 PM
    I don't see "shortcut" as a setting on the BlackBerry VKB.
    Keyboard Setting -> Prediction and Correction -> Word Substitution -> (Select Language)
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-05-17 05:20 PM
    Okay well word sub works with swipe typing enabled as well for both pkb and vkb. Just tested it.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-05-17 05:25 PM
    Does anyone know if the keyboard is disabled when it's in your pocket? Would hate to have the space bar constantly turning the phone on when it's in my pocket.
    03-05-17 05:28 PM
    Does anyone know if the keyboard is disabled when it's in your pocket? Would hate to have the space bar constantly turning the phone on when it's in my pocket.
    a bunch of us wanted to know if the U key unlocked the phone when pressed. It didn't, so I can only assume all the other keys do not work either.
    03-05-17 05:30 PM
    Keyboard Setting -> Prediction and Correction -> Word Substitution -> (Select Language)
    Funny how it looks different on mine.

Okay well word sub works with swipe typing enabled as well for both pkb and vkb. Just tested it.
    03-05-17 05:32 PM
    You mean like a pocket dialing virtual keyboard that only needs to be touched, not pressed?
    03-05-17 05:32 PM
    So there IS a virtual keyboard as well. I thought I has caught the drift that there is one but a lot of people don't realize it. If it operates like the Priv, it can come in handy for a few things. I almost never use my virtual keyboard except sometimes for symbols.
    The only thing I hoped BlackBerry implemented was the number row when in passwords fields. Google Keyboard has that and correctly detects when the PKB is used, but I don't use it as a default because that disables all the other gestures.

Toronto CrackBerry Meetup Mar 4th, 2017-win_20170305_18_38_10_pro.jpg
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-05-17 05:42 PM
    Never was a fan of swipe. I always turn that off in any Android I use.
    03-05-17 06:03 PM
    Never was a fan of swipe. I always turn that off in any Android I use.
    It's decent for one handed use. I don't use it often but to have the feature available is nice.
    03-05-17 06:12 PM
  24. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Such an awesome time everyone!!!

7 Hours of Talking about BlackBerry non-stop. I have no voice left.

Would do that everyday of the year though. Love that everybody loved the KEYone!

If you have photos or thoughts about the phone after having gone hands on, or photos to share, post them here!
    Great event Kevin! Nice to meet and phone looks and feels awesome!

Posted via CB10
    the brother and BigBadWulf like this.
    03-05-17 06:17 PM
    It's decent for one handed use. I don't use it often but to have the feature available is nice.
    I can't agree with that for the PKB though. It's not very accurate.
    03-05-17 06:24 PM
183 ... 45678