1. Pricing not friendly to the masses.
    2. Non-Removable Battery.
    3. Not Weather Proofed with the demanded pricing
    Last edited by Ed YANG; 02-26-17 at 04:43 AM.
    02-26-17 04:16 AM
    What no nfc, you kidding because I thought it has NFC.

I like the device but I dislike the price comparing it with the dtek series earlier that has 50% lesser price space between equal specs from other devices than the KEY. DTek space was 80-100 euro and the KEY is 200-250. So they asking more and I didn't see that coming.

Also know that new devices coming with the same specs and more ram that are alomst half the prce and expacted that the KEY will be soon in the market for around 500 euro.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by whatsever; 02-26-17 at 04:29 AM.
    02-26-17 04:17 AM
    It has NFC, read carefully specifications!

Posted via CB10
    nico2004 likes this.
    02-26-17 04:24 AM
    Double check the lack of NFC statement please.

That omission would be suicidal with the android pay compatability.
    02-26-17 04:30 AM
    My apologies to all... that i have overlooked on the presence of NFC.
    Shall make edit to that.
    02-26-17 04:35 AM
    My apologies to all... that i have overlooked on the presence of NFC.
    Shall make edit to that.
    Not a problem, we all make mistakes.

Thanks
    02-26-17 04:36 AM
    Now to answer your question:

1. Surprise Surprise
    THE PRICE

2. Lack of detail of features during the BlackBerry Mobile presentation

3. Pre Order waiting time

I can go into more detail if anyone is interested but for now I will leave it there
    02-26-17 04:41 AM
    I don't mind waiting for the device. Although it's pretty stupid to launch it.....and have to wait like 2 months til it gets released.

My main issue is price. My fanboyism is saying: "buy it, buy it!" but my brain is saying: "I could get an iPhone or a Samsung for less than the price of a KEYOne, and Samsung and iPhone have been making consistently great phones for years. The DTEK50 was trash, DTEK60 was good but overpriced and this is more expensive than the DTEK60. Arghhhh"
    02-26-17 04:50 AM
    3GB RAM, not 4.
    3GB RAM, not 4.
    3GB RAM, not 4.

Via Pasta CB10
    02-26-17 04:51 AM
    Nothing i don't like. I'm looking forward to buying the keyone.
    02-26-17 05:07 AM
    Can't think of anything other than the price to dislike or Diss - like
    02-26-17 05:12 AM
    Can't think of anything other than the price to dislike or Diss - like
    This really is the most jarring part of this whole launch saga for me.

With the specs provided, I just can't get past the idea of paying more than £449 for the Mercury.

The sweet spot for me is £399 but I would happily pay £429.

I recently purchased the Honor 8 for £369 in the UK.

The phone specs are:

5.2 inches 1080p display

4 GIGS RAM

2x 12 mp rear facing cameras (one monochrome)

3000mAh battery with fast charging

32 gb internal storage

Micro sd support

NFC

Etc etc

I love the physical qwerty keypad.

But the premium being asked by BlackBerry Mobile is simply ridiculous.

Well, you wanted to appeal to corporate "successful people" lets see how many of this clientèle, will give up their iPhones for a physical keypad.

The next few weeks will be very interesting indeed.
    Baerli Baer likes this.
    02-26-17 05:29 AM
    I've looked at 3 popular tech sites this morning and all 3 say they've made the EXACT same mistake as the Priv. Overpriced.

Most phones using the 625 processor can be bought for £200-250. £499 for the Keyone is a dumb price.
    02-26-17 05:33 AM
    Yes plenty of us eagerly watching and waiting. Only thing that may help is if some of the carriers have a good 2 year contract offer as apposed to an outright payment
    02-26-17 05:36 AM
    1. 3GB (at least make it 4 come on. feeling like it's the last PKB, it should be future proofed)
    2. 32gb minimUM? in 2017? rip
    3. Just me being extra and necessary but---no DUAL CAMERAS

I don't mind the price but come on i feel like we should be getting a lil bit more. 1GB more for RAM was that so difficult? I want this device to succeed, that's what I dislike. It's naive. I hope I'm proven wrong, I hope this is enough to bring PKBs back.
    02-26-17 05:42 AM
    Not knowing availability in my region. (big one)

Doesn't have the BlackBerry name at the front (I'll live)

The keyboard doesn't act more like a trackpad (the screen is big enough to get by )

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 05:47 AM
    I don't mind waiting for the device. Although it's pretty stupid to launch it.....and have to wait like 2 months til it gets released.

My main issue is price. My fanboyism is saying: "buy it, buy it!" but my brain is saying: "I could get an iPhone or a Samsung for less than the price of a KEYOne, and Samsung and iPhone have been making consistently great phones for years. The DTEK50 was trash, DTEK60 was good but overpriced and this is more expensive than the DTEK60. Arghhhh"
    Well, to be fair, iphones cost more, and comparable price samsung would be probably better on specs wise but worse on performance

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 05:48 AM
    1. industry design - keyboard like add on - non consistant design
    2. should label "design by BB in Canada". Droid central still call it TCL design... - it will sell more if it stated design by BB.
    3. based on the report that hands on, look like camera response still a bit lagging. (not sure Sony's problem or camera control chip or software issue. based on prior BB camera issue, it might be in the software...possibly, somewhere it should be parallel was put in to sequential execution... or somewhere is waiting for no reason...).
    4. pricing. less 50 would be nice. or throw in a real good pocket or case, like good old bold case, with BB logo properly placed on the case..(not cut a hole and exposed the device backing). you need pocket or case that protected from dust.. Magnetic placement that can automatic shut off the device would be nice.
    02-26-17 05:51 AM
    1. 3GB (at least make it 4 come on. feeling like it's the last PKB, it should be future proofed)
    2. 32gb minimUM? in 2017? rip
    3. Just me being extra and necessary but---no DUAL CAMERAS

I don't mind the price but come on i feel like we should be getting a lil bit more. 1GB more for RAM was that so difficult? I want this device to succeed, that's what I dislike. It's naive. I hope I'm proven wrong, I hope this is enough to bring PKBs back.
    I don't mean to bite here, so apologies if it sounds like I am being harsh. NO ONE wants a PKB aside from (some) people on this forum. No one. Phones sell millions and millions without a PKB. They're not required. Look here: http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreak...specs-mwc-2017

From the article: "Who needs a physical smartphone keyboard in 2017? No-one, really. But if you want a physical smartphone keyboard, I fully understand, and the BlackBerry KeyOne is here for you. At $549 when it ships in April, it’s cheaper than the Priv, but will probably still be a hard sell to most."

Again - let me re-iterate this. No one wants a PKB. It's old tech. Blackberry/TCL will have more success selling £200-400 phones than selling one expensive phone at £499 every so often. And if being cheaper means removing the PKB - remove it! If there were millions of people calling for a return of PKBs, then sure, make them. But there isn't. Blackberry are trying to sell to a market that doesn't exist.
    02-26-17 05:51 AM

Again - let me re-iterate this. No one wants a PKB. It's old tech. Blackberry/TCL will have more success selling £200-400 phones than selling one expensive phone at £499 every so often. And if being cheaper means removing the PKB - remove it! If there were millions of people calling for a return of PKBs, then sure, make them. But there isn't. Blackberry are trying to sell to a market that doesn't exist.
    TCL will be glad to know I use a classic and I'm looking forward to upgrading to this device... my laptop uses a keyboard and it doesn't even have capacitive touch and I just don't see it as old tech like you do. I find it quite functional.

There's always the all-touch Dtek60 by BlackBerry and I believe that was priced okay

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 05:57 AM
    1. Pricing not friendly to the masses.
    2. Non-Removable Battery.
    3. Not Weather Proofed with the demanded pricing
    1. People that whine and complain.
    2. People that complain and whine.
    3. People that are trolling just for the sake of it.
    02-26-17 06:36 AM
    1. Non removable battery
    2. Cpu
    3. Value
    02-26-17 06:42 AM
    . NO ONE wants a PKB aside from (some) people on this forum. No one. Phones sell millions and millions without a PKB.
    lmao i know all this, but for this niche to get a mobile with a pkb in the future, people NOW have to be satisfied, there has to be some form of improvement.

And yeah, no one really 'wants' PKBs anymore, which is why---this being the last in-design mobile by BB, they should have at least made it future proof for a few years (2-3) because we KNOW the likelihood of getting a decent PKB is low.

I don't mind the price, I understand having to pay for the keyboard, I'm willing to pay 150usd++ extra for it.

but 3GB? That's what my two year old mobiles have.
    sidtek50 likes this.
    02-26-17 07:21 AM
    lmao i know all this, but for this niche to get a mobile with a pkb in the future, people NOW have to be satisfied, there has to be some form of improvement.

And yeah, no one really 'wants' PKBs anymore, which is why---this being the last in-design mobile by BB, they should have at least made it future proof for a few years (2-3) because we KNOW the likelihood of getting a decent PKB is low.

I don't mind the price, I understand having to pay for the keyboard, I'm willing to pay 150usd++ extra for it.

but 3GB? That's what my two year old mobiles have.
    I fully agree with you. I don't disagree in the slightest. My 1 year old Moto G4 Plus has 4gb....and 3.1gb of it is in use daily and i'm a medium user! For a heavy user, a 3gb ram Blackberry is going to be out of the question.

Let me put this in laymens terms for all of the fanboys on this site who are STILL defending this turdfest:

I bought my Moto G4 Plus (4gb ram, 64gb storage) for £240 . It's due to be upgraded to Nougat soon...

One year later, Blackberry Mobile/TCL want me to pay £499 for 3gb ram and 32gb storage. Really.....really TCL? £259 more than my 1 year old Moto, for less ram and less storage. Get stuffed you buffoons.
    Kaizerin likes this.
    02-26-17 07:29 AM
    1) Not future-proof at all. Does anybody really think Android will still be a smooth experience with only 3GB of RAM in the Summer of 2019? DTEK60 is a better value. At half the price, so is DTEK50 for that matter.
    2) No removable battery.
    3) No pre-order available after the speech.
    02-26-17 07:36 AM
71 123