Ok, first off, the typo on their site is fixed saying the notification is white only. It's RGB, just like Bla1ze, Berry Flow, several others, and myself have reported from first-hand observation.

The keyboard, I can't find the thread, but I mistakenly told someone the keyboard is sculpted like the Classic. The keys are unfortunately more squared off, but don't worry, the keyboard still types very well. I tried out typing some sentences and it was pretty darn good.

The keys are not "glossy" like so many think from the pictures. They are actually clear with the letters painted underneath. That's why they appear glossy in photos, since reflections appear more prominently in photos than in real life. I like this because that means the paint will never wear off. And yes, that does happen. My wife has an old Curve that you can barely see any letters anymore, the light just shines straight through all of the keys because they are all worn off, lol.

The phone is not "huge" like many people (including myself) were afraid of. It's the same exact width as the Classic (there are photos floating around with the KEYone next to a PassPort and a Classic (my Classic specifically, lol) and you can see they are the same width (I've also put them on top of each other to confirm), and only slightly taller. So it's actually a great size, very balanced feel.

The phone isn't light, but it's not to heavy either. Too heavy is if it feel heavier than the size says it should be. It feels "just right" and hefty enough that it feels like quality and you are reminded of the insane 3505mah battery. :-)

It is also not as thick as it looks in pictures. It may be thick, but it doesn't feel it when you're holding it or seeing it in person.

The camera is pretty darn good. Snaps quick and even with digital zoom you see all of the little details. It also shoots 4k video, but unfortunately only up to 30fps instead of 60 like some others, but it's still plenty impressive.

The units on display didn't have the swipe up shortcuts working, where from the home button (circle) the three shortcuts pop-up you can swipe to. I asked Alex Thurber about that and he confirmed to me that the final software will have that feature.

I mentioned the battery before, Kevin and all of us were up in the hotel bar past midnight the night of the show, and he's actually been using the KEYone as his personal phone. His went off the charger at 6am, and with moderate to heavy use after midnight still had just over 60% battery left. So basically, awesome battery life. Thank the sd625 and 3505mah battery.

I'm disappointed it doesn't have a play/pause/mute button, just volume up and down, but there are apps that can map button combos to do that, I think, I hope, lol.

Some have noticed that scrolling with the keyboard appears choppy. Many have attributed this to the sd625. Well, it's true and it's not. It only appears choppy because of the short height of the keyboard, so your thumb runs out of capacitive keyboard quickly while scrolling, thus it stops suddenly. I proved this by turning the phone sideways and used it in landscape. Now with the entire width of the keyboard to scroll it scrolls silky smooth. I think they can probably fix this with some kind of sensitivity setting or maybe a smoothing so it doesn't stop as suddenly to decrease the appearance of choppiness (I will bring this up with Mr. Thurber later today).

And thanks to BlackZ10 (with the help of a pretty lady of course), we also verified that it does indeed have stereo speakers and not just two grill where only one is a speaker like with the Classic, and also that it's VERY loud.

If there are any other thing you guys were wondering from our hands-on, please ask it here. It's hard to go through all of the posts... :-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-27-17 06:01 PM
    How does it compare with Passport in weight?
    02-27-17 06:15 PM
    What apps did you get to use, and how responsive were they?
    02-27-17 06:21 PM
    Thanks for the summary. Are you saying that there are two stereo speakers at the bottom for a total of three speakers, rather than just one at the top and one at the bottom?
    Last edited by BB-JAM215; 02-27-17 at 06:41 PM.
    02-27-17 06:22 PM
    The Passport is 196 grams compared to the K1's 180.
    02-27-17 06:24 PM
    Thanks... then I have no problem handling it
    02-27-17 06:25 PM
    You the man, Slag-o!

That battery life is insane seems even better than my PassPort.

I'm gonna miss the song skip, play, pause side button controls. It would be nice to have that in some future update.
    02-27-17 06:40 PM
    Thanks for the info!

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 06:48 PM
    Not entirely sure. There were plenty of people there with PassPorts, I don't currently own one. I'm sure it's likely about the same? Nah, forget that, it's pure speculation, I have no idea...
    delanyinspiron6400 likes this.
    02-27-17 06:49 PM
    What apps did you get to use, and how responsive were they?
    I tried only a few (they were not logged into Google Play so couldn't download anything), like maps, the browser, and some others, and didn't notice any lagginess in any of them. When I was using it, everything was very fast, and then I hit the square key and noticed it had like a crap ton of other things open in the background, lol. Didn't slow it down at all. I'm pretty impressed with it.
    02-27-17 06:51 PM
    Thanks for the summary. Are you saying that there are two stereo speakers at the bottom for a total of three speakers, rather than just one at the top and one at the bottom?
    Yes, there are two independent speakers on the bottom. :-)
    02-27-17 06:51 PM
    You the man, Slag-o!

That battery life is insane seems even better than my PassPort.

I'm gonna miss the song skip, play, pause side button controls. It would be nice to have that in some future update.
    Me too, but someone pointed out an app that allows using the volume keys for those shortcuts. One mentioned was called Frinky Music Controller, there might be others, but check that one out.
    02-27-17 06:55 PM
    Thanks for the information, nice to get some real information on the phone instead of doom and gloom people been posting here.
    Appreciate it.
    02-27-17 06:56 PM
    That's good to hear.
    Is there anything that you can compare the back of the phone to? Material-wise, of course. I loved the texture of the Priv, and I'm sure I'll like it either way, but I'm almost dying to know!
    02-27-17 07:12 PM
    I have 2 questions:

1. I know that the camera is not finalized in your unit, but does it snap the picture very fast, or does it take some time to focus and then snap and then you have a blurry picture like most of the BB nowadays? Also, I noticed that with the Pixel, even with the Snapdragon 821 power, the workload of the post-processing is so huge that every 1 in 3 consecutive shots, the camera will fail to turn on auto hdr. Is it the case with the KEYone? Given that the 625 is less powerful than the 821, I fear that might be the case ... Although we did not take into account the "smartness" in post-processing by BB team.

2. Is it possible to navigate fully use the keyboard only? So for example, right now, on my PRIV, I can shortcut go to the hub, (C)ompose new item, (B)bm, but then still have to reach up to the screen to choose the person. Has the software in the KEYone come to the point that is it possible to fully navigate using only the keyboard?

Thank you @slagman5
    02-27-17 07:18 PM
    Nice rundown Slagman. Thanks.
    02-27-17 07:19 PM
    How does the balance feel? Is it top heavy? Does it feel like when typing on the PKB of the Priv? That wasn't good lol
    02-27-17 07:19 PM
    That's good to hear.
    Is there anything that you can compare the back of the phone to? Material-wise, of course. I loved the texture of the Priv, and I'm sure I'll like it either way, but I'm almost dying to know!
    Hm... Not really sure... All I know is that it didn't ever feel like it was going to slip out of my hands while I was holding it, even one-handed and at an angle it felt fine. It didn't feel rubbery though, but just not slippery. I don't know how it compares to the Priv, sorry.
    02-27-17 07:45 PM
    That's good to hear.
    Hm... Not really sure... All I know is that it didn't ever feel like it was going to slip out of my hands while I was holding it, even one-handed and at an angle it felt fine. It didn't feel rubbery though, but just not slippery. I don't know how it compares to the Priv, sorry.
    02-27-17 07:46 PM
    I have 2 questions:

1. I know that the camera is not finalized in your unit, but does it snap the picture very fast, or does it take some time to focus and then snap and then you have a blurry picture like most of the BB nowadays? Also, I noticed that with the Pixel, even with the Snapdragon 821 power, the workload of the post-processing is so huge that every 1 in 3 consecutive shots, the camera will fail to turn on auto hdr. Is it the case with the KEYone? Given that the 625 is less powerful than the 821, I fear that might be the case ... Although we did not take into account the "smartness" in post-processing by BB team.

2. Is it possible to navigate fully use the keyboard only? So for example, right now, on my PRIV, I can shortcut go to the hub, (C)ompose new item, (B)bm, but then still have to reach up to the screen to choose the person. Has the software in the KEYone come to the point that is it possible to fully navigate using only the keyboard?

Thank you @slagman5
    1. The KEYone's camera has phase detection, which allows the autofocus to know if the object is closer or farther than it's current focal point, making the autofocus very fast unlike older cameras without phase detection. It seemed really fast to me. I don't know about the auto HDR thing, didn't really pay that close attention to that aspect of it I guess, sorry.

2. Right now it's still the same as the Priv. To do what you want, you'll need a "click" function like pressing down on a dedicated trackpad. But as some people in these forums have pointed out, they did experiment with a pointer mode on the Priv, with a little more work that functionality could come to the BB phones with capacitive keyboards.
    02-27-17 07:49 PM
    How does the balance feel? Is it top heavy? Does it feel like when typing on the PKB of the Priv? That wasn't good lol
    I can't compare to the Priv, but I do know that it didn't feel unbalanced while typing on the keyboard.
    stlabrat likes this.
    02-27-17 07:50 PM
    1. The KEYone's camera has phase detection, which allows the autofocus to know if the object is closer or farther than it's current focal point, making the autofocus very fast unlike older cameras without phase detection. It seemed really fast to me. I don't know about the auto HDR thing, didn't really pay that close attention to that aspect of it I guess, sorry.

2. Right now it's still the same as the Priv. To do what you want, you'll need a "click" function like pressing down on a dedicated trackpad. But as some people in these forums have pointed out, they did experiment with a pointer mode on the Priv, with a little more work that functionality could come to the BB phones with capacitive keyboards.
    1. The PRIV has phase detection too, but in low light condition it's weak, and the post-processing power is too much for it, I guess.

2. Nice. That's so nice to hear.

Thank you very much. I enjoy reading this thread.
    02-27-17 07:55 PM
    1. The PRIV has phase detection too, but in low light condition it's weak, and the post-processing power is too much for it, I guess.

2. Nice. That's so nice to hear.

Thank you very much. I enjoy reading this thread.
    I think between the sensor and the hardware, the KEYone will perform better than the Priv. There was police activity one night in a nightclub across the street from our hotel and Kevin took a quick shot with the KEYone and it looked great, even with low lighting it came out very nice.
    02-27-17 08:00 PM
    I think between the sensor and the hardware, the KEYone will perform better than the Priv. There was police activity one night in a nightclub across the street from our hotel and Kevin took a quick shot with the KEYone and it looked great, even with low lighting it came out very nice.
    THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    02-27-17 08:30 PM
    From what I've read about the DTEK60, the screen tends to scratch easily. Is it made out of the same glass or is it gorilla glass? I know BlackBerry always says it's gorilla glass and it always ends up not being that, haha.
    02-27-17 08:33 PM
208 123 ...