The ONLY complaint I had about my Passport was that typing while on speakerphone produced a dampened "thud" sound on the other end of the call with every key press. I loved using it for conference calls because of the sound quality and multiple mics but I got to the point where I wouldn't type anything during a call on speaker (which was enough of an inconvenience that I noticed it all the time).

I wonder if the Mercury will have the same issue. If so, I guess will have to stick with my Priv and eventually another all touch BlackBerry device.

Of course this could be easily fixed if BB would provide the option of an on screen virtual keyboard in addition to the physical keyboard. Now THAT would be amazing!
    01-10-17 12:17 PM
    Of course this could be easily fixed if BB would provide the option of an on screen virtual keyboard in addition to the physical keyboard. Now THAT would be amazing!
    I don't understand. You have a Priv. You are aware you can use the virtual keyboard in addition to the physical, right? On top of that, current Mercury software also offers it, which could change at launch, but I doubt it.
    01-10-17 01:11 PM
    I don't understand. You have a Priv.
    I am well aware that I can use both keyboards on my Priv. As I mentioned in the first sentence of my original post, my complaint was about my Passport, which I also own.
    01-10-17 02:10 PM
    I don't understand. You have a Priv. You are aware you can use the virtual keyboard in addition to the physical, right? On top of that, current Mercury software also offers it, which could change at launch, but I doubt it.
    Wait a minute, the Mercury has a virtual keyboard? How would that even work considering the size of the phone? I understand with the Priv where you could slide it to go full touch screen mode but with the Mercury it wouldn't make sense

Posted via CB10
    01-14-17 11:44 PM
    Wait a minute, the Mercury has a virtual keyboard? How would that even work considering the size of the phone? I understand with the Priv where you could slide it to go full touch screen mode but with the Mercury it wouldn't make sense

Posted via CB10
    The mercury screen is like the size of an iPhone 4 screen if I'm not mistaken. More than enough room, lol

Posted via SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    01-14-17 11:51 PM
    It will work, but you'll only have about 1 1/4 inches of screen height to work with. It should be OK for texting though.
    01-15-17 12:10 AM
    The mercury screen is like the size of an iPhone 4 screen if I'm not mistaken. More than enough room, lol

Posted via SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    The iPhone 4 had a 3,5" screen, while the Mercury sports a 4,6" one (or maybe 4,5", I don't know): more like an iPhone 7 (4,7") in terms of screen estate.
    01-15-17 02:46 AM
    Mute your microphone and you won't hear the physical keyboard. If you are on speakerphone and typing an email/text you obviously don't need to be talking.

I'm on conference calls throughout my workday and always mute to take care of business on phone and computer. Not to mention if someone is talking to you it can be perceived as rude if you are typing away while on call.
    01-15-17 10:07 AM