I am really excited about having the user-defined shortcuts on the keyboard. I can't wait to try that out.
    Have been enjoying those on my PRIV. As all keys can be assigned short and or long press. It's Very handy!

Denise you this option also on your RED Passport.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 06:27 AM
    What do you mean by sculpting here? PP keys are flat on top, vs. Classic/9900 that have a curved raised surface.
    PP keys are definitely sculptured, just not in a curvy manner like the Classic. K1 sculpture mimics that of the PP, even the shape of the buttons.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 07:06 AM
    Can anyone answer whether the device felt 'snappy' or fluid to use? I appreciate that not many apps would have been installed, but was there a sense that this phone would stand up to rapid keypresses and swiping? We all know what it feels like to be working at full speed and in the zone.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 11:58 AM
    You are obviously not most people.
    Indeed I am not loll

I kid you not though. I had one Priv that was bent to the point where you could feel and hear the screen scratching the keyboard each time you opened the slider...they must have had really bad margins of tolerance in qc for sure ...
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-02-17 01:38 PM
    Have Blackberry added a native File Manager to their version of Android 7.1?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 01:53 PM
    Have Blackberry added a native File Manager to their version of Android 7.1?

Posted via CB10
    I don't think they will, unless they sell a sh*tload of phones, which I don't think they will either.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-17 02:13 PM
    Can anyone answer whether the device felt 'snappy' or fluid to use? I appreciate that not many apps would have been installed, but was there a sense that this phone would stand up to rapid keypresses and swiping? We all know what it feels like to be working at full speed and in the zone.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, the swiping and opening apps with the keypresses was very fast. It looks like you will like that a lot. Check the review videos. Fast.
    BigBadWulf and Superfly_FR like this.
    03-02-17 07:34 PM
    Yes, the swiping and opening apps with the keypresses was very fast. It looks like you will like that a lot. Check the review videos. Fast.
    Many thanks Denise. I really don't have a problem with my Priv and the 625 appears to be an upgrade on that. I'm gonna bag one at the earliest opportunity I think.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-17 12:03 AM
    The frets in all of the phones have always been plastic, even if they look like metal. You can prove this to yourself by pressing up against one with your fingernail in any BB phone and see it bend. The sides are all metal except for the piece on the bottom, but that's for the antenna, and again, same with every BB phone. The top piece insert, I would suspect is also plastic, but I'm not sure. But even so, the phone is surrounded by aluminum (except for the chin as stated), so I'm confident this will be a very durable phone. The keys look glossy in photos because they are clear keys painted underneath. Notice that if you take a photo of something clear with something underneath, let's say, like water, you'll capture much more reflection than you'll see with the naked eye. That's basically how it is. It's still kind of glossy in person, but you don't really notice it like you do in the photos. The keys have the side ridge thing, but the top surface is more flat and not angled like with the Classic or old BBOS phones. But it still types great.
    Perfect, thanks slag

 ßlackßerry PASSPORT 
    03-03-17 12:05 AM
    BlackZ10 did a test on the speakers and yes they are true stereo, and they are very loud. In all the noise of the unveiling event he was able to clearly hear the video they were playing.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    They are stereo? I've seen in several videos where they make it seem like one is a speaker, but the other is just a mock grill for a mic

 ßlackßerry PASSPORT 
    03-03-17 12:13 AM
    They are stereo? I've seen in several videos where they make it seem like one is a speaker, but the other is just a mock grill for a mic

 ßlackßerry PASSPORT 
    I think they made that assumption based on how it is on the Classic. But Rico (the artist formerly known as BlackZ10) said he covered them one at a time while playing a video and each time part of the sound was covered, so they are definitely both speaker grills...
    03-03-17 12:23 AM
    I think they made that assumption based on how it is on the Classic. But Rico (the artist formerly known as BlackZ10) said he covered them one at a time while playing a video and each time part of the sound was covered, so they are definitely both speaker grills...
    Pumped, that is a huge difference to me, I know some might not care, but I appreciate stereo so much. Literally to me the K1 is like I walked into a BlackBerry catalog picked out my favorite features from all their different options they had over the years and made one phone!!! prob the only thing it doesn't have that I would've liked is the three button smart volume rocker that bb10 phones have, I LOVE that and use it all the time. But other than that the K1 is literally like my perfect phone from BlackBerry

 ßlackßerry PASSPORT 
    MyriadeCoh, BigBadWulf and jakie55 like this.
    03-03-17 12:26 AM
    Pumped, that is a huge difference to me, I know some might not care, but I appreciate stereo so much. Literally to me the K1 is like I walked into a BlackBerry catalog picked out my favorite features from all their different options they had over the years and made one phone!!! prob the only thing it doesn't have that I would've liked is the three button smart volume rocker that bb10 phones have, I LOVE that and use it all the time. But other than that the K1 is literally like my perfect phone from BlackBerry

 ßlackßerry PASSPORT 
    Well, soon you will have it for yourself. Congrats on winning the IOU. :-)
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-03-17 12:31 AM
    Well, soon you will have it for yourself. Congrats on winning the IOU. :-)
    Thanks man! I feel really honored to have been lucky enough to get picked. I really wish I could've made the trip to MWC with you guys, but couldn't swing it. Happy you guys got to go tho! What a awesome opportunity..

 ßlackßerry PASSPORT 
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-03-17 12:33 AM
    Thanks man! I feel really honored to have been lucky enough to get picked. I really wish I could've made the trip to MWC with you guys, but couldn't swing it. Happy you guys got to go tho! What a awesome opportunity..

 ßlackßerry PASSPORT 
    The loudness was impressive playing a Ytube video on the K1 considering in the background lots of noise and a DJ playing. The BlackBerry Rep did point out when asked 3 speakers.. One at top and 2 at the bottom. Hopefully someone else can confirm or not when the next CB meetup in Toronto with the K1
    MyriadeCoh likes this.
    03-03-17 12:50 AM
    The loudness was impressive playing a Ytube video on the K1 considering in the background lots of noise and a DJ playing. The BlackBerry Rep did point out when asked 3 speakers.. One at top and 2 at the bottom. Hopefully someone else can confirm or not when the next CB meetup in Toronto with the K1
    Did the rep explain why there should be an extra speaker at the bottom? Most similar format phones include the DTEKs produce good stereo sound with just two speakers. Other phones with two openings at the bottom use one for a speaker and one for a mic.
    03-03-17 04:16 PM
    This could be two (stereo) "multimedia" speakers at the bottom and one for your ear and phone, I believe.
    03-03-17 05:00 PM
    This could be two (stereo) "multimedia" speakers at the bottom and one for your ear and phone, I believe.
    Then, when you held it horizontal to watch a video, instead of having stereo sound coming from the left and right sides like other phones, you'd have what would seem like mono sound coming from the right side only.
    03-03-17 05:33 PM
    Then, when you held it horizontal to watch a video, instead of having stereo sound coming from the left and right sides like other phones, you'd have what would seem like mono sound coming from the right side only.
    I wonder if they'll make it so that depending on the rotation of the phone it uses a different combination of the speakers...
    03-03-17 06:16 PM
    I wonder if they'll make it so that depending on the rotation of the phone it uses a different combination of the speakers...
    And I wonder if the BlackBerry rep who was quoted might be more knowledgeable about sales in general than he is about the locations of the phone's audio components.
    03-03-17 06:39 PM
    And I wonder if the BlackBerry rep who was quoted might be more knowledgeable about sales in general than he is about the locations of the phone's audio components.
    Honestly, I trust more that someone covered the bottom grills individually to see if they are both speakers more than the word of those reps. When I had a question for one of those reps, he gave me an answer that I was hoping wasn't true. I then asked Alex Thurber directly about it and he told me otherwise...
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-03-17 06:45 PM
    I'm not sure but I won't say that's (speakers top and bottom) the norm. Anyhow, given the small space, stereo is a plus but I'd guess most would barely make the difference.
    As for two speakers, this can serve volume... And while here, stereo won't hurt
    I believe DTEK50 was stereo with JBL (?) components. But that's from memory.
    03-03-17 07:04 PM
    I agree. The KEYone's keyboard does not seem on a par with the PP's or Classic's. The glossy sheen is totally unappealing.
    03-17-17 04:41 PM
    I agree. The KEYone's keyboard does not seem on a par with the PP's or Classic's. The glossy sheen is totally unappealing.
    Glossy?

Have you held it? Using it to me is on a par with the 9000/9700/9900. Absolutely wonderfully responsive, unlike the newer keyboards.
    Rico4you likes this.
    03-17-17 07:45 PM
    I hope as well that the keys resembles more of the prevoius designs like Q10 or even the 9900"s. Not a huge fan of the glossy key style and It looks cheap otherwise.
    03-18-17 07:46 AM
100 ... 234