Could you tell if if the metal frame was in fact entirely aluminium? It's hard to tell from the YouTube vids but I suspect parts might be plastic.

Specifically I'm wondering about the frets and the piece at the top of the phone where the headphone the jack sits.

I ask because I recall there was some discussion about this when the passport SE was released, and it transpired that part of the frame was infact painted plastic.
    bendiep1991 likes this.
    02-26-17 05:26 AM
    I mentioned this in another thread. It is indeed aluminum, and the first smartphone I looked at, and though it absolutely was meant to stay naked, without any fear. I think anyone who holds one, will be nothing but thoroughly impressed with the build quality. Simply an outstanding phone, that even VKB users can drool over!
    02-26-17 08:53 PM
    I forgot to notice the frets, but I believe everything else silver-coloured is the actual aluminum. Build quality seemed very good. I was worried it would be a heavy brick with the huge battery ---I'm looking at you, Z30!--- but KEYone wasn't too heavy at all.
    zocster and bakron1 like this.
    02-26-17 09:33 PM
    Felt light compared to what I was carrying all weekend.

The phone has a very good feel and balance to it. IDK what the frets were made of, but the package screamed solid.
    02-26-17 10:54 PM
    Felt light compared to what I was carrying all weekend.

The phone has a very good feel and balance to it. IDK what the frets were made of, but the package screamed solid.
    Are the keys like passport keys or bold?? They looked slightly translucent in videos assuming those were production keys.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 02:40 AM
    Are the keys like passport keys or bold?? They looked slightly translucent in videos assuming those were production keys.

Posted via CB10
    They have a look and feel that will bring back fond memories. They return to the Bold 9000 heritage.
    02-27-17 07:23 AM
    In terms of size, how does the phone feel for one handed operation?

The reviews have said it pretty much begs for one handed operation it feels so nice in one hand loll

Is it like a taller Classic?

It looked to be roughly the same size as the G6, but narrower and thicker. The G6 of course is marketed as a big screen in a small 5.2inch body.

#whatisclassic
    02-27-17 07:41 AM
    They have a look and feel that will bring back fond memories. They return to the Bold 9000 heritage.
    Frickin awesome if that's the case!

#whatisclassic
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-27-17 07:43 AM
    The BEST POSSIBLE news yet. As Steve Jobs would have said ...insanely great!!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-27-17 07:49 AM
    I'm sorry to say that, but this device isn't even close a Bold 9000 nor a 9900.
    Nothing like it!

Just a keyboard doesn't make a BlackBerry - even with that logo on it!

They even 'failed' to bring back that memories with the Classic, which comes closest to the old devices....

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 07:57 AM
    Nothing like it!

They even 'failed' to bring back that memories with the Classic, which comes closest to the old devices....

Posted via CB10
    If you're looking for a BBOS experience, rock the 99xx. If you want a great phone for today's market, that carries BlackBerry's heritage PKB, the KEYone nails it.
    02-27-17 08:02 AM
    If you're looking for a BBOS experience, rock the 99xx. If you want a great phone for today's market, that carries BlackBerry's heritage PKB, the KEYone nails it.
    I still got a 9900 in a box in my office!
    Along with my 8700 and all the other BlackBerrys I have ever had!

If I wanted the 9900 I'd still use it, but sadly it's outdated by today's standards and if you are used to the OS10 browser and 'no more battery pulls' - you can't go back.

This KEYone (to me personally) is not that real successor or the evolution to that old devices.
    I'd rather say the Passport is - which is completely designed to get things done. The 1:1 square screen totally nailed that BlackBerry experience!

But with the lack of support (apps & OS) it's getting more unusable from day to day.

The KEYone is 'just a copy' of good time - not something that will create that known hype!

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 08:09 AM
    Rock the Passport then! It's a great phone.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-27-17 08:11 AM
    I still got a 9900 in a box in my office!
    Along with my 8700 and all the other BlackBerrys I have ever had!

If I wanted the 9900 I'd still use it, but sadly it's outdated by today's standards and if you are used to the OS10 browser and 'no more battery pulls' - you can't go back.

This KEYone (to me personally) is not that real successor or the evolution to that old devices.
    I'd rather say the Passport is - which is completely designed to get things done. The 1:1 square screen totally nailed that BlackBerry experience!

But with the lack of support (apps & OS) it's getting more unusable from day to day.

The KEYone is 'just a copy' of good time - not something that will create that known hype!

Posted via CB10
    IDK what you are looking for from BlackBerry. If I did, I'd pass it on. 1:1 screen is never going to happen on Android. The KEYone provides a stellar PKB, while offering a screen size capable of taking full advantage, of what Nougat has to offer.
    Bostil1987 and Barbareren like this.
    02-27-17 02:04 PM
    Nothing like it!

Posted via CB10
    Were you at the Barcelona event? Did you hold the phone and try it out up close like we did?
    02-27-17 02:13 PM
    I'm curious about the keyboard. In most of the vides it looks like the keyboard is highly glossy or maybe a transparent layer on top, but in the renders and release video it resembles more of a 9000 key finish. Just curious if it's just lighting or the renders don't accurately reflect the look of the keyboard?
    02-27-17 02:36 PM
    I'm curious about the keyboard. In most of the vides it looks like the keyboard is highly glossy or maybe a transparent layer on top, but in the renders and release video it resembles more of a 9000 key finish. Just curious if it's just lighting or the renders don't accurately reflect the look of the keyboard?
    People at Barcelona confirmed the keys are transparent with paint underneath - so the gloss is pretty much permanent and the keys don't rub off.

#whatisclassic
    thekidshop likes this.
    02-27-17 02:52 PM
    Alright let's make something perfectly clear. Where are the antennas housed on this phone? I'm seeing all of these black strips around the casing and I'm assuming those are for the antennas.

Also is the top of the phone where the headphone jack plastic with a silver paint job? (really disliked that about the passport silver edition). How about the buttons (power, volume rocker) how satisfying is the tactile feedback? Are the clicks firm? Are the frets plastic? Or are they stainless steel ( a man can dream..)

In terms of build quality if put next to an iPhone 7 jet black which would feel better in the hand?
    02-27-17 03:24 PM
    You see, I'm also fairly certain that top strip where the headphone jack sits is plastic. Something about the random join in that strip just makes me think its not metal
    02-27-17 03:30 PM
    Aw man.. Well at least you can't feel it or see it all the time unlike on the pSE. Can anyone else confirm or rebutle this claim?
    02-27-17 03:42 PM

Looks similar to the Passport keys, which are still looking like new on my Passport after 2 years, so that is a good thing to me.
    02-27-17 03:49 PM
    To me look different. The password keys are not glossy.You cannot compare even to Classic and Porsche Design.
    Attached Thumbnails For those of you that held the KEYone...-passport_hands_on_15_final.jpg   For those of you that held the KEYone...-img-20170209-wa002.jpg   For those of you that held the KEYone...-blackberry-p9983-keyboard-close-970x546-c.jpg  
    mona5804 and anon(9175377) like this.
    02-27-17 04:04 PM
    That's one solid answer. Except I remember holding a test unit in my hand around 2 months ago and it really wasn't that good at least compared to classic. Keys are small, no sculpting, and weird space bar. Maybe the recent units have improved keys but I just don't see how it can be as good as 9900
    anon(10258967) likes this.
    02-27-17 04:06 PM
    The reason that the keys look so glossy is because of the lighting at the press conference. They do look like regular keys in person.
    bcbbanga4l likes this.
    02-27-17 04:12 PM
    Out of interest, we're the keys sculptured on the devices at the crackberry party?
    02-27-17 04:15 PM
100 123 ...