I just saw a render that made my heart skip a beat. It was a Vienna with track pad and menu buttons.

Is there any truth to the vienna having trackpad and menu buttons?-vienna.jpg

We are coming from 9800's and are having a little bit of a hard time with the large form factors of today's phones. So I was just thinking, well those Vienna renders I've seen seemed like a form factor we could live with, but no track pad and buttons. My boss seems convinced that he can't move forward without them, so right now he's going to use a Classic. I'm not in love with the Classic and feel like 2 weeks with a new phone and you won't miss those buttons. He insists he can do everything he ever wanted on his 9800 with a single hand. No extreme reaching. I've seen him do it. I tend to grab the phone and hammer away on the keyboard with 2 thumbs. Especially with my experience with the Classic I have for my server/BES test environment. When you compare the screen on the Classic to the old torch it's not really any bigger. So I decided to look at some pics and found the one above. Looked pretty good to me.

My take is that this would appeal to a large portion of the executive crowd still using BB7 devices, not the folks looking for huge screen and apps. That's not the BB crowd anyway, never will be.

Probably not going to happen right? All the other Vienna renders I've seen didn't have those buttons & track pad. Even started looking at the Porsche design BB10 phone. Just looking for something with a more workable form factor. Frustrated that we are loosing choices of devices with physical keyboards. I played with Priv and found it a little too large, and not as solid as I would have liked. Will take another look.

Roveer
    Dmcrae11 and nigelstorm3110 like this.
    02-10-16 10:01 PM
    Unofficial renders are up to the whim of the designer, especially if all that we know about the Vienna is the name.

Maybe news after MWC (Feb 22-25)?
    02-10-16 10:11 PM
    I think that the first render was the real thing. An actual leak. We shall see.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 10:42 PM
    I would buy that yesterday!
    DeliFresser likes this.
    02-11-16 04:20 AM
    So I'm assuming that since I think it's such a good phone that it will never happen. That tends to happen with me. I'm not so much a sheeple type of person. More of a path less traveled type.
    02-12-16 07:34 PM
    As I stated in the thread you got this picture from,
    This is an old mockup, it will definitely not be this way.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-16 06:26 AM
    Well. I can live without the trackpad and menu buttons. I just want a phone thats not as large as the Priv. This may still fit the bill if/when it happens. I've told my boss that within 2 weeks of having a BB10 phone he won't really need the trackpad and buttons. I will admit one thing. He's able to do everything on his 9810 with a single hand. everything is within a thumbs reach. Not so easy when the phones get larger and require you to be touching the screen all the time. Guess we've moved forward now, need bigger screens, so no more one handed operation.

Roveer
    02-15-16 06:54 PM
    Well. I can live without the trackpad and menu buttons. I just want a phone thats not as large as the Priv. This may still fit the bill if/when it happens. I've told my boss that within 2 weeks of having a BB10 phone he won't really need the trackpad and buttons. I will admit one thing. He's able to do everything on his 9810 with a single hand. everything is within a thumbs reach. Not so easy when the phones get larger and require you to be touching the screen all the time. Guess we've moved forward now, need bigger screens, so no more one handed operation.

Roveer
    Have you ever thought about a Q5? Very underrated phone IMO.

From my Tower of Power Q5
    02-15-16 10:26 PM
    That render would be perfect. 4' screen and the toolbelt. Perfect.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-16 07:45 PM