Apologies if this has already been posted / had a thread. Still new to this!

Just finished reading Techradar's take on the KEYone. They seem rather... reserved??

+ For
    ====
    Tactile keyboard feels good
    Android 7.0 Nougat is here
    Strong enterprise software

- Against
    ======
    Very top heavy when using keyboard
    Awkward design with navigation above board.

My take on the Key Points in review:
    =======================

The familiar QWERTY keys are back with quality feedback...

The fingerprint scanner is "neatly' tucked into the spacebar and feels like it isn't there...

We found general performance - provided by a Snapdragon 625 chip and 3GB of RAM - to be acceptable, but it's far from the slickest implementation of Android we've enjoyed...

Early Verdict:
    ========
    The Blackberry KEYone is a smartphone for the fans - offering those demanding a return of the physical keyboard to their mobile a solid, dependable option. (I'll take that!!) The only problem is those people are decreasing in numbers all the time.. (Erm...)

For the money there's a wide range of better Android handsets on the market.

Review Link is here:
    =============
    BlackBerry KeyOne hands on review | TechRadar

I know all reviews are subjective and completely depend on the person writing them. What they might like, others may not etc...

I don't know what peoples thoughts are on it? Just thought I'd put it up incase people hadn't got round to seeing it...

Nothing that has been said in the review has changed my opinion. My KEYone is already preordered...
    03-01-17 07:10 AM
    BlackBerry and the instant I'm-buying-KEYone-as-soon-as-it's-available-fans, I usually hate to say "I told you so", but, I told you so.

This verdict will be on every single review out there, I guarantee it. (Well maybe not Kevin or Bla1ze's, but...)
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and Pez1983 like this.
    03-01-17 07:23 AM
    Techradar Blackberry KEYone Review-c5w5osuu0aa2osd.jpg-large.jpg

Just seen on Twitter that Android Authority gave it BEST OF MWC2017....
    Bostil1987 and MyriadeCoh like this.
    03-01-17 07:29 AM
    It is what it is..... Enterprise hardware.
    stlabrat likes this.
    03-01-17 07:34 AM
    It is what it is..... Enterprise hardware.
    Well I did see on the catalogues how much Staples and CDW charge us for hardware and stuff... so I guess.
    03-01-17 07:36 AM
    Engadget UK's take on it is totally in contrast to Techradar. Very positive. "Blackberry and TCL working at their best."

https://www.engadget.com/2017/02/25/...cial-hands-on/
    03-01-17 07:44 AM
    Engadget UK's take on it is totally in contrast to Techradar. Very positive. "Blackberry and TCL working at their best."

Engadget nailed it. I don't understand why 1/2 the folks on this site don't get that this product is a niche and is the the first step in rebuilding the brand. This phone is a great product to remind folks that BlackBerry is still in the phone market. In the near future they can crank out slabs that appeal to the masses with high and lower specs to fit different buyers demands.

Posted via CB10
    ego_sum_spartacus likes this.
    03-01-17 07:59 AM
    Engadget nailed it. I don't understand why 1/2 the folks on this site don't get that this product is a niche and is the the first step in rebuilding the brand. This phone is a great product to remind folks that BlackBerry is still in the phone market. In the near future they can crank out slabs that appeal to the masses with high and lower specs to fit different buyers demands.

Posted via CB10
    We completely get it's niche, but we're questioning how profitable is this niche and the how the customer base will bite.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    03-01-17 08:08 AM
    The most idiotic thing ever in reviews and one that makes me instantly stop reading is when they say how having the Power button on one or the other side is an issue. A person of normal IQ gets used to its placement within a day of usage and forgets it was ever elsewhere.
    I guess they do that when it's hard to find some relevant faults so better to write anything bad then nothing at all.
    03-01-17 09:29 AM
    I pay no attention to these so called 'expert' reviews... I view them just for the photos... Any good reviewer in my mind will present the facts / specs of the device without their personal opinion and let the reader decide..

Most of these 'expert' reviews are nothing more than click bait ($$$$)... I'll use real world in hand use to decide for myself...

BlackBerry and the instant I'm-buying-KEYone-as-soon-as-it's-available-fans, I usually hate to say "I told you so", but, I told you so.

This verdict will be on every single review out there, I guarantee it. (Well maybe not Kevin or Bla1ze's, but...)
    Hate to burst your bubble but I'm still going to get it on day one and this review, nor your 'I told you so' comment, will stop me from doing so..

Haters and spec warriors be durned, it shall be mine!
    03-01-17 09:37 AM
    The most idiotic thing ever in reviews and one that makes me instantly stop reading is when they say how having the Power button on one or the other side is an issue. A person of normal IQ gets used to its placement within a day of usage and forgets it was ever elsewhere.
    I guess they do that when it's hard to find some relevant faults so better to write anything bad then nothing at all.
    I hate the placement of the power button on the Priv and even after a year I still accidentally push it when using the volume buttons. It's annoying and I agree it would be better off at the top of the phone. I have a higher than average IQ. It's not idiotic, it's a review. Why do you bother to read reviews if you stop reading when you come upon an opinion you don't agree with? By the way, I think the K1 is a great phone, but recognize that it's not perfect.
    03-01-17 09:47 AM
    I pay no attention to these so called 'expert' reviews... I view them just for the photos... Any good reviewer in my mind will present the facts / specs of the device without their personal opinion and let the reader decide..

Most of these 'expert' reviews are nothing more than click bait ($$$$)... I'll use real world in hand use to decide for myself...

Hate to burst your bubble but I'm still going to get it on day one and this review, nor your 'I told you so' comment, will stop me from doing so..

Haters and spec warriors be durned, it shall be mine!
    It's your money, do with'em whatever you like. I'm talking about sustainability of the PKB if they price it this way.
    03-01-17 09:57 AM
    ...all while you have people complaining you can't swipe to get to the Hub (when you actually can, just that it's an app). Or there's no logo on the front.
    03-01-17 09:59 AM
    It's your money, do with'em whatever you like. I'm talking about sustainability of the PKB if they price it this way.
    Nothing wrong with the price.. Looks about right and fair to me.. So if it had a SD 821 and 4GB of RAM you'd think it was worth $650 (current flagship pricing)? With that 821 you'd get less battery life and something else to complain about though,... My .02
    03-01-17 10:23 AM
    Nothing wrong with the price.. Looks about right and fair to me.. So if it had a SD 821 and 4GB of RAM you'd think it was worth $650 (current flagship pricing)? With that 821 you'd get less battery life and something else to complain about though,... My .02
    And if you read my arguments in the other threads, I never once said SD625 was a wrong choice. I'm just saying they can't sell it at that price with what it is.
    03-01-17 10:26 AM
    I don't doubt it, for the majority, but the key is better at what. I want an ultimate, portable communication device. So I like a PKB, Hub and... RGB.

Most people want a portable multimedia device, which is where the slabs are better.

For that device (and I will be carrying two) I want something like a samsung note, if not bigger, with GSM voice capability. The bigger it is the less likely I have to carry my laptop.
    Pez1983 likes this.
    03-01-17 10:44 AM
    I don't doubt it, for the majority, but the key is better at what. I want an ultimate, portable communication device. So I like a PKB, Hub and... RGB.

Most people want a portable multimedia device, which is where the slabs are better.

For that device (and I will be carrying two) I want something like a samsung note, if not bigger, with GSM voice capability. The bigger it is the less likely I have to carry my laptop.
    I wonder for the "average" non CrackBerry reader... which is thought of as a key feature for a "productive" phone.

A Keyboard?
    Or a 5.5" display or larger?

Big display is what most here in my office (now BYOD) are going for.... Notes, and iPhone Plus are the main devices... someone does have a huge ZTE phone.
    03-02-17 11:51 AM
    They really shouldn't call it a review. Of course, they only do that so when you Google KEYone review they come up, but c'mon, they haven't even had any real time with the device to justify a 'review' take on things. It's more of a 'We got to play with it for a bit in an office at Mobile World Congress, and here's some initial thoughts on it' lol.
    G_Unit MVP likes this.
    03-02-17 11:52 AM
    That comment is for informed buyers who know what they need. Everyone else would just follow the trend and what the salesperson i the shop suggests, in turn informed by % commission (iphone pays more). These everyone else don't even know BlackBerry exists, or the fact thats its a hugely profitable enterprise software firm that's still persisting with hardware.

My cousin was blown away by the packaging her iphone came in. Then couldn't even figure out how to put the sim in, and can't get whatsapp working. A Nokia would do the trick there...

As anything, know your market.
    03-02-17 12:36 PM
    Bla1ze- these were my comments from another thread. Did you notice how bad the Phone arena review was? Look at my comments below. Thanks NIck

Excellent review, knew the phone and it's capabilities. Mr. Mobile did his homework. Anyway I have watched a lot of reviews on the Keyone on you tube and I would say 90 % have been positive and respectful. But then I watch this one reviewer known as Phonearena and he was very hard on the phone, period. He hated the name and called people who use this phone dinosaurs. I thought reviewers are usually more respectful even if they don't like the phone. Who is this guy? does he hate Blackberry or just Physical key phones. He barely did any homework on it and I swear when he was typing he wasn't even looking at what the phone was doing. What do you guys think? Is he always this harsh?
    03-02-17 12:52 PM
    Bla1ze- these were my comments from another thread. Did you notice how bad the Phone arena review was? Look at my comments below. Thanks NIck

Excellent review, knew the phone and it's capabilities. Mr. Mobile did his homework. Anyway I have watched a lot of reviews on the Keyone on you tube and I would say 90 % have been positive and respectful. But then I watch this one reviewer known as Phonearena and he was very hard on the phone, period. He hated the name and called people who use this phone dinosaurs. I thought reviewers are usually more respectful even if they don't like the phone. Who is this guy? does he hate Blackberry or just Physical key phones. He barely did any homework on it and I swear when he was typing he wasn't even looking at what the phone was doing. What do you guys think? Is he always this harsh?
    Really? Phonearena is usually pretty good. Will have to go see this
    03-02-17 01:49 PM

With a PKB? Really? Holy cow, TechRadar, way to keep the secret to yourself all these years! Well done.
    03-02-17 02:25 PM

As far as I can tell that is just an article from the american site written from an american market perspective. The Techradar review is written by someone in the UK from a UK perspective. You have to understand that in the UK, £500 doesn't place you in the mid-range, it puts you in the low-end of the premium phones - that is how it will be judged here locally regardless of what happens in the US.
    Pez1983 likes this.
    03-02-17 03:11 PM
    BOOM. I agree. Many people who write these tech reviews come across as mindless trolls to me.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    03-02-17 03:12 PM
    What makes these people "experts" in writing about a phone? Please, someone pay me for my review of the device. Then I can shed this amateur status and be an expert too.
    DolemiteDONS and Pez1983 like this.
    03-02-17 03:13 PM