My DTEK app shows my OS compromised. Whether it actually is or not, or whether it's a false alarm like when it happened with my PRIV, I don't know. It happened after I accessed the engineering screen *#2886# to check my manufacture date. I'm sure nothing serious was compromised.

I know the solution to fix this is to do a factory reset. However, since I know my carrier, Rogers, will be releasing an OS update on August 21, would this be equivalent of a reset?

Will the update rewrite the compromised files and reset things back to normal? The reason I ask, is that I would rather NOT do a factory reset, since this takes a while...

Thoughts?
    08-17-17 07:21 AM
    i doubt it but its worth the short wait to know for sure
    08-17-17 08:15 AM
    i doubt it but its worth the short wait to know for sure
    Yeah, I will wait. I'm thinking that since the core of the OS and kernel is updated even with security updates, it might fix the issue. I will report back.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-17-17 08:37 AM
    Well, just received my AAN517 OS update on Rogers and my DTEK app still shows the operating system is compromised.

I'm going to ignore it and carry on. Not worth spending an afternoon restoring everything. So much for DTEK security.
    08-22-17 12:13 PM
    dtek is a complete waste of time imo.

I'd love to delete it altogether but sadly u cant.
    Matt J likes this.
    08-22-17 12:26 PM
    I had the same issue and I did a factory reset. All was OK but now it's DTEK is now reporting poor..... I will wait for the software update. Not happy with the hassle of configuring it all again.
    08-22-17 12:41 PM
    Who cares what Dtek thinks. I say DTEK itself is the problem
    08-22-17 01:34 PM
    It sounds like by going under the covers with debugging tools you triggered a security feature to bring to your attention that has been done.

Sounds like DTEK is just doing its job.
    08-22-17 01:53 PM
    Well, just received my AAN517 OS update on Rogers and my DTEK app still shows the operating system is compromised.

I'm going to ignore it and carry on. Not worth spending an afternoon restoring everything. So much for DTEK security.
    Did you disable the engineering screen access?
    08-22-17 03:37 PM
    I had the same issue and I did a factory reset. All was OK but now it's DTEK is now reporting poor..... I will wait for the software update. Not happy with the hassle of configuring it all again.
    Did you configure each item on the DTEK screen?
    08-22-17 03:38 PM
    Did you disable the engineering screen access?
    No. How does one do that?
    08-22-17 03:38 PM