Listening to a talk radio show this morning on the way to work and the host asked the tech guy if any phones could give Apple a run for their money this year. He said Samsung would because they have the Galaxy S8 and KEYone coming out soon. He thought Samsung was releasing the KEYone. Most of the outside world still does not know BlackBerry has gone Android.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-17 06:32 AM
    I know, I was surprised about that myself. They are not the only ones, one of my local phone retailers did not even know that there was a new Blackberry coming out. I just wish that they would get their processes moving forward so that it can get out to consumers ASAP.
    04-13-17 07:00 AM
    I know, I was surprised about that myself. They are not the only ones, one of my local phone retailers did not even know that there was a new Blackberry coming out. I just wish that they would get their processes moving forward so that it can get out to consumers ASAP.
    Interesting, I wonder if it was just said quickly in the interest of time and he never took a breath. Meaning more like Samsung would because they have the Galaxy S8, and KEYone is coming out soon without clarifying it's BlackBerry. I'd love the advertising but can't help but think a tech guy being interviewed about mobile devices would know the KEYone is not a Samsung device...but nowadays who knows. It runs Android so an uneducated tech guy could easily assume it's a Samsung.
    04-13-17 07:12 AM
    Seriously, bb and tcl need a real marketing team. I don't see much ads on Facebook or YouTube about keyone. Are they expect people just go to CB and check that out or word of mouth from CB fans?
    Go to YouTube right now, very first ads: Samsung S8!

Posted from BlackBerry Passport.
    04-13-17 08:52 AM
    Listening to a talk radio show this morning on the way to work and the host asked the tech guy if any phones could give Apple a run for their money this year. He said Samsung would because they have the Galaxy S8 and KEYone coming out soon. He thought Samsung was releasing the KEYone. Most of the outside world still does not know BlackBerry has gone Android.

Posted via CB10
    Not a very good "tech guy" if he doesn't even know who is making the KEYone...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    megafan2000 likes this.
    04-13-17 09:00 AM
    Interesting, I wonder if it was just said quickly in the interest of time and he never took a breath. Meaning more like Samsung would because they have the Galaxy S8, and KEYone is coming out soon without clarifying it's BlackBerry. I'd love the advertising but can't help but think a tech guy being interviewed about mobile devices would know the KEYone is not a Samsung device...but nowadays who knows. It runs Android so an uneducated tech guy could easily assume it's a Samsung.
    That might be the case, but he didn't mention any other companies or phones, just Samsung and Android. He was on to talk about the iPhone and the host sprung that question on him. He did make a very good point though that the new iPhone coming up is rumored to be around $1000, so on upcoming upgrade cycles companies will be looking for Android alternatives that are $200-300 cheaper. That's where they need to be marketing, at large industry trade shows and major company board rooms.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-17 09:04 AM
    That might be the case, but he didn't mention any other companies or phones, just Samsung and Android. He was on to talk about the iPhone and the host sprung that question on him. He did make a very good point though that the new iPhone coming up is rumored to be around $1000, so on upcoming upgrade cycles companies will be looking for Android alternatives that are $200-300 cheaper. That's where they need to be marketing, at large industry trade shows and major company board rooms.

Posted via CB10
    Good point. So here's what the iPhone "in the know" people are saying.

September Launch Event w/ 3 phones
    -sticking to the "s" variants
    -7s and 7s Plus will be upgrades spec wise and iOS11 but same design as 7. These devices will be priced at the typical price point starting at $650, etc. Pre-order and selling will be within normal iPhone launch time frames.
    -Also there will be an Anniversary edition announced. This is the rumored Zero Bezel, OLED, Curved Screen, etc. It's been called iPhone 8, iPhone, iPhone Pro, etc. But release is expected later closer to Holiday season and I did here $1099 for the 128GB. There has been speculation of lots of trouble integrating TouchID into the glass with home button removal for Anniversary. Now back to the KEYone!
    04-13-17 09:38 AM
    Seriously, bb and tcl need a real marketing team. I don't see much ads on Facebook or YouTube about keyone. Are they expect people just go to CB and check that out or word of mouth from CB fans?

Yeah, I don't think TCL is willing to put down 10.2 billion for marketing like samsung has

Samsung spent a staggering $10.2 billion on marketing last year | Android Central
    04-13-17 02:27 PM
    Yeah, I don't think TCL is willing to put down 10.2 billion for marketing like samsung has

Samsung spent a staggering $10.2 billion on marketing last year | Android Central
    Not to take away from that insane 10.2 billion number, but no differentiating numbers were given across product types. Meaning, Samsung sells everything from small appliances to $20,000 TVs. They also sell washers and dryers, etc. So their advertising numbers are skewed. While I'm sure it's a TON of money I'd be interested to know what they spend on Mobile Device Advertising. That's what counts. And I'm sure it's probably about 35% of the 10.2 unless I misread the article.
    04-13-17 04:26 PM
    Well, if some people believe Samsung is making the KEYone, they may be more interested in the device. TCL is a lesser known name AFAIK and for some, just say ''BlackBerry'' and they walk away.
    04-13-17 04:31 PM

I agree, but probably better to wait until it's available....
    Nobody wants to see "coming soon" from BlackBerry :-)
    04-13-17 05:40 PM