Hi guys,

I have customized my SYM layout to use Swedish characters, but I guess this will count for all things SYM. Up until now I feel like the SYM layout will close down again and go back to the standard input after choosing a specific character, but instead it will stay up, so all text following my first SYM is just weird characters like ")")(#//")!, which is quite annoying. Is there any way to make the virtual keyboard pop right back again after choosing a character via the physical keyboard?

Thanks!
    06-25-17 05:55 AM
    I noticed the same. But you can hold the SYM key, type the symbol(s) you need and when releasing the SYM key, the keyboard will return to normal mode again.
    06-25-17 06:07 AM
    Hi guys,

I have customized my SYM layout to use Swedish characters, but I guess this will count for all things SYM. Up until now I feel like the SYM layout will close down again and go back to the standard input after choosing a specific character, but instead it will stay up, so all text following my first SYM is just weird characters like ")")(#//")!, which is quite annoying. Is there any way to make the virtual keyboard pop right back again after choosing a character via the physical keyboard?

Thanks!
    I also noticed this recently and it's annoying for me, too. It wasnt always like this.
    06-25-17 06:32 AM
    I also noticed this recently and it's annoying for me, too. It wasnt always like this.
    Exactly, something changed over the last few weeks. I'm aware of the hold/type/release mechanism, but you need to hold the SYM key for just enough time that it disturbs the whole writing flow. One of the huge advantages of the PKB is that you can write away without looking at the screen. This change just feels obstructing.
    06-25-17 07:13 AM