View Poll Results: Are you happy with the pricing and release date?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Price is good & release date is good

5 15.63%
  • Price is too high & release date is good

4 12.50%
  • Price is good & release date is too far away

14 43.75%
  • Price is too high & release date is too far away

9 28.13%
    Like most of you, I've been waiting patiently (for the most part) for today's announcement. I've been combing the threads to see what everyone else is thinking, and it seems like a split decision. Personally, i'm ok with the price tag, but am not very happy with waiting ANOTHER month for the release. I'm genuinely wondering what everyone else's thoughts are...

EDIT: Apparently polls don't show up on the mobile app?
    Last edited by hoopitz; 02-25-17 at 06:25 PM.
    02-25-17 04:06 PM
    02-25-17 04:07 PM
    Where's the survey?
    Sorry - first time i've ever made a poll ... took a few minutes to figure it out
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    02-25-17 04:08 PM
    I think the same. Another month is frustrating.
    02-25-17 04:11 PM
    Sorry - first time i've ever made a poll ... took a few minutes to figure it out
    Well congratulations
    02-25-17 04:16 PM
    Price is not a problem for me it's the wait that killed me, I would pay double if I can have it now.
    Carjackd likes this.
    02-25-17 04:17 PM
    Well congratulations
    Haha - why thank you

Posted via CB10
    02-25-17 05:13 PM
    Price I am good with, the april release is a disappointment as I was hoping that it would be a next week sorta thing.
    They gotta try launching a phone with an immediate release so they can basically start tossing them at the crowd like T-shirts...perhaps they could toss both out to the crowd and cause a frenzy, like the strange black friday fiasco at stores with people punching and kicking to get at it...everything sells faster with blood shed!

Done on BlackBerry Classic, Rip Z10, RIP BlackBerry 10
    02-25-17 06:02 PM
    I wish the price would go down in April.
    02-25-17 06:04 PM
    Yeah, major buzzkill on the excitement they drummed up, but in the end I have no choice.

/blackberry-keyone-f445/i-dont-have-choice-1101255/
    02-25-17 06:12 PM
    I'm looking forward to it, whether it released today or in the next 3 months, I also expected it to cost more.

So overall a win-win situation

Posted via CB10 via Passport.
    02-25-17 06:26 PM
    I think the same. Another month is frustrating.
    Another month? Lmaooo they didn't specify, at this point it could be April 30. Rip.
    I've been waiting since August with my 2 year old carrier phone I'm dead
    02-25-17 07:49 PM
    Price is fine, exactly what I thought it would be. April is longer than I expected though.
    02-25-17 07:52 PM
    Reserving the right to see what happens. If it's released early April in the US and AVAILABLE to ship that would be the same as botched March 1st launch with a 3-4 week wait for delivery. With "BlackBerry Mobile" handling things who is the direct purchase from? Does the PRIV, DTEK50, DTEK60 remain with ShopBlackBerry/Digital River in the US while the KEYone is ordered through a different distributor with TCL now? That may impact availability.

To me it's like what's worse a 3 hour ride at the speed limit, or a 1 hour ride that takes three hours cause of traffic.

Just get me my phone...
    02-25-17 07:58 PM
    02-26-17 07:38 AM
    Price is far too high, and should have been out by now.

I don't think there is any doubt that some CrackBerry members will buy it and like it (which is fine). It's what everyone else thinks. And just about everyone else thinks things like this:

https://arstechnica.co.uk/gadgets/20...cury-hands-on/

"It's hard to be enthusiastic about something that is so wildly expensive for what is it. Considering how cheaply you can get devices with similar specs to the BlackBerry KeyOne, how much more money is a hardware keyboard worth to you? BlackBerry/TCL seems to be charging around £200-300 extra. For that much, touchscreen keyboards are fine."
    02-26-17 08:07 AM
    I'm kinda disappointed by both and the event. So much hype, only to have a half-baked event and having to wait even longer for the device. I can live with the pricetag, but April... well, nothing much we can do about it.

Posted via CB10
    sidtek50 likes this.
    02-26-17 08:08 AM
    Lg g6. Pre order, 2th March. This is what BlackBerry had to do.
    02-26-17 08:13 AM
    Once, just once, wouldn't it be great if this company would underpromise and over deliver? Meaning that they came out of the gate with a polished presentation for launch event (didn't happen though Kevin saved their Bozo asses), they announced a rapid availability (measured in days) and they showed the phone with available case and charging options. Their whole handling of this launch reminds me of a bad grade school production put on by 10 year olds. And I will buy the phone but as a very early BB adopter (857 to today) I fear the end is very, very near. What a shame.
    Last edited by MGO; 02-26-17 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Punctuation
    02-26-17 08:46 AM
    I know a lot of guys are complaining about the price being steep a bit, but they just focus on one number: 625. What about functionality guys? Capacitive keyboard, shortcuts, flick typing, fingerprint sensor, high quality camera.. they don't count at all? Then go ahead and buy a mediocre superboring slab for $300 or $400, you're gonna want to throw that phone out the window the next month.
    I know I am buying keyone in April. I accept the higher price for a premium keyboard. It's going to be a joy to use I am sure for the next 2, 3 years.
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    02-26-17 09:04 AM
    I dont see a problem but they should allow and lock in presales.
    02-26-17 09:10 AM
    I also agree Blackberry should start pre-order ahead of LG G6, Samsung S8, and second batch of Google pixel XL release. To me price is ok for blackberry fan but should be around $499-$529 usd to start with. $549 should come with preorder bundle.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 09:39 AM
    I also agree Blackberry should start pre-order ahead of LG G6, Samsung S8, and second batch of Google pixel XL release. To me price is ok for blackberry fan but should be around $499-$529 usd to start with. $549 should come with preorder bundle.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe, just maybe this will happen:

TCL management does a huddle, going through all the media coverage, CrackBerry forum feedback via CBK and other members, as well as other channels and sees that the price may be a bit higher than people were comfortable with. So what they do is throw people a bone to help. Maybe they'll do like the DTEK lines and throw in a case and secondary charger or screen protectors as a bundled "gift" with every purchase.

Those extras don't cost them much so it's a win win for everyone.
    02-26-17 09:46 AM
    .... Apparently polls don't show up on the mobile app?
    Apparently Stickies don't either.
    02-26-17 09:53 AM
    Apparently Stickies don't either.
    I think stickies do. Go to the main forum thread and pull down from the top. For example if you go to just the general BBM chat, swipe down from the top, just above the first sub forum and the stickies will be there. That's my experience via the BlackBerry CrackBerry app on my Passport.
    02-26-17 09:57 AM
33 12