http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreak...specs-mwc-2017

Even the Verge wrote a positive piece on the KEYone

I think the physical keyboard might actually see a comeback - maybe not with the KEYone but the ball is definitely rolling.

"I can't deny that the keyboard feels a thousand times better than a touchscreen"

As with anything people get bored - the timing is pretty ripe for the physical keyboard to make a decent comeback.

The other innovations are things like curved screens and "infinity edge" screens and "3d touch"...LMAO

Very useful innovations /S

#whatisclassic
    02-28-17 09:03 PM
    http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreak...specs-mwc-2017

Even the Verge wrote a positive piece on the KEYone

I think the physical keyboard might actually see a comeback - maybe not with the KEYone but the ball is definitely rolling.

"I can't deny that the keyboard feels a thousand times better than a touchscreen"

As with anything people get bored - the timing is pretty ripe for the physical keyboard to make a decent comeback.

The other innovations are things like curved screens and "infinity edge" screens and "3d touch"...LMAO

Very useful innovations /S

#whatisclassic

Don't worry, they'll find plenty of garbage to write about to trash it. Watch, when (if) they do a full review, they'll start the review with "The beleaguered brand blah blah blah fallen from grace blah blah blah". Always with a negative start and then they'll nitpick about something stupid that affects all Androids, but they'll somehow forget that and make it seem like it only affects BlackBerry devices.

It'll at most get a lukewarm or meh rating because they'll spend less than a week with it and somehow find a way to compare it against the latest iPhone. Then they'll go back to their usual BGR like worship of Apple devices. Their bias is what makes them such a joke.

Basically their review will be

positives: Physical keyboard (though cramped), promising battery
    negatives: Physical keyboard (nobody wants a physical keyboard), it doesn't have Facetime, only a 625

That's how dumb their review will be
    zensen likes this.
    02-28-17 09:49 PM
    And yet their Comrade Vlad had a negative take on it couple of days ago - echoing the price is too high complaint.

The title is "BlackBerry's new keyboard phone is doomed to be a noble failure"

https://www.google.com/amp/www.theve...phone-mwc-2017
    mister2d likes this.
    02-28-17 09:53 PM
    I think that almost every BlackBerry with physical qwerty phone has had that "7+" review from people that haven't themselves used physical qwerty in +5 years. Only unbiased reviews usually come from CrackBerry.

When I switched from Nokia Lumia to BlackBerry in 2014, I was looking for physical qwerty phones for a long time (before Lumia I had Nokia communicators). I almost ordered Motorola Photon, but it was really hard to get one to ship Finland.

Then I found out about passport from Phonedogs YouTube channel when I was just searching for new qwerty phones. I haven't heard the crackberry term beforehand but that was introduced and I found out about CrackBerry site and read a review of passport. I was sold

I think that this will be for just certain types of people, maybe who have had a physical qwerty keyboard for some time ago and have the courage to try one again (and us physical qwerty die hards). People who have never tried one, will probably never try because it will look so much different to their eye and probably the idea of physical keyboard will be as stupid to them as searching a number from phone book nowadays..

But, I think there is hidden need for physical qwerty phones. Many complain when asked, do they like to write on a all touch phone. I think even the "texting/posting language " has evolved to shorten messages because of an all touch devices. I often get feedback from my friends that how can you write so long messages in whatsapp, why don't you call or something? Nowadays the responses are that "throw those long messages and that BlackBerry where the sun doesn't shine "

BlackBerry keyboard gets you to places you didn't think when starting the sentence

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 10:32 PM
    Basically their review will be

positives: Physical keyboard (though cramped), promising battery
    negatives: Physical keyboard (nobody wants a physical keyboard), it doesn't have Facetime, only a 625

That's how dumb their review will be
    You forgot to add a negative that they like to use. "Ecosystem"
    LOL
    03-01-17 12:48 PM
    You forgot to add a negative that they like to use. "Ecosystem"
    LOL
    Yes, that'll be a BIG negative. They'll claim the ecosystem because it doesn't have Facetime, iTunes or iCloud
    03-01-17 01:47 PM
    They didn't let Dieter write this one. Probably would end up too positive.
    03-01-17 01:52 PM
    Vlad definitely is vocal and not in a good way regarding BlackBerry. Generally skip his articles.

What interested me more about the article was the link to the moto z play and it's impressive battery life.
    Looks like 3gb ram is the sweet spot for this cpu too as has been mentioned in reviews, opinions etc.

I'm expecting at least two days from the KEYone easily.

Seems to be a positive but like someone else said here, you could almost predict their review. They just don't spend enough hands-on with a qwerty device. It's different or at least from the most recent smartphones to date and you'd expect a bit more hands-on...

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 02:03 PM
    Vlad definitely is vocal and not in a good way regarding BlackBerry. Generally skip his articles.

What interested me more about the article was the link to the moto z play and it's impressive battery life.
    Looks like 3gb ram is the sweet spot for this cpu too as has been mentioned in reviews, opinions etc.

I'm expecting at least two days from the KEYone easily.

Seems to be a positive but like someone else said here, you could almost predict their review. They just don't spend enough hands-on with a qwerty device. It's different or at least from the most recent smartphones to date and you'd expect a bit more hands-on...

Posted via CB10
    I see your Vlad Savov, I raise you a Ron Amadeo over at Ars Technica.
    zensen likes this.
    03-01-17 02:06 PM