I have never used a physical keyboard. I've been a swiftkey user on android for years. When the passport came out with the scrolling keyboard I wanted it so bad, it made so much sense. I settled for a z30 (because of price) but ended up loving BB10.
    Ultimately, I went back to android because I needed my swiping text and I'm heavily integrated in google apps.
    All that being said, I still want to move back to BB on 2 conditions (uh, I mean suggestions).
    1. swipe up to get to the hub like BB10. I tried the priv and the hub integration on android is nowhere near the same as it was on BB10.
    2. swipe to type on the physical keyboard not flick or swipe up at suggestions, I mean swipe like swiftkey on the physical keyboard. I'm amazed that we haven't seen this yet. It's like my life would be complete with this feature.

I truly the believe that if those two simple features can be implemented and marketed, you'd see BB users and curious android users make the switch.
    02-12-16 09:40 PM
    bb can do this now if they bake into the software they dont even have to come out with a new android for it
    02-13-16 11:41 AM
    I have a suggestion also manufacture with BB10 however Chen is not listening .
    02-13-16 05:20 PM
    bb can do this now if they bake into the software they dont even have to come out with a new android for it
    You're totally right. I asked this question when passport came out. The concept of swiping to text on a physical kb is a feature that is quite foreign to bb users though so there hadn't been an apparent demand for it.
    02-13-16 05:35 PM
    I have a suggestion also manufacture with BB10 however Chen is not listening .
    Just need the playstore and I'm in. Although, I'm a dedicated android user, I maintain that bb10 is the best os hands down. I also think windows phone 8 is a distant second. If you ever get the chance try it out.
    02-13-16 05:40 PM
    I have never used a physical keyboard. I've been a swiftkey user on android for years. When the passport came out with the scrolling keyboard I wanted it so bad, it made so much sense. I settled for a z30 (because of price) but ended up loving BB10.
    Ultimately, I went back to android because I needed my swiping text and I'm heavily integrated in google apps.
    All that being said, I still want to move back to BB on 2 conditions (uh, I mean suggestions).
    1. swipe up to get to the hub like BB10. I tried the priv and the hub integration on android is nowhere near the same as it was on BB10.
    2. swipe to type on the physical keyboard not flick or swipe up at suggestions, I mean swipe like swiftkey on the physical keyboard. I'm amazed that we haven't seen this yet. It's like my life would be complete with this feature.

I truly the believe that if those two simple features can be implemented and marketed, you'd see BB users and curious android users make the switch.
    Swiping on the PKB may be possible, but I see a few issues with it.

1) The number of people who actually swipe consistently on a VKB is pretty low (proportionally). The number who would want to swipe on a PKB is a small fraction of a very small fraction (of people who use a PKB).

2) Swiping becomes more and more untenable as the phone becomes larger. It's supposed to be a technique used during single-hand use. The Priv is already not a single-hand phone, especially with the PKB open.
    02-15-16 07:25 PM
    Interesting ideas, but I'm almost certain I won't use it myself and for sure disable it. The whole point of me using a physical keyboard is for the tactility, and without the need of any learning algorithms, it just enters what I press on. Swiping on it will rely on dictionaries and prediction, so it defeats the purpose of me wanting a physical keyboard in the first place.

I find the swipe up to complete word actually slows me down, unless I'm typing really long words.
    02-19-16 09:19 PM