This is interesting...

Why do you think they would request confidentiality on this one? They've already released all the specs to us, and I can't imagine that they plan on making any changes this late in the game.
    Because @CrackBerry Kevin asked them to, so y'all would go nutty
    Thud Hardsmack and jakie55 like this.
    03-21-17 11:33 PM
    This is interesting...

Why do you think they would request confidentiality on this one? They've already released all the specs to us, and I can't imagine that they plan on making any changes this late in the game.
    Could be any number of reasons. As Denise noted, it's a regular practice. It even continues WELL BEYOND the actual announcements. External photos of devices and their block diagrams are often held back for over a year. For example: Take a look at the DTEK60. The block diagram for it still isn't available. And the external photos confidentiality agreement only expired on on March 21, 2017 despite the FCC approval going public Sept. 26, 2016. In some cases, the documents filed will NEVER be made public.

Still no FCC approval?-screenshot-2017-03-22-02.09.47.png
    03-21-17 11:59 PM
    Good points, but most manufactures give a date these dates, not a month. When the S8 has its launch event next week, their will be a date it goes on sale given.
    Not a fair comparison. I'll give you two examples. Your example the S8. Samsung will have their launch event next week and announce the release date at that time and it will likely be the next week. So let's say March 31st. Now if Samsung didn't duck MWC and new their launch date was March 31st do you think they would have announced the exact date that far out? I don't think they would.

Example 2, Apple...the iPhone. They host an event and launch date with fast approaching pre-order date. They don't introduce a device and give a date a full month or more out.

If BlackBerry Mobile made a mistake here it was introducing at MWC way before they would release. But I think they had to. They needed to to build some type of momentum ahead of time. While not the best advertising in the world, the KEYone has received more attention since Barcelona than probably any device going back to the Z10.

Thus, a little annoyance waiting for a final release date is what it is. We know it'll be here in April, or so we're told.
    jakie55 and BigBadWulf like this.
    03-22-17 12:06 AM
    Not a fair comparison. I'll give you two examples. Your example the S8. Samsung will have their launch event next week and announce the release date at that time and it will likely be the next week. So let's say March 31st. Now if Samsung didn't duck MWC and new their launch date was March 31st do you think they would have announced the exact date that far out? I don't think they would.

Example 2, Apple...the iPhone. They host an event and launch date with fast approaching pre-order date. They don't introduce a device and give a date a full month or more out.

If BlackBerry Mobile made a mistake here it was introducing at MWC way before they would release. But I think they had to. They needed to to build some type of momentum ahead of time. While not the best advertising in the world, the KEYone has received more attention since Barcelona than probably any device going back to the Z10.

Thus, a little annoyance waiting for a final release date is what it is. We know it'll be here in April, or so we're told.
    Actually exactly what I meant. The issue with announcing so early is you lost all momentum and coverage. No one mentions the phone since that week, and won't be heard from again until reviews come out. Anyone except the diehards like people here have forgotten about the phone, and will see the next LG, Samsung phone and tons of coverage about them before they realize this phone is ever for sale. It was a lost opportunity of taking advantage extremely positive press coverage.
    03-22-17 12:14 AM
    Agree, but Enterprise Reps are out. Believe it. They are in presenting to Large Corporations and Government Agencies. I heard...didn't see but heard from someone who was told he would receive a Non-Camera model in April. He has had a Non-Camera BlackBerry on Verizon for at least about 10 years including a Classic. So it's my belief we all need to pump the brakes. We will all be ordering towards the beginning of April and there will be enough phones for the Enterprise community and Consumer community.
    03-22-17 12:25 AM
    FCC releases don't other me at all. As others have stated here, the FCC often doesn't release its approval until right before the phone is available. What does bother me is that we are inching closer and closer to April and I have seen no advertising of the K1 yet. As a shareholder I would like to see a better marketing strategy than the same tired plan that has been employed, and failed, for years. I understand that you don't want to start advertising too early before the release though. So my thoughts are that we may be seeing a later April release rather than early April.
    bcbbanga4l likes this.
    03-22-17 09:12 AM
    I don't understand. April. There, you have it. The KEYone will start rolling out in April. Why is this not enough? In what way does BlackBerry Mobile owe anyone anything more than that?

Does April 7th feel better than April 12th? My birthday is in April so I'll feel better if it's shipped and lands on my doorstep on my birthday.

Stop thinking about BlackBerry Mobile as a whole and the potential impact of release date on anyone but yourself. It's simple...if you want the KEYone and you have the opportunity to buy it and it's in your hands in April then BlackBerry Mobile kept up their end of the bargain, maybe...

No "global" promise was made that I'm aware of so an April release may not include "your" particular home/country. It's up to you whether or not you still want to purchase the device.

This feeling of entitlement that "brand loyalists" deserve better and should know already since we are so close to April needs to stop.

Just be excited about the device. Be happy that the users who have seen and tested it are responding positively and you'll soon have one. Soon you'll have a brand new shiny awesome phone with an amazing PKB to use to whine on the forums about something else.

Annnnnd let the bashing begin...even though you all know I'm right. The date doesn't matter. You're buying anyway...
    I prefer to listen to this post in my head being spoken by the Rock. Enough of the namby pamby.
    bcbbanga4l likes this.
    03-22-17 09:19 AM
    As a shareholder I would like to see a better marketing strategy than the same tired plan that has been employed, and failed, for years. I understand that you don't want to start advertising too early before the release though. So my thoughts are that we may be seeing a later April release rather than early April.
    If you have stock in BlackBerry, I have some new for you... They're not building nor marketing the KEYone. It's a little known company called TCL, that may have been mentioned in a few threads here and there.
    03-22-17 04:28 PM
    03-22-17 04:35 PM
    Actually exactly what I meant. The issue with announcing so early is you lost all momentum and coverage. No one mentions the phone since that week, and won't be heard from again until reviews come out. Anyone except the diehards like people here have forgotten about the phone, and will see the next LG, Samsung phone and tons of coverage about them before they realize this phone is ever for sale. It was a lost opportunity of taking advantage extremely positive press coverage.
    They're losing momentum with those impulse buyers enamored with having something new and shiny before everyone else. The people interested in the physical keyboard are willing to wait.

The reality is most of the general public doesn't even know this phone exists. There's no point in advertising until it's ready for sale and that's the short time frame people are clamoring for... announce and have it immediately ready for sale; that's what most of the general public will experience. Most of the general public is not sitting around waiting for the KEYone nor asking for more info while waiting for it. They haven't waited at all.

What did the CES tease and MWC announcement accomplish then? First, BlackBerry fans stopped plans on buying another phone and waited to see what the new phone might be. Second, and more importantly, it got tech bloggers/reporters involved so that there will be reviews when the KEYone is finally launched. As far as the general public will see: advertising, then they'll be able to look up reviews immediately, then hopefully touch some in stores, then buy... immediately.
    jakie55 and BigBadWulf like this.
    03-22-17 04:46 PM
    If you have stock in BlackBerry, I have some new for you... They're not building nor marketing the KEYone. It's a little known company called TCL, that may have been mentioned in a few threads here and there.
    No kidding high speed. But BlackBerry Mobile still makes money based on the sales and success of the KEYone sales. Why comment on my post with your dumb, sarcastic rheotoric?
    ray689 likes this.
    03-22-17 05:18 PM
    Why is everyone so hung up on this? Who cares who is manufacturing the device. BlackBerry still controls the software and news flash, they still benefit from the device sales even if TCL is marketing it.
    03-22-17 05:24 PM
    Me thinks it's time to close this thread. Just an observation.
    anon(10101748) likes this.
    03-22-17 05:28 PM
    Why is everyone so hung up on this? Who cares who is manufacturing the device. BlackBerry still controls the software and news flash, they still benefit from the device sales even if TCL is marketing it.
    Thank you!
    ray689 likes this.
    03-22-17 05:28 PM
    Omg I can sleep at night now 😂
    Last edited by Resilience; 03-22-17 at 06:23 PM.
    03-22-17 05:37 PM
    No kidding high speed. But BlackBerry Mobile still makes money based on the sales and success of the KEYone sales. Why comment on my post with your dumb, sarcastic rheotoric?
    BlackBerry does not manufacture, market, nor do sales for the KEYone. BlackBerry profits from the licensing agreement, but it's not part of their duties to market the KEYone, as you're demanding of BlackBerry.

BlackBerry Mobile is an entity of TCL and not a joint venture with BlackBerry, if that's not clear. As a BlackBerry shareholder, you're making demands that make no sense.
    03-22-17 05:57 PM
    Qualcomm benefits from the sale of the KEYone, but does it make sense for Qualcomm shareholders to demand Qualcomm market the KEYone?

Dmd74: "As a shareholder I would like to see a better marketing strategy than the same tired plan that has been employed, and failed, for years."

Who's marketing again? BlackBerry or TCL/BlackBerry Mobile? Why would a BlackBerry shareholder have demands on TCL/BlackBerry Mobile?
    03-22-17 06:03 PM
    Here you go. Can the nonsense stop now!

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1103516

Posted via CB10
    03-22-17 06:45 PM
    Qualcomm benefits from the sale of the KEYone, but does it make sense for Qualcomm shareholders to demand Qualcomm market the KEYone?

Dmd74: "As a shareholder I would like to see a better marketing strategy than the same tired plan that has been employed, and failed, for years."

Who's marketing again? BlackBerry or TCL/BlackBerry Mobile? Why would a BlackBerry shareholder have demands on TCL/BlackBerry Mobile?
    I guess you can't just see the error in your ways and say that you are wrong. Making a comparison between Qualcomm and BlackBerry/ BlackBerry Mobile is illogical. Qualcomm sells a set amount of SoC to manufacturers and gets paid for what they have sold. It has no bearing on how well the device may sell. They still get there money either way. The same is not true for BlackBerry. They make a profit based on the amount of devices sold. For that reason the benefit directly with the success of the KEYone.

Additionally, you state that "BlackBerry profits from the licensing agreement, but it's not part of their duties to market the KEYone, as you're demanding of BlackBerry". Please tell me where I state that I am DEMANDING of anyone. Quite certain that at no time did I demand anything of anyone. I stated that I would like to see a different marketing strategy than what has historically happened. I stand by that. Blackberry products have a long and storied history of having a less than stellar marketing campaign. I would like to see a more vibrant and successful campaign. Whether that is done by BlackBerry, TCL, or Santa Claus. Doesn't matter to me. I am well aware of the marketing agreement in place, I'm not an *****. But I would think anyone with a stake in the company would like to see TCL step it up a notch.

Lastly, why you choose to debate me when you are clearly wrong is beyond me. But making inferences or out right lies in regards to what I stated is categorically wrong. Three times you state that I made demands of BlackBerry Mobile and TCL yet all I stated was I'd like to see see a better marketing strategy. Get real bro.
    03-22-17 06:47 PM
    The fact is we've heard absolutely nothing in over 3 weeks since the announcement, and April (when it will allegedly be available) starts in 2 weeks. We're desperate for any sort of information.
    Pathetic, frankly.

Your demands are not TCL's requirements. TCL doesn't owe you any information. They never did. They will release the phone when they release the phone.

And their behavior in this regard will not change how many phones they sell.

One wonders how any of us lived 30 years ago, without knowing for weeks in advance every step a company made from general idea to product on the shelf.
    03-22-17 07:04 PM
    Pathetic, frankly.

Your demands are not TCL's requirements. TCL doesn't owe you any information. They never did. They will release the phone when they release the phone.

And their behavior in this regard will not change how many phones they sell.

One wonders how any of us lived 30 years ago, without knowing for weeks in advance every step a company made from general idea to product on the shelf.
    If TCL wants people to buy their phones, they need to tell people how and when to buy their phones.

This sort of arrogance is what drove BlackBerry into the ground.
    bcbbanga4l likes this.
    03-22-17 07:24 PM
    I, who just plain shook my head about the lack of BlackBerry marketing, am believing until proven otherwise, that TCL, and BlackBerry Mobile have a marketing strategy in place. Here's hoping I am not proven wrong. For all of you who are marketing wannabes, let's just sit back and watch. All the whining in the world will not change the course of action, already put into place.
    Last edited by jakie55; 03-22-17 at 07:43 PM.
    03-22-17 07:29 PM

He said he would like to see a better marketing strategy then what has been employed in the past. He didn't say he wanted that strategy from BlackBerry specifically.
    bcbbanga4l likes this.
    03-22-17 07:39 PM
    We good now that it has passed?
    03-22-17 08:08 PM
    If TCL wants people to buy their phones, they need to tell people how and when to buy their phones.
    They are. They have.

Press releases have been around forever. It's how corporations communicate to the world.

You are not entitled to anything.
    03-22-17 09:04 PM
122 1234 ...