Steve Cistulli has tweeted that the KEYone is in production but that due to overwhelming interest they want to make sure they produce enough to meet demand.

Canada & US will have a May launch.

Discuss.
    @steveCistulli

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-key...ability-update
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    03-31-17 04:24 PM
    Screen capture tweets:
    Attached Thumbnails Steve Cistulli Comments on KEYone release date.-127750.jpg  
    03-31-17 04:27 PM
    More of the tweet:
    Attached Thumbnails Steve Cistulli Comments on KEYone release date.-127751.jpg  
    03-31-17 04:28 PM
    Steve Cistulli has tweeted that the KEYone is in production but that due to overwhelming interest they want to make sure they produce enough to meet demand.

Canada & US will have a May launch.

Discuss.
    @steveCistulli
    Really? I find that answer to be a bit incredulous. Maybe he was expecting an apple-esq type demand. Wouldn't that be great?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-17 04:29 PM
    I don't really believe him, he tweeted a few days ago about exciting month ahead. I will take Chen's words today over his trying to keep people hyped tweets.
    03-31-17 04:39 PM
    Really? I find that answer to be a bit incredulous. Maybe he was expecting an apple-esq type demand. Wouldn't that be great?

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure I buy his story to be honest. But if I believe sufficient supply is the reason for the delay, I would have thought that headlines of the KEYone being sold out would have been some good publicity. Maybe generate more interest for the device.

Right now my sentiments is that TCL's BlackBerry Mobile is following in BlackBerry's foot steps a little too well. Delivering disappointment and delays.
    jng0705 likes this.
    03-31-17 04:42 PM
    I don't really believe him, he tweeted a few days ago about exciting month ahead. I will take Chen's words today over his trying to keep people hyped tweets.
    Yeah, that doesn't add up either. Good point.
    03-31-17 04:43 PM
    He must've taken a look at the CB KEYone forum today lol
    03-31-17 04:44 PM
    It's obvious the software isn't production ready for an April release thats all. TCL doesn't have a problem making phones once they get the 'go' from BB on the OS and then TCL can schedule a production run for the KeyOne. What most likely happened is that the OS wasn't ready for the initial schedule date for production and they had the bump it down the road to the next open date at TCL. Well run hardware companies don't have factory lines sitting idle waiting for someone else, neither do they make the hardware and store the phones in a warehouse for a month waiting for the OS.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    03-31-17 04:44 PM
    It's obvious the software isn't production ready for an April release thats all. TCL doesn't have a problem making phones once they get the 'go' from BB on the OS and then TCL can schedule a production run for the KeyOne. What most likely happened is that the OS wasn't ready for the initial schedule date for production and they had the bump it down the road to the next open date at TCL. Well run hardware companies don't have factory lines sitting idle waiting for someone else, neither do they make the hardware and store the phones in a warehouse for a month waiting for the OS.
    I have a feeling you're right abouts the software not being ready. I'm sure they want to have a flawless device.
    03-31-17 04:48 PM
    Completely poor execution of a product 'launch'. One of the worst I have seen to be honest.

The tech world moves too fast for things like this to happen. By the time the device is out, the S8 and G6 will be available everywhere. Sure, BB die hards and PKB fans don't care about other devices so will wait as long as it takes for this. But it isn't going to wash with those who's interest was piqued when they have the opportunity to part with their hard earned cash elsewhere.

Tomorrow my preorder will go down on an S8 after I go and check the device out in my local carphone warehouse. Samsung have not only given us the release date, they've provided demo devices to all major retailers for them to show potential buyers. Entices a preorder after getting a hands on.

Meanwhile at TCL, phones are just about going into production. Great job the last few months guys!
    03-31-17 05:04 PM
    Anybody have any idea whether or not UK launch would be before or after the US Canada?
    03-31-17 05:19 PM
    Thank you Steve Cistulli for informing re Nth America release date, May.

Wouldn't it be grand if people now just moved on with their lives till then, oh wait, this is crackberry ......
    Adam Frix and jakie55 like this.
    03-31-17 05:22 PM
    Thank you Steve Cistulli for informing re Nth America release date, 5 May.

Wouldn't it be grand if people now just moved on with their lives till then, oh wait, this is crackberry ......
    No no. Not May 5th. All he said was May. The "/5" was listing the tweet as the fifth out of six tweets. So this could be end of May.
    anon(3641385) and mister2d like this.
    03-31-17 05:25 PM
    Completely poor execution of a product 'launch'. One of the worst I have seen to be honest.

The tech world moves too fast for things like this to happen. By the time the device is out, the S8 and G6 will be available everywhere. Sure, BB die hards and PKB fans don't care about other devices so will wait as long as it takes for this. But it isn't going to wash with those who's interest was piqued when they have the opportunity to part with their hard earned cash elsewhere.

Tomorrow my preorder will go down on an S8 after I go and check the device out in my local carphone warehouse. Samsung have not only given us the release date, they've provided demo devices to all major retailers for them to show potential buyers. Entices a preorder after getting a hands on.

Meanwhile at TCL, phones are just about going into production. Great job the last few months guys!
    Okay, it's your choice and you've made it, the S8 is for you. Android Central will be the right place for your observations re usability of that phone.
    Adam Frix likes this.
    03-31-17 05:25 PM
    No no. Not May 5th. All he said was May. The "/5" was listing the tweet as the fifth out of six tweets. So this could be end of May.
    Okay thanks for correcting me 😀

I've edited my post.
    03-31-17 05:27 PM

It's not the 5th of May. It's just May. That was just the 5th tweet in a sequence of tweets just so happens the number 5 signifying the 5th tweet happened to be written after "May" . Great now Steve will have to tweet to clear up the confusion about his tweet.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    03-31-17 05:28 PM
    Yeah I made that mistake too.
    03-31-17 05:28 PM

You should really make sure you know what you're talking about before being so bold and sarcastic. The release date is not May 5th, reread the tweet. He says the release date is May and the "5" you see after it signifies that it was his 5th tweet during a tweet storm of 6 total tweets. He actually says more news will be shared in May, which to me means that they are targeting late May but still won't commit to a date because they can't be sure. While I'm sure people will move on with their lives, they won't do so with a release date (not today anyway).
    03-31-17 05:29 PM
    Okay, it's your choice and you've made it, the S8 is for you. Android Central will be the right place for your observations re usability of that phone.
    Oh yes, I know I can discuss that there.

But I'm also allowed to discuss my frustrations on these forums at this company not being able to launch a phone in a successful manner.
    03-31-17 05:29 PM
    You should really make sure you know what you're talking about before being so bold and sarcastic. The release date is not May 5th, reread the tweet. He says the release date is May and the "5" you see after it signifies that it was his 5th tweet during a tweet storm of 6 total tweets. He actually says more news will be shared in May, which to me means that they are targeting late May but still won't commit to a date because they can't be sure. While I'm sure people will move on with their lives, they won't do so with a release date (not today anyway).
    Lol, you've got that off your chest, after I thanked the OP for correcting my misinterpretation. I do hope that is the end of your correspondence with me .....
    th.1977 and Plazmic Flame like this.
    03-31-17 05:35 PM
    LOL, are you kidding? "We aren't releasing the device because too many people want to buy it." What a freaking joke. Just admit you screwed the timeline up and people will get on with their lives.
    03-31-17 05:47 PM
    Lol, you've got that off your chest, after I thanked the OP for correcting my misinterpretation. I do hope that is the end of your correspondence with me .....
    When I started replying to your post, you had yet to be corrected by the OP. Don't dish out what you can't take.
    03-31-17 05:47 PM
    LOL, are you kidding? "We aren't releasing the device because too many people want to buy it." What a freaking joke. Just admit you screwed the timeline up and people will get on with their lives.
    Yep, honesty would have been nice. But a lot of people are speculating that it's a software problem on Blackberrys end. If true, there's no way that TCL would point the finger. If it is on BlackBerry and not TCL, I kinda respect them more for falling on the sword.
    03-31-17 05:50 PM
    Okay thanks for correcting me 😀

I've edited my post.
    No problem. I honestly made that mistake when I first read the tweets as well. Honest mistake.
    03-31-17 05:51 PM
180 123 ...