Steve Cistulli‏*@SteveCistulli

Replying to*@SteveCistulli and @bbmobile

Production is underway, but we want to be certain we can meet our customer demands and avoid disappointing stock-outs 4/

So you delayed the phone from April to May because you claim you didn't want customers to be disappointed with stock outs.

But then you only had enough phones for a Selfridge exclusive and are making some customers wait over a month later to get the phone in their hands May 31st in US and Canada.

And who even knows when other international customers will be able to get it.

Right Steve.
    04-27-17 07:09 AM
    Preach.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-17 07:15 AM
    One of the issues is he knows that the diehards will moan and complain but will buy anyway so in a way they can get away with since this probably in the grand scheme of BlackBerry means more to us then it really does to them.

As Metallica said "Sad but true."

Posted via CB10
    04-27-17 07:17 AM
    One of the issues is he knows that the diehards will moan and complain but will buy anyway so in a way they can get away with since this probably in the grand scheme of BlackBerry means more to us then it really does to them.

As Metallica said "Sad but true."

Posted via CB10
    I dunno man, I'm from Canada and I really just feel like going to rogers and get an s8, just out of spite. I know it's immature but I haven't ever had to wait this long for a phone.

Posted via CB10
    hjc73734 and th.1977 like this.
    04-27-17 07:23 AM
    Tantrums all around, eh ...
    04-27-17 07:25 AM
    I dunno man, I'm from Canada and I really just feel like going to rogers and get an s8, just out of spite. I know it's immature but I haven't ever had to wait this long for a phone.

Posted via CB10
    Also in Canada and already miss the days when we got BlackBerry first.

But I'm with you on your sentiment. I've been due for a work phone upgrade since December and have been eagerly waiting for KEYone.

I said to myself this morning just get a Samsung. I could have been a quarter through a two year upgrade by the time KEYone arrives.
    qwerty4ever and Plazmic Flame like this.
    04-27-17 07:29 AM
    Tantrums all around, eh ...
    Since when is pointing out someone lied in writing a tantrum?

Sounds like you're the one being over dramatic.
    nanda_s likes this.
    04-27-17 07:30 AM
    Since when is pointing out someone lied in writing a tantrum?

Sounds like you're the one being over dramatic.
    Ahh no, that's possibly libellous....
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    04-27-17 07:31 AM
    It may be.
    04-27-17 07:34 AM

Production is underway, but we want to be certain we can meet our customer demands and avoid disappointing stock-outs 4/

So you delayed the phone from April to May because you claim you didn't want customers to be disappointed with stock outs.

But then you only had enough phones for a Selfridge exclusive and are making some customers wait over a month later to get the phone in their hands May 31st in US and Canada.

Right Steve.
    A short period of exclusivity does not imply a falsehood.

Sending a few units to them a few weeks ahead of the general rollout may have been in exchange for a marketing campaign that would benefit both parties.
    04-27-17 07:46 AM
    This is not libel if it is a personal opinion posted on a private forum.

Please stop with the bickering everyone.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-27-17 08:07 AM
    It's a phone.

People wait in line for days for iPhones, and they sell out. They wait for days for NES Retro consoles with artificially low availability, and they sell out. Nobody calls anyone a liar.

Another month won't kill anyone if you are holding out, as it is not like you can jump to a competitor's PKB device.

And for the masses who don't read this forum, better to wait and get carrier support rather than a soft launch nobody knows about. Phones get buried quickly so I would rather have an extra month to get the hype machine going. More buzz, and more carrier and retail support will help everyone in the end.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-17 08:14 AM
    Or maybe they are waiting for carrier support.

Either way and I hope I beat the apologetic crackberry posts...professionally it would have been a courtesy to tell in that tweet of his: Look we are releasing it in UK first due to this/that - please - stay tuned, please be patient we are working hard with "carriers" or what ever in Can/US.

It's not as if they built them in China last minute on Tuesday and overnighted to the UK. They knew about this at least a month in advance.
    Bennett Ragan and PALoeza like this.
    04-27-17 08:22 AM

Right Steve.
    Australia probably August sadly
    04-27-17 09:33 AM
    It's refreshing to see that at least the name of the person being accused of being a liar has finally changed.
    04-27-17 09:40 AM
    A short period of exclusivity does not imply a falsehood.

Sending a few units to them a few weeks ahead of the general rollout may have been in exchange for a marketing campaign that would benefit both parties.
    Seems there's a good amount of mulligans still trickling through for this partnership. I think I've counted about 10 or so creative ways to explain away the Keyone release.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    04-27-17 10:13 AM
    It blows my mind how ppl can stick up for blackberry and try to justify this may 31 non sense!

No wonder crackberry Kevin fell off. They killed his excitement when they told him the truth
    04-27-17 10:18 AM
    It blows my mind how ppl can stick up for blackberry and try to justify this may 31 non sense!

No wonder crackberry Kevin fell off. They killed his excitement when they told him the truth
    Lol no need to even say anything to the defenders anymore. The whole launch process and the mass confusion and disappointment is pretty much every thread today says it all. But I'm sure they will keep on defending.
    I know some were using the excuse of rather having a finished product then one out too early and not ready for prime time. I guess now just the UK devices aren't ready? Lol.
    mister2d likes this.
    04-27-17 10:36 AM
    Seems there's a good amount of mulligans still trickling through for this partnership. I think I've counted about 10 or so creative ways to explain away the Keyone release.
    It's such a shame not everyone shares your opinion on it right? Geez, what is wrong with these people? Must be fanboys, or something...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    anon(3641385) and Blacklatino like this.
    04-27-17 10:42 AM
    Exactly!

Same mistakes over and over and over and over again.

Followed by excuse after excuse after excuse after excuse.
    mister2d likes this.
    04-27-17 10:43 AM
    Lol no need to even say anything to the defenders anymore. The whole launch process and the mass confusion and disappointment is pretty much every thread today says it all. But I'm sure they will keep on defending.
    I know some were using the excuse of rather having a finished product then one out too early and not ready for prime time. I guess now just the UK devices aren't ready? Lol.
    You have to stop defending how it's missing wireless charging. You're such a defender! ;-)

04-27-17 10:43 AM
    It's such a shame not everyone shares your opinion on it right? Geez, what is wrong with these people? Must be fanboys, or something...

Fanboy is one of the 10 in my list.

And what am I a fanboy of exactly?
    04-27-17 10:44 AM
    It's refreshing to see that at least the name of the person being accused of being a liar has finally changed.
    Ha! Good point!
    04-27-17 10:48 AM
    So true and good point indeed.

Just wait for a month and when you u get it unpacked you probably gone ..... of happiness and huge it and then you know the wait its over. You get you KEYone in your hand and bring it up above you head when you go in the same time on your knees and say out loud you finally get one.

Keep calm and keep using you daily driver for another month

Posted via CB10
    04-27-17 10:58 AM
    Really desperate to feel great about yourself. Enjoy it while it lasts lol.

The jolly silly thing is that I am very happy for anyone who has it; just disappointed for those who will have to wait over a month versus you who seems to be enjoying other individuals frustration.

Bollocks!
    In the great scheme of things a month is not long at all. Breathe and relax everything will be alright ... in time.

Q10 SQN 100-1 on 10.3.2.2474
    04-27-17 11:01 AM
111 123 ...